Per Chris Brown - Bills won't target top 60 FAs

akm0404

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posluszny and Florence will most likely re-sign and I wouldn't be surprised to see Steve Johnson, Andy Levitre, and perhaps Kyle Williams eventually extended. Perhaps that's how they get to the cap floor by the end of the season.

Nix made a blunder last year when he arrogantly declared he was going to bed on the eve of free agency. He won't make that comment again, but the result appears to be the same: Buffalo on the outside looking in as other teams improve in UFA. Apparently the Bills will trust their 2010 draft class that couldn't get on the field, their 2011 rookies, and their veterans improving to be respectable in 2011. There just doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency to rebuild as quickly as possible. They don't need to spend like Washington stupidly does year in and year out, but 1-2 good free agents could expedite their rebuilding.

They could probably be at or near the floor by just resigning Poz, Florence & their rookies.

They could probably be at or near the floor by just resigning Poz, Florence & their rookies.

I'm sorry, but I find your avatar vulgar, and offensive. Please change it! :nana:

Lets wait and see what they actually do before passing judgement?

A 50 year track record is enough of a sample to not need to wait. We can accurately predict what RW has ordered his underlings to do without having to wait. The homers and RW apologists are forever optimistic (PTR etc) because they're blind and don't want to accept reality.

RW is the ultimate illusionist... Constantly doing the bare minimum to keep people interested while pocketing his $25-$30 million in profit yearly on a team he bought for $25k. He's made hundreds, yes hundreds, of millions by being lucky attached to a brand. That brand is the NFL.

Anyone who says this guy is a savor of we should be happy with having a team is lost. (0 years of losing and futility when we should have had a winner. The guy doesn't recognize that winning is will return more profit that his mediocrity.

I'll admit I'm hopIng for new owner or a relocation because this pathetic owner isnt worth the taxes I pay as an Erie county resident. Im a diehard fan but this ahole has the sweetest deal going... Have the hardworking taxpayers build him a stadium and operate And maintain it and have the league and the fans make him a future.

I ended my years as a season ticket holder 2 seasons ago. I refuse to support an owner who:

1) takes my tax dollars as profit

2) who took my season ticket money ad refused to spend it to build a team while simultaneously crying poor at the sAme time he is among the most profitable teams in the league

3) after 50 years and millions of dollars in taxpayer support refuses to ensure this te remains here.

He's the worst owner in the NFL bar none. And I andany of my friends refuse to support him anymore. Die And sell to the highest bidder with no certainty of stAying here is not fan or region friendly and I'm done supporting it.

Anyone who supports it out of fear of them leaving if you dont is only ensuring his profit while failing to recognize this team is going to be relocated if RW doesnt ensure it won't be. So youre wasting your money, the departure is inevitable.

I think people are not realizing that a guy in the ballpark of 70 can still be a solid player this year.

Think second to third best free agent prospect on any given team. That's still solidly starters, including guys like brown and bushrod that were earlier mentioned as out of our league.

Last I am trying to remember that positions like ILB, RT and TE are three of the least sexy lowest ranking positions in a fan/sportscasters mind.

Edited by NoSaint

Same old Bills. It's easy to forget how cheap the Bills are now days because of the sabres. We think that all is well in Buffalo sports, but we forget about Ralph...

IMHO I don't think so . Buddy is doing exactly what he said he was going to do build the team through the draft .

Nothing has changed , the fan base as usual follow along with the blow more money than we have to bring in guys that will only make a difference until there huge contracts are up (look at Nate Clemens in SF)

And like SF 49ers won't be able to keep them around & have to put the team in a problem area of finding some one else to fill his shows for less money because they gave them the huge contract that they really didn't deserve .

What has Clements done for SF ----- not much he was better as a Bill than a 49er !!

Buddy knows a lot more than the fan base about how to build a team the right way for the future , i'll take his way over yours ANY DAY !!!

I'll go the way of having a surplus over having a deficit every time !! :worthy:

Edited by T master

He's not as out of the loop as you might think. He's written things pre-draft the past couple of years that have turned out to be spot-on in hindsight. e.g. the selection of a "scatback" and this year that they'd be going heavy on defensive picks. Does the NFL's equivalent of the Kansas City Royals really need to play its cards close to the vest?

The "scatback" comment was a direct quote from Gailey during an official interview, so it wasn't really any behind the scenes info. And over the course of every offseason, including this one, Chris Brown writes about every possible scenario, so he's bound to hit one one sooner or later.

I'm not saying he isn't in the loop. Heck, he has to be at least a little bit based on location alone. But even through various GM's, coaches, and players I've never read anything from Chris Brown that has given me the impression that he has any inside sources that give him any information the team isn't purposefully trying to release to the public. Really, I'm pretty sure that's part of the job description.

Anyway, whether he has extra info or not, the news isn't surprising to hear. As someone else mentioned, Nix has made it very clear since his first few days on the job that he has no intention of going after big name, expensive free agents. I'm not sure why everyone around here gets so riled up thinking we're going to make a big slash with that information publicly known.

All good until the end, that is To be determined.

