Albert Haynesworth to New England for 2013 5th re pick

Punch

How is he an example that the pats cannot imbue a player with a better work ethic, which is the topic right now? You said it can't be done. I mentioned it was with Moss. Now you say Thomas is a better example, even though you say he had no problems with his work ethic.

Thomas never had work ethic issues, was just as good a player, was younger and had less mileage on him when the Pats signed him, and he still flopped. Add in a poor work ethic on Haynesworth's part and you get the picture.

As for Moss, he never had concerns about his work ethic, just his attitude. Not to mention he had a lot of nagging injuries in Oakland, which is why I thought he was breaking down.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas never had work ethic issues, was just as good a player, was younger and had less mileage on him when the Pats signed him, and he still flopped. Add in a poor work ethic on Haynesworth's part and you get the picture.

As for Moss, he never had concerns about his work ethic, just his attitude. Not to mention he had a lot of nagging injuries in Oakland, which is why I thought he was breaking down.

He dogged it in Oak--that is poor work ethic. i don;t split that hair with "attitude". It was one and the same with Moss.

He dogged it in Oak--that is poor work ethic. i don;t split that hair with "attitude". It was one and the same with Moss.

Moss had 60 catches for over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's in 2005 in Oakland, which is similar to his 2008 season with the Pats. Then in 2006 (and only 2006) they hired Art Shell and some other fast food workers as coaches, not a 2-time SB-winning coach. Plus he was injured a lot that year.

Edited by Doc

Moss had 60 catches for over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's in 2005 in Oakland, which is similar to his 2008 season with the Pats. Then in 2006 (and only 2006) they hired Art Shell and some other fast food workers as coaches, not a 2-time SB-winning coach. Plus he was injured a lot that year.

(ignoring the 2007 season)....So his time in Oak, other than some injuries and sub-par coaches, represented substantial effort on his part?

Edited by Mr. WEO

(ignoring the 2007 season)....So his time in Oak, other than some injuries and sub-par coaches, represented substantial effort on his part?

Um, he played for Oakland for 2 seasons. His first was as good as his 2nd season in Patsland. His 2nd he was injured and the coaches were a joke, along with the rest of the organization. But Moss had been an elite-level player for his entire career, save that one year.

Oddly, I find myself agreeing with Mr. WEO on this one. The Pats* locker room and BB's discipline/rep allows them to draft guys like Mallett and get guys like Moss and Haynesworth with less risk than most teams of those guys stepping out of line and becoming a distraction. Must be nice....

You mean like a team/football first locker room? Where they don't have TVs?

Say what you will, but you have to LOVE the way this organization does business....

If you believed all the posts on TBD you might think the Patriots were idiots and hadn't made the playoffs in the last eleven years. Thank goodness the management at One Bills Drive is so much smarter than those perennial loser Patriots!

Hey, we stole Thigpen right from under their noses. Sweet!