Jersey Poll

eball

New Uniform Purchase?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Buying a new Bills jersey? Which player?

• Not buying one
    • Buying one but personalizing it
    • Fitz
    • Jackson
    • Spiller
    • Evans
    • Stevie J.
    • Wood/Levitre/Bell
    • Kyle Williams
    • Dareus
    • Poz (hoping he'll re-sign)
    • Other defensive player
    • Other rookie (Jasper anyone?)

I'm all set to get that credit card out tonight and buy one of the new jerseys -- thinking I'll go with Dareus but not 100% yet. I'm interested in other thoughts.

Edited by eball

i have pulled a 180 on the uniforms and think i might buy a freddie jersey. There should be an asterisk to my love of the new unis though... i absolutely HATE the blue pants. hate them. they remind me of 2-14 years, joe ferguson in his latter years throwing tons of picks, they just look loserly. i always loved every iteration of all white jerseys the most, especially the current throwbacks.

Blind allegiance, and a couple of drinks later, I'm the proud owner of a new Marcel D blue jersey.

A true Bills fan always buys blue! Why? Because we drink lots of beer and stain the white ones!

Also because over the years, we've had lots to be blue over.

But kudos to you on your new jersey (damn, I hate saying new jersey).

Blind allegiance, and a couple of drinks later, I’m the proud owner of a new Marcel D blue jersey.

A true Bills fan always buys blue! Why? Because we drink lots of beer and stain the white ones!

Agreed. I'll end up buying a blue and a white eventually, but the blue is my going to the game tailgaiting jersey which will get pretty messy. I'll still spill beers on my at home watching the game white jersey though it won't be quite as messy.

Agreed. I'll end up buying a blue and a white eventually, but the blue is my going to the game tailgaiting jersey which will get pretty messy. I'll still spill beers on my at home watching the game white jersey though it won't be quite as messy.

whats up guys with you and the beer abuse...come to my house i have naked women running around stopping beers from being tilted over to far....oh wait i broke up with those amish women...damn...anyway ill tell you about my dream of the bills keeping the old jerseys...i did like them and the powder blue (royal) im not kicking it yet...did get my poz jersey though...god i hope the bills resign him now..or ill look as lame as the powder blue my ex fiancee use to wear...uggghhhh...i hope they grow...i hope they.....

@San Jose Bills Fan- we have to grab some beers and watch a couple of games together this year. I'm in the East Bay. Better yet, catch a couple of games in Buffalo! I'll be out there at least three times this season, assuming we have one.

Sounds good JM. There's a Bills Backers Chapter that was founded by our esteemed TSW guy, Mark Vader.

We meet at The Brittania Arms in Cupertino.

I'm gonna try organizing a TSW get together… there's more of us Bay Area Bills fans than I originally thought.

I like the Replican jerseys better than the authentic ones.

The Replicans have stripes on the sleeves where they belong.

The authentic ones have them shooting up out of the armpits.

They look like midget wings or large eye lashes.

For the most part, I like the new unis, but there are a few details like the strips that they whiffed on, IMHO.

Delighted to see the old rags given the heave-ho.

Hope they sent them to Larry Felzer's place. He could use a few clown suits these days.

I like the Replican jerseys better than the authentic ones.

The Replicans have stripes on the sleeves where they belong.

The authentic ones have them shooting up out of the armpits.

I looked at dhgate this morning and couldn't tell if the ones claiming to be 2011 were the new style or not, the sleeves were so different.

Not buying one yet I want to see how well the team does during the season before I commit to getting a jersey. I hope that the team does well and I can pick from a bunch of players.

If I had to pick a jersey now it would be Stevie Johnson. But I will likely wait a little before getting one.

i have pulled a 180 on the uniforms and think i might buy a freddie jersey. There should be an asterisk to my love of the new unis though... i absolutely HATE the blue pants. hate them. they remind me of 2-14 years, joe ferguson in his latter years throwing tons of picks, they just look loserly. i always loved every iteration of all white jerseys the most, especially the current throwbacks.

