Should the Bills re-sign Poz

I'm also in the "if he's not a first ballot hall of famer cut him and have him air-brushed out of all team photos and memorabilia" camp. We need to create as many holes on the defense as possible so we can set up our draft picks to fail and label them all busts. Poz may be the best we have and good enough, but he's no damn good and we should replace him with somebody worse.

:thumbsup:

Nix and Gailey got off to a good start by switching our defense to a 3-4 and doubling the number of holes right there. I think the next one to go after Poz should be Kyle Williams. He doesn't really fit the new scheme as he is not big enough to play NT. We could replace him with an undrafted free agent or 7th round draft pick.

Edited by vincec

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poz sells a lot of jerseys, but he gets injured a lot. I got my head bitten off last year after referring to him as "Mr. Glass." Keep him... yes, but don't pay too much for him. I agree with other posters there.

Not at $5 mil year. Something like 4 years, $15 million with $6 million guaranteed.

That makes some sense.

I am no talent evaluator, but I have no recollection of Poz making any big plays. There may be a few, but I would not go too far to keep him.

Not at $5 mil year. Something like 4 years, $15 million with $6 million guaranteed.

He's walking if he get's a low-ball offer like this, and then telling anyone who will listen what the team offered him.

I would much rather him getting Kelsay money than Kelsay.

5 years 25 mil, 13mil guaranteed. Let's see what he can do with a real LB coach and some big boys up in front of him.

Edited by stony

Never been that impressed with the Poz, to me he's London Fletcher- if London Fletcher got injured a lot, Bill fans couldn't wait to get rid of London Fletcher so I really don't understand POZ love- that being said it's not like the Bills have been anywhere near a salary cap lately or that we have an obvious candidate for someone better to replace Poz nor is it likely that we need extra money because we are going to make a huge splash in free agency- so sign Poz if he doesn't ask for the ridiculous,don't try to low ball him.

Posluszny is a team captain and the defensive signal caller. He's, in essence, the 'quarterback' of our defense. Losing a 4-year veteran like Poz - who should now be entering his prime - would just set the team back, after such an excellent draft centered around improving our defense. Of course the Bills need to re-sign P2

(And let's not forget, the man has no neck - his head is attached directly to his torso.)

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

post-2970-098819300 1307445634_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

This is where I pray the Kelsay deal doesn't screw this team, because I'd take Poz over Kelsay any day of the week, yet I don't believe Poz has shown us he's worth more than 4 million a year. He is just about a first round LB - so he hasn't played up to that standard.

Still, we need to look at who is available over the next two years. You don't judge a contract's worth by todays standards, I think, you judge it by how it will hold up next year, and next. I mean at the rate contracts have been going up, if you like a guy and want him around for 3-4 years, then paying him on the high end of the scale now will equate to an average contract in two or three years.

If I were G.M., I'd cut Kelsay and use that money towards keeping Poz. Give him no more than 5 million a year, and leave yourself room to cut him affordably in a year or two if he doesn't show he's very good with an improved D-line ahead of him.

In comparison, Gary Brackett signed 5years-$33M last offseason- an avg of $6.6M per year. Derrick Johnson also signed 6yrs-36.47M during the season. Poz is probably worth about the same.

Also, it's not like they're cap or cash strapped, they don't need to cut Kelsay in order to sign someone else.

for a team with very little depth at any position, I would be unhappy if they didn't re-sign him. Just because the team keeps him around doesn't mean they can't look to find better talent at his position. Then you would have elite talent at that position if a replacement is in fact found, and you have poz as a high quality alternative. Hopefully they re-sign him with a contract that is incentive based, rather than a ton of up front, unearned money.

If they don't resign him it will show you how clueless Buddy Nix and Co. is. He will be one of the most sought after Free Agents on the market and the Bills better pony up, or like someone else said, they will never get better. He is a tackling machine, and unlike the majority of players nowadays, he is a total class act and team player, and positive in the locker room. It will be like the Bills though to let him go and rely on a rookie or undrafted free agent, or another teams castoff that nobody else wants.

