Fitzmagic Will get an extension

After talking with my cousin Captain Foresight We have determined that Fitz will be getting an extension before the starting of the season. Forsight estimates 3 years 15 Million

Hopefully it is a facial hair extension, that thing he tried to grow last season should have been outlawed. People who can't grow a full beard, only in spots, unless they are homeless should be made to shave.

Hopefully it is a facial hair extension, that thing he tried to grow last season should have been outlawed. People who can't grow a full beard, only in spots, unless they are homeless should be made to shave.

This is kind of a silly thing to have an argument with, but what about this is not a full beard? This was the mother of all beards!

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/fitzpatrick-beard.jpg

Just because he doesn't have your stunning unibrow doesn't mean it's not a beard.

I think Fitz could get an extension if he plays well through the first month. If we beat NE he gets one the next day...I like Fitz. I think can be an above average QB for us for 5-7 years, but it won't happen that way unless he plays well in the first month of the season.

Yes but more importantly, what is your opinion of his beard?

I don't know (about the extension). I would rather they re-up/extend Wood & Levitre before Fitzgibbons, Johnson too.

Regarding the beard...Fitzy has nothing to be ashamed about. That was some righteous facial hair.

Get new deals for these 3 and prepare yourselves for the era of Terrelle Pryor in B-Lo. We will take him with a 4th or 5th in the supplimental draft. Gailey loves a mobile QB and Pryor has that unique skillset that doesn't come around often. If Gailey could get what he got out of Kordell Stewart I have full confidence that he could do something special with Pryor.

Get new deals for these 3 and prepare yourselves for the era of Terrelle Pryor in B-Lo. We will take him with a 4th or 5th in the supplimental draft. Gailey loves a mobile QB and Pryor has that unique skillset that doesn't come around often. If Gailey could get what he got out of Kordell Stewart I have full confidence that he could do something special with Pryor.

How is Pryor's facial hair?

The beard is the most important aspect of his game...just saying

Not to split hairs but I would say his brain first, beard second.

Fitz needs to play well this year to earn an extension, Ralph is not eating another multi-year deal after the Dickie J. sign & instantly fail scenario.

Yeah it would be just like Overdorf and Littman to try to shave money off Fitzy's contract offer.

Oh, god no. The 2012 draft class appears that it will be rich with starting caliber NFL QB's. We will likely get our QB of the future in the 1st round next year. As long as it's reasonable, I don't see anything wrong with re-signing Fitz to a 2-3 year contract extention.

There is a new provision in the CBA that raises the game day roster size one player, from 45 to 46. And the league eliminated the third QB rule. Now teams can dress three QBs if they wish, but there is no emergency QB anymore.

Therefore, teams like the Bills, with coaches like Gailey, can much more easily utilize inexperienced and/or specialized QBs like Pryor in packages, without sacrificing their back-up QB who may be more ready to take over the reigns should the starter go down during the game. In years past, those guys would not be dressed gameday.

This alone may make the Bills look at Pryor, or guys like him, more. I'm not saying we will go after him, and I highly doubt if they did they would spend anything higher than a 6th round pick. But the likelihood just increased.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

There is a new provision in the CBA that raises the game day roster size one player, from 45 to 46. And the league eliminated the third QB rule. Now teams can dress three QBs if they wish, but there is no emergency QB anymore.

Therefore, teams like the Bills, with coaches like Gailey, can much more easily utilize inexperienced and/or specialized QBs like Pryor in packages, without sacrificing their back-up QB who may be more ready to take over the reigns should the starter go down during the game. In years past, those guys would not be dressed gameday.

This alone may make the Bills look at Pryor, or guys like him, more. I'm not saying we will go after him, and I highly doubt if they did they would spend anything higher than a 6th round pick. But the likelihood just increased.

Good call, I hadn't considered how the roster change would affect the use of younger QBs. A coach will be able to use a young QB in very specific packages without losing their primary back-up.