A 50 year track record is enough of a sample to not need to wait. We can accurately predict what RW has ordered his underlings to do without having to wait. The homers and RW apologists are forever optimistic (PTR etc) because they're blind and don't want to accept reality.

RW is the ultimate illusionist... Constantly doing the bare minimum to keep people interested while pocketing his $25-$30 million in profit yearly on a team he bought for $25k. He's made hundreds, yes hundreds, of millions by being lucky attached to a brand. That brand is the NFL.

Anyone who says this guy is a savor of we should be happy with having a team is lost. (0 years of losing and futility when we should have had a winner. The guy doesn't recognize that winning is will return more profit that his mediocrity.

I'll admit I'm hopIng for new owner or a relocation because this pathetic owner isnt worth the taxes I pay as an Erie county resident. Im a diehard fan but this ahole has the sweetest deal going... Have the hardworking taxpayers build him a stadium and operate And maintain it and have the league and the fans make him a future.

I ended my years as a season ticket holder 2 seasons ago. I refuse to support an owner who:

2) who took my season ticket money ad refused to spend it to build a team while simultaneously crying poor at the sAme time he is among the most profitable teams in the league

3) after 50 years and millions of dollars in taxpayer support refuses to ensure this te remains here.

He's the worst owner in the NFL bar none. And I andany of my friends refuse to support him anymore. Die And sell to the highest bidder with no certainty of stAying here is not fan or region friendly and I'm done supporting it.

Anyone who supports it out of fear of them leaving if you dont is only ensuring his profit while failing to recognize this team is going to be relocated if RW doesnt ensure it won't be. So youre wasting your money, the departure is inevitable.

If they must spend cash to the cap, whether it's 99% or 90% or whatever, means that the money will get spent on someone. Who these players are is a matter of philosophy. I'd choose the Packers' and Steelers' over the Redskins'. The Ralph is cheap posts are clearly misguided. Time to learn a different tune.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

Did anyone else hear this radio show? Or are we turning rumors and pure speculation into fact and overreacting before anything happens? I find it hard to believe that a guy like Nix would turn his hand face up and let everyone know what he plans on doing in regards to free agency well before the league is even open for business again.

Did anyone else hear this radio show? Or are we turning rumors and pure speculation into fact and overreacting before anything happens? I find it hard to believe that a guy like Nix would turn his hand face up and let everyone know what he plans on doing in regards to free agency well before the league is even open for business again.

Yeah, we could be taking this out of context.

Yeah, we could be taking this out of context.

You mean, since we dont have any context?

What if we sign a list that included

A marquee signing like Kevin boss who overshoots that range some but certainly isn't a make waves around the league elite signing

Jamaal brown who can play either tackle serviceably for a year or two to buy time

Resign Florence

Resign poz

Add a solid backup qb

Bring in some depth guys to round out the roster

Where are these guys generally ranked among the free agent list?

Pos, ILB

Florence, CB

Thigpen, QB

Clabo, RT

Miller, TE

Because if the Bills signed these 5 and no one else (aside from the usual training camp fodder), the vast majority of Bills fans would be thrilled. Ebenezer Wilson really can't fork over the money for Clabo and Miller? What about the revenue coming from the Toronto series debacle?

Not a great list (disagree with many player rankings) but scanning some of what's out there here's a rough 100 man list from SN atleast gives some semblance of what is out there in that second to third tier even if the ordering is a little weak. Not guys I'd cry about if we landed 2-3 at need positions.

And to point out that guys on some lists are top 20 and others barely top 50 might help people remember how worthless a soundbite saying "top 60" really is. Essentially even if it's true, cross off the first 25 names and you have an idea of who's in play here

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-05/sn-rates-the-top-100-nfl-free-agents

Edited by NoSaint

Are you f'n serious. Your a disgrace.

Where are these guys generally ranked among the free agent list?

Pos, ILB

Florence, CB

Thigpen, QB

Clabo, RT

Miller, TE

Because if the Bills signed these 5 and no one else (aside from the usual training camp fodder), the vast majority of Bills fans would be thrilled. Ebenezer Wilson really can't fork over the money for Clabo and Miller? What about the revenue coming from the Toronto series debacle?

IF true... And that's an IF.... Claybo and miller are crossed off but I'd venture the second at either of these (non-premier) positions would be right about where the upper part of the target would land

Again I through out

Boss

Brown/bushrod

Gradkowski/thigpen/t jack

Poz

Florence

As a free agency class that falls right in the discussion, and as one half this board has advocated for all offseason. But I suppose the sky is falling.

I find it hard to believe that 1.) Chris Brown said "the Bills are targeting the 70th-100th best free agents"

Even if he did say that I doubt

2.) that the Bills rank all free agents in order.

Top 100 free agents is a term used by "media" and fantasy football.

Actuall football people are going to look at team needs and players that fit the team need. Not whether they should pick up the 69th or 70th "best free agent"

Do you have a link to the audio?

agreed with this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bills don't sign any "real" talent. But that whole ranking of free agents is more media lingo than things you would hear from an nfl front office.

We don't have much longer to wait.