Nix and Gailey got off to a good start by switching our defense to a 3-4 and doubling the number of holes right there. I think the next one to go after Poz should be Kyle Williams. He doesn't really fit the new scheme as he is not big enough to play NT. We could replace him with an undrafted free agent or 7th round draft pick.

Couldn't agree more. Kyle Williams doesn't fit the prototype, and should be the first cut if we're ever going to get better. He's not big enough to play in 3-4 and if I were GM he would be ground into meat to feed the players who are actually worth a damn.

All Poz does is tackle people AFTER they've crossed the line of scrimmage. He reminds me of London Fletcher. Although Fletcher was basically an alternate on every pro bowl team for the last 10+ years, made SI's All-Decade 2000s team, is a tackling machine who never gets hurt, he sucks and we're better off without him. I would also have Poz ground into meat but Jasper doesn't like Polish sausage.

Couldn't agree more. Kyle Williams doesn't fit the prototype, and should be the first cut if we're ever going to get better. He's not big enough to play in 3-4 and if I were GM he would be ground into meat to feed the players who are actually worth a damn.

All Poz does is tackle people AFTER they've crossed the line of scrimmage. He reminds me of London Fletcher. Although Fletcher was basically an alternate on every pro bowl team for the last 10+ years, made SI's All-Decade 2000s team, is a tackling machine who never gets hurt, he sucks and we're better off without him. I would also have Poz ground into meat but Jasper doesn't like Polish sausage.

Never been that impressed with the Poz, to me he's London Fletcher- if London Fletcher got injured a lot, Bill fans couldn't wait to get rid of London Fletcher so I really don't understand POZ love- that being said it's not like the Bills have been anywhere near a salary cap lately or that we have an obvious candidate for someone better to replace Poz nor is it likely that we need extra money because we are going to make a huge splash in free agency- so sign Poz if he doesn't ask for the ridiculous,don't try to low ball him.

I seem to recall Fletcher being missed afterward. It would be a mistake to let Poz go now. He is now entering his prime. Of course I also think we should resign Whitner, so what do I know?

Poz brings a four year veteran presence, great team leadership, and all out hustle on every play. Good reasons to re-sign him.

What he doesn't bring is starting NFL MLB ability, unfortunately. Over pursues too much, takes bad angles too often, can't shed blocks consistently, and is woeful in pass coverage. He shows the same liabilities regardless of the fronts he plays in. Good reasons not to spend much to re-sign him.

I think the Bills drafted his replacement in Kelvin Sheppard. I can see the Bills keeping Poz as a mentor until Sheppard is ready but then Andra Davis may be more suited for that role.

If Poz gets a decent offer from another team I can also see the Bills wishing him well in his new surroundings.

GO BILLS!!!

This all depends on how the Bills D is going to work. Poz is absolutely NOT a good 3-4 LB, too small and while he makes a lot of tackles they are all down field. He was decent as 4-3 MLB, so if wannstedt uses a heavy portion of that then maybe it is worth keeping him.

I know a lot of people like POZ, but he is very overrated. He is smart, but not athletic, downright slow for an NFL LB. He is a consistent tackler, but when they are all down field that just leads to first down after first down. Plus he can't stay healthy.

If we can get him on the cheap, sure why not...But a combo of Sheppard and Davis sounds better to me in the middle right now, despite the fact that Sheppard has never played an NFL game.

Poz brings a four year veteran presence, great team leadership, and all out hustle on every play. Good reasons to re-sign him.

What he doesn't bring is starting NFL MLB ability, unfortunately. Over pursues too much, takes bad angles too often, can't shed blocks consistently, and is woeful in pass coverage. He shows the same liabilities regardless of the fronts he plays in. Good reasons not to spend much to re-sign him.

I think the Bills drafted his replacement in Kelvin Sheppard. I can see the Bills keeping Poz as a mentor until Sheppard is ready but then Andra Davis may be more suited for that role.

If Poz gets a decent offer from another team I can also see the Bills wishing him well in his new surroundings.

GO BILLS!!!

+1, agree 100%