Per Chris Brown - Bills won't target top 60 FAs

akm0404

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.whtk.com/pages/johnditullio.html

The podcasts are under. The on demand tab... not sure if they are there as I'm doing this from my phone and can't click the link for them. We will all know the answers soon enough teams can negotiate with all players starting today and sign other teams unrestricted fas starting wed per espn.

There is no way buddy can sleep for 3 days right? Haha

http://www.whtk.com/pages/johnditullio.html

The podcasts are under. The on demand tab... not sure if they are there as I'm doing this from my phone and can't click the link for them. We will all know the answers soon enough teams can negotiate with all players starting today and sign other teams unrestricted fas starting wed per espn.

There is no way buddy can sleep for 3 days right? Haha

Nothing for Chris Brown listed. (unless I'm missing something)

Back to the reality of the Wilson money first/pride last nightmare after the lockout ends. At least we have the Sabres.

Is it possible that this is the way Buddy Nix feels is best in building a team, rather than the team just being cheap? Looking at the Chargers (Where Nix came from) and the Steelers (Whaley), there doesn't appear to be any big ticket free agent signings on either team.

Do you think Ralph's highest priority is to win a Superbowl?

I don't.

I DO think his highest priorities are to (i) turn a profit; (ii) stabilize the organization long-term (including keeping them in Buffalo); and (iii) become more competitive on the field.

I think, in Ralph's view, doing (i)-(iii) above will lay the foundation to someday, possibly, win a Superbowl if everything goes right. Ralph looks at Pittsburgh and Green Bay and says, They did it this way, why can't we? And he's not completely wrong about that, although he really doesn't understand how to get there.

But make no mistake, Ralph is NOT about going balls-out to win it all before he dies. I don't know why there would be any debate about that - it's obvious. If you want to see an owner who has that mindset, look no further than Pegula. That's what a "win now at all costs" model looks like. Not that it always works - it often backfires (see Dan Snyder).

But it can get frustrating when an owner doesn't share the fans' desperation and urgency. Look at how the Jets operate - as much as I hate them and their fans, I have to hand it to their FO - they are trying to WIN IT ALL. That's their goal and expectation every season. Honestly, do you really think that's OBD's goal and expectation? Not a chance. They just want to make money and compete. It may work out eventually, but it's a long ways away, and the delay is turning off a lot of fans in the process.

This will not stop until Ralph has moved on, it's a joke on the fans of the Buffalo Bills 50 years running.

You would be happy if Ralph cashed out for 800 mil and sold to the southern California LA crowd? Ralph is the best thing to happen to Buffalo football in the last 50 years. (because there is some!!)

You would be happy if Ralph cashed out for 800 mil and sold to the southern California LA crowd? Ralph is the best thing to happen to Buffalo football in the last 50 years. (because there is some!!)

You're half right. Ralph is the best thing AND the worst thing to happen to Buffalo football in the last 50 years. He's BOTH. That's what makes it all so confounding.

Do you think Ralph's highest priority is to win a Superbowl?

I don't.

I DO think his highest priorities are to (i) turn a profit

Number one, this is a business so of course he will try to turn a profit. He wouldn't be around now if he couldn't turn some sort of profit. However, I completely disagree that his highest priority is to turn a profit. What does a 92 year old man that has millions upon millions of dollars need to concern himself with making more money through the Bills for? For every single owner in the NFL, it is a hobby to them, not a primary source of income and is absolutely not the way they have accrued millions/billions of dollars. At Ralph's age, why wouldn't he want to experience winning a Lombardi trophy before he passes? Now, for the way he spends money, I won't even get into that because no minds will be changed either way. I just think it is incredibly pessimistic to say that Ralph cares about profit first and foremost, but you are who you are.

