Albert Haynesworth to New England for 2013 5th re pick

Punch

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW !! .....i bet he plays his azz off for them.

btw....Wilfork plays the position that albert hates....NT, taking up two blockers.

The compensation for the former NFL Defensive Player of the Year is a fifth-round pick in 2013.

Haynesworth, who will have to pass his physical for the trade to become official, is scheduled to make $5 million this season.

BB rotated Wilfork @ NT and DE. He likes verstaility, I expect he'll ask the same of Haynesworth. Hey, Randy Moss was supposedly "cancer" and he gave them several high production seasons. I'd expect the same from Albert.

The rich get richer. He will be a superstar for the Pats and we all know it. Not to say that I would want this cancer in our locker room, but the Pats locker room is a different story than ours. NE gets Haynesworth, Jets looking at Nnamdi, Dolphins get Reggie Bush, Bills get Tyler Thigpen. Par for the course.

I completely agree.

It is maddening how they pick up past superstars for nothing and turn them into an even better version of their former glory. No doubt his BS from Washington isn't going to fly anymore, and I know it is a long shot, but I am holding out hope that maybe he shows up fat and out of shape like last season.... but knowing the way things work for the Pats* there is a better chance of Maybin making the probowl next season than Haynesworth not turning it around for them.

Maybe we'll go out and get Carl Nicks and when we Play the Pats we'll take out Levitre and put in Jasper- you want Monsters we'll show you Monsters- btw if you want to talk big Leonard Davis and Langston Walker are out there too.

Oddly, I find myself agreeing with Mr. WEO on this one. The Pats* locker room and BB's discipline/rep allows them to draft guys like Mallett and get guys like Moss and Haynesworth with less risk than most teams of those guys stepping out of line and becoming a distraction. Must be nice....

The rich get richer. He will be a superstar for the Pats and we all know it. Not to say that I would want this cancer in our locker room, but the Pats locker room is a different story than ours. NE gets Haynesworth, Jets looking at Nnamdi, Dolphins get Reggie Bush, Bills get Tyler Thigpen. Par for the course.

Bingo.

Oddly, I find myself agreeing with Mr. WEO on this one. The Pats* locker room and BB's discipline/rep allows them to draft guys like Mallett and get guys like Moss and Haynesworth with less risk than most teams of those guys stepping out of line and becoming a distraction. Must be nice....

When Randy Moss returned to his diva act due to contract and prickly personality reasons he was traded for a pick. BB will get the best than can be gotten out of Haynesworth. If the troublesome player reverts to his stubborn ways he will be shipped out.

The Pats have an organizational strength and depth that allows them to take-in selective talented mal-contents and get some excellent productivity out of them. They got a number of good productive years out of RB Dillon when most people thought he ran himself out of the league.

The Pats are a very enterprising organization. They are known for winning. The Bills are a very stolid organization. They are known for losing.

Edited by JohnC

I suspect this will turn out like the Adalius Thomas move for the Pats. Haynesworth's issue is his lack of effort after receiving the big payday, and that's something you can't change (and AT had a much better work-ethic). Not to mention his best year came in his contract year with Tennessee. It's also possible he's declining, given he just turned 30 and will be entering his 10th season.

Edited by Doc

Looks like we're 0-2 against them again this year. We're sitting back this year and waiting for our chance to pounce. I think it's a smart move. We should let everyone else spend their money now so that 4 years from now we'll be the only team able to make moves. It just means that the next two years we'll remain in the "Rebuilding phase". I like watching "rebuilding" football. It's fun. Everyone in our division gets better as we sit and wait.

I suspect this will turn out like the Adalius Thomas move for the Pats. Haynesworth's issue is his lack of effort after receiving the big payday, and that's something you can't change (and AT had a much better work-ethic). Not to mention his best year came in his contract year with Tennessee. It's also possible he's declining, given he just turned 30 and will be entering his 10th season.

Haynesworth always had talent. Work ethic can be instilled by a superior motivator. Haynesworth knows he's seen his last big payday. You said Thomas was not that much of a talent--his work ethic didn't matter then.