OK, tough guys.. time to fess up.

Quester74

Harry Chapin...Cat's in the Cradle...being a dad of 3 sons, 2 of which are 19 & 20...it's starting to come true... :cry:

I am sure I am among a vast minority...but I am not a rah rah USA kind of guy....

Being as today is the 4th of July, I'll run the gambit of listening to a list of patriotic-type songs.. the one that ALWAYS gets me choked up is Lee Greenwood's - God Bless the USA.

youtube.com/watch?v=sWC8liHX_G8&feature=related

Edited by The Poojer

Harry Chapin...Cat's in the Cradle...being a dad of 3 sons, 2 of which are 19 & 20...it's starting to come true... :cry:

Cat's in the Cradle gets me too but for a different reason. I'm in Virginia Beach, brother is in Memphis, mother has passed away, and Dad is up in Erie all alone :(

I am sure I am among a vast minority...but I am not a rah rah USA kind of guy....

CitC is also another one that tears me up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwDYBWEDSc

It takes a lot for me to cry w/o physical pain (and at that, it takes a lot of physical pain for me to cry), but this version gets me. I put this song's main phrase "We'll walk in fields of gold" on a headstone for my dog a few years ago. For 12 years he went with me almost everywhere, including walking all the fields of gold at my grandparents'/uncle's farm in WNY when we went up for my grandfather's funeral, then about a week later, after he fell ill, the vet showed us X-rays of a large mass in his abdomen. So that walk is my last best memory of him. And this song always gets me.

I dunno about crying, but Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner still gives me goosebumps. I may have cried a bit in the Stadium when she performed it before SB XXV.

My youngest son just made baseball allstars. They played this version of the SSB over the PA system before the first game and seeing him standing there on the third base line with his red, white and blue uniform with his name on the back, hat over heart made me cry. :cry:

Edited by Richmond_Bills