Number one, this is a business so of course he will try to turn a profit. He wouldn't be around now if he couldn't turn some sort of profit. However, I completely disagree that his highest priority is to turn a profit. What does a 92 year old man that has millions upon millions of dollars need to concern himself with making more money through the Bills for? For every single owner in the NFL, it is a hobby to them, not a primary source of income and is absolutely not the way they have accrued millions/billions of dollars. At Ralph's age, why wouldn't he want to experience winning a Lombardi trophy before he passes? Now, for the way he spends money, I won't even get into that because no minds will be changed either way. I just think it is incredibly pessimistic to say that Ralph cares about profit first and foremost, but you are who you are.

Did you read the rest of my post.

Yep.

Knit one, purl two. Knit one, purl two.

And so it goes.

GO BILLS!!!

for folks who pretend not to care about top free agent signings there is a lot of interest in this thread. Why is that? could it be that even the apologists really would love for there to be some top free agent signings? stop deluding yourselves. if the bills signed one or two of the top free agents this board would be ecstatic.

Edited by birdog1960

A half-dozen, +/- one or two. I agree there are some enticing opportunities out there at positions at least we, as fans, feel are weaknesses on the roster (RT, TE).

You and I have been around here for many years. There were Flutie/Johnson, Losman/Edwards debates, etc. I even recall a prominent poster saying that the 2006 draft was a good one.

My point is that we as posters are rarely in full agreement on any issue (which imo is a good thing).

Now, the entire board seems to agree that we are weak at RT and TE. The only dispute in terms of the OL seems to be about LT, but I digress.

Kevin Boss blocking would not be the same as CJ Spiller trying (or not trying) to throw a block. He is a monster, and teams would need to bring that much more to get to a mobile, agile Fitz.

A RT would improve the running game too (perhaps CJ Spiller could gain a few yards), a much needed things in the elements of Orchard Park, NY.

There are players out there who can help us, and we have been quite patient, having sat through the bumbling, idiotic drafts and the free agents who cannot play. Signing a good OT and TE would give them more flexibility in the 2012 draft as well.

They should be in there competing for players who can help us, not twiddling their thumbs and looking for "bargains."

for folks who pretend not to care about top free agent signings there is a lot of interest in this thread. Why is that? could it be that even the apologists really would love for there to be some top free agent signings? stop deluding yourselves. if the bills signed one or two of the top free agents this board would be ecstatic.

For folks who pretend not to care that something somebody heard on the radio and posted from memory is not the gospel truth there is a lot of interest in this thread. Why is that? Could it be the old ladies in the knitting group would really love for there to be no free agent signings? Stop deluding yourself. If the Bills didn't sign a single free agent much of this board would be ecstatic.

GO BILLS!!!

Nix has openly stated:

1. They'll build through the draft.

2. They'll retain guys they identify as key players

3. They aren't fans of chasing "big money" guys

None of Brown's comments should be a shock to anyone that's paying attention. Chasing names doesn't work (see Washington Redskins) and letting your premiere players go is stupid.

I trust Buddy & Chan!

Nix has openly stated:

1. They'll build through the draft.

2. They'll retain guys they identify as key players

3. They aren't fans of chasing "big money" guys

None of Brown's comments should be a shock to anyone that's paying attention. Chasing names doesn't work (see Washington Redskins) and letting your premiere players go is stupid.

I trust Buddy & Chan!

Mike I hear you and Buddy loud and clear :thumbsup: and I agree.

However, isn't there some mid-level TE and RT we could get that really could help this team out quite a bit? That is all I am hoping for with respect to some of that extra cap space that we have over other teams.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Mike I hear you and Buddy loud and clear :thumbsup: and I agree.

However, isn't there some mid-level TE and RT we could get that really could help this team out quite a bit? That is all I am hoping for with respect to some of that extra cap space that we have over other teams.

I would anticipate that they're going to go after guys they liked but may not be starters on other teams. They seem to LOVE trying to get the sleeper guys.

This will not stop until Ralph has moved on, it's a joke on the fans of the Buffalo Bills 50 years running.

Yep. Let's all get stoked for our subpar 2011 Campaign!!!! But hey we got new Uniforms, so go spend your money on them!!!