Hey McK...read your post several times, wondering if I am reading it wrong. We ditched the blue pants, so you can remove your asterisk. Here's a great video by Mark Gaughan going thru the history of our unis to present day. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article467342.ece

I know I am in the minority here, but I am gonna miss the red helmets.

Hey McK...read your post several times, wondering if I am reading it wrong. We ditched the blue pants, so you can remove your asterisk. Here's a great video by Mark Gaughan going thru the history of our unis to present day. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article467342.ece

I know I am in the minority here, but I am gonna miss the red helmets.

Great time watching the video.

1) It shows (by contrast) how hideous the most recent clown-suits were

2) It makes me wish they had just gone back to the SuperBowl era ones or, better, the true throwbacks, but I'll take what I got and be happy.

3) He keeps saying "Royal Blue" but I always thought the official colors were Red, White, and FLAG blue.

Good find.

Edited by maddenboy

Also because over the years, we've had lots to be blue over.

But kudos to you on your new jersey (damn, I hate saying new jersey).

you could say new unis.

Not buying one but on the Sundays my Boys don't play I will be wearing some red..white..and blue.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Great time watching the video.

1) It shows (by contrast) how hideous the most recent clown-suits were

2) It makes me wish they had just gone back to the SuperBowl era ones or, better, the true throwbacks, but I'll take what I got and be happy.

3) He keeps saying "Royal Blue" but I always thought the official colors were Red, White, and FLAG blue.

Good find.

According to the '93 Media Guide, the team colors were Royal Blue, Scarlet Red, and White.

you could say new unis.

Not buying one but on the Sundays my Boys don't play I will be wearing some red..white..and blue.

Hey Girlie,

Funny that you mention that. Back during the Chuck Knox era (1978-82) the Bills played the Cowboys on Monday Night Football.

I think it was Conrad Dobler (it might have been Phil Villapiano) who famously said, "If they're America's Team, why are we the ones wearing red, white, and blue?"

The Bills led at the half but unfortunately lost the game, 27-14. But I forgive you.

Until the team gets a player whose jersey I'd want to wear, I'm staying on the sidelines. I instead spent the money on a game-used hockey jersey from my alma mater for $150. A few holes, stick marks, and board burns, and it's definitely on the big side size-wise, but it's got character behind it!

Until the team gets a player whose jersey I'd want to wear, I'm staying on the sidelines. I instead spent the money on a game-used hockey jersey from my alma mater for $150. A few holes, stick marks, and board burns, and it's definitely on the big side size-wise, but it's got character behind it!

"My alma mater?"

Are you ashamed or sworn to secrecy?

RPI. I used to be ashamed until they made the NCAAs this year for the first time in 16 years.

Good school!

Academically RPI is well-respected. It seems like their engineering and architecture schools are particularly good.

And they've always been a good hockey school.

I went to Buff State with no regrets but would love to have gone to RPI.

As suggested by this unofficial poll, Dareus is the winner, hands down. I was curious so I visited the Bills online store -- a Dareus replica is now only available in M (blue) or L (white). All other sizes sold out. No other player comes close, but it appears Lee Evans' blue jersey is a distant 2nd.

Expect to see lots of 99s in the crowd when football is finally played in Orchard Park.

I like the new uni's 1000xs more than what we had, but I do have some things I don't like about the new ones. I still like the red helmuts better. I don't like the stripes on the shoulders of the home jerseys. If you picture the jerseys without I think you'll see a much cleaner look. Since they are going with white pants with white jerseys I think they should have removed the stripe on the pants when wearing the road jerseys. The stripes look fine on the home jerseys because they have a terminating blue at the waste. The white jerseys don't terminate the stripes making them look like an after thought.

I guess what I'm saying is less is more. Of coarse I could find fault with the Mona Lisa. Yeah I'm not invited to too many partys. :w00t:

Edited by MikeSpeed