5 Horrible Bills

Who do you guys think had the worst seasons last year?

I cannot stand kelsay, go watch his lowlight reel.

Stroud is easy choice for number 2.

Reggie corner is my number 3. I dont understand why he is still on the team. His man coverage is horrible in the slot.

Maybin is my number 4. Watching him get sacks in the preseason got me excited but that quickly went away.

I still have my fingers crossed for him.

5 is torbor. What a joke. I think we should have played a 5-2 defense so he and kelsay didnt

Have to see the field.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybin has to be number one. he looks like michael jordan trying to hit a curveball.

kelsay is awful in the 3-4, not so awful in the 4-3.

stroud was awful.

torbor was slow and pretty close to awful. bad might be a better term.

i agree on corner. he really can't cover in the slot and that is supposed to be his forte.

ayodele is very torbor-esque in terms of slowness, but he can tackle when they run into his small box of range.

cordero howard is an atrocious right tackle. you might add him over torbor. hard to say.

good thing is that all those guys, save kelsay, might be gone by september assuming there is a season.

1. / 2. / 3. / 4. / 5. -Maybin. He is a man without a position, he really doesn't fit anywhere in the NFL. I cannot see why we prop him up when he has already flopped at 5 or more specific positions (Including Special teams).

anytime i want to determine which posters to ignore i just look for the kelsay hatred

Just so I know I read that correctly....you ignore posters that hate on Kelsey? If so, why so? Do you think he is not worthy of criticism?

1. / 2. / 3. / 4. / 5. -Maybin. He is a man without a position, he really doesn't fit anywhere in the NFL. I cannot see why we prop him up when he has already flopped at 5 or more specific positions (Including Special teams).

What are the 5+ positions he flopped at? Just curious, I thought it was only DE and OLB.

1.Cornell Green. Waste of money. Did absolutely nothing for a guy who was a veteran presence. Howard & Wrotto were far better.

2.Aaron Maybin. Too obvious, I still hope he can contribute in any aspect of the game, but I'm not depending on it.

3.Marcus Stroud. To be fair he was playing in a 3-4 scheme when he's played his entire career in a 4-3. Still it's obvious that his best years are behind him.

4.Shawn Nelson. Injuries hindered him, but he really must step up his game at a position that is practically non-existent for the Bills.

5.Andra Davis. Getting injured early on didn't help, but for a player with 3-4 experience he did nothing to impress. I'd rather have Ayodele, he may not be the most exciting player, but at least he made plays.

3.Marcus Stroud. To be fair he was playing in a 3-4 scheme when he's played his entire career in a 4-3. Still it's obvious that his best years are behind him.

4.Shawn Nelson. Injuries hindered him, but he really must step up his game at a position that is practically non-existent for the Bills.

Wasn't Stroud already let go or his contract expire? I thought he was off the team

Nelson I thought could develop into another Keith McKellar. Potentially. We'll see

Reggie corner is my number 3. I dont understand why he is still on the team. His man coverage is horrible in the slot.

Maybin is my number 4. Watching him get sacks in the preseason got me excited but that quickly went away.

5 is torbor. What a joke. I think we should have played a 5-2 defense so he and kelsay didnt

Have to see the field.

I got to go with Maybin as the #1 non-producer last year. Couldnot even contribute on special teams. I agree Kelsay was a bust as a 3-4 LB, but I blame the coaches for playing him there and the front office for resigning him to a big contract when they knew the Bills were moving to a 3-4.

Green was a waste of money and of no help. Nelson was hurt so I'll pass on him.

How about CJ Spiller for being far below expectations. Granted he had a couple of highlight reel TDs, but he was so far below what was expected, I'd add him to the list. He has time to show his worth. Trent Edwards was as big a bust as anyone, given that he was awarded the starting job (did not earn it) and was cut early in the season -- he could be #2.

Have to see the field.

The think the following five Bills had very good seasons:

1 - Kyle Williams

2 - Andy Levitre

3 - Stevie Johnson

4- Ryan Fitzpatrick

5 - Roscoe Parish - (cut short by injury)

worst:

1. maybin

2. cornell green

3. Kelsay (His resigning still baffles and infuriates me every time i think of it) :wallbash:

4. spiller (im not ruling him out, but his season was a dissapointment)

5. Edwards (I'm embarrassed to be a former supporter of this goon)

6. Shaun Nelson

7. Jairus Byrd- can you say sophomore slump? He literally did almost nothing for 90% of the season.

best:

1. Mcintyre- got caught rubbing one out

2. Kyle the Smile Williams

3. Stevie Johnson

4. Wood + Levitre

5. moats

1 - Kyle Williams

2 - Andy Levitre

3 - Stevie Johnson

4- Ryan Fitzpatrick

I might add Rian Lindell to this list. He didn't get as many opportunities as most teams kickers, but he has been a consistent force for the Bills.

1 - Kyle Williams

2 - Andy Levitre

3 - Stevie Johnson

4- Ryan Fitzpatrick

True but sad. The talent level on the team is depressingly bad. :(

Have to see the field.

Last years worst performers: My list is based on expectations for each player and how they performed in relation to those expectations.

1. Trent Edwards - Easily the top of this list. His performance was pathetic, and he was the QB, enough said.

2. Aaron Maybin - There is more insight into his season with the death of his infant son, which is beyond tragic, and my sympathy goes out to him. However, the fact he could not even get on the field on a team hurting at LB is beyond dissapointing. I still hold out hope that this year with a clear head, a year under his belt in the system, and Merriman tutoring him that he can find a way to contribute as part of the regular rotation, or even become an impact starter. Long shot it is, but the kid had some pretty big challenges in his first two years with the hold out and being too small for DE his rookie year, then the death of his infant son to start the second season.

3. Jairus Byrd - This kid was not the worst player, but his sophomore season was a far cry from his rookie year. He did not show the same ball skills and was more a liability in coverage than a INT threat. Based on what he did as a rookie, his second season was a major disappointment. I didn't expect the same INT total, but I did expect him to be good in coverage and a factor in the passing game, which he was not.

4. CJ Spiller - This kid was the most electrifying player in preseason leading the NFL in yards and scores despite missing part of camp and the first preseason game. It wasn't just that he produced either, it was how he produced with the electrifying plays that really set the bar high. Then we all know what happened when the reg season came. Part of it was he couldnt get on the field enough as coaches decided to roll with Lynch early and then FJ the rest of the year due in large part to the liability Spiller was in the passing game and how often we passed. Based on being the #9 pick, lighting up preseason, and even being tabbed the starter week 1 due to circumstances, his season was a real let down. I am still very high on this kid, an no he was not the worst player last year, but again, but my list is more about the worst performance based on what was expected from each one.

5. Shaun Nelson - Here is a guy that should fit perfectly into what Gailey does. Gailey doesn't use TE's traditionally, and even rolled with WR's at TE most of the year. And Nelson is essentially a WR who plays TE...this guy should have been a weapon last year we could have used, yet he really dissapointed. His suspension and inability to get on the field was a big let down to the potential this kid had in this offense.

Honorable Mention: Cornell Green - Probably had the worst season of any Bill, but I did not expect him to be good in the first place, so wasn't much of a surprise to me. These guys above had much higher expectations and failed almost as bad, so that's the only reason I left Green off. But mark my words, Green is absolutely terrible, at least last year he was.

There were worse players on this team, but they also did not have lofty expectations either and were not expected to be much worse than they were. These were the bigger disappointments IMO and these guys (that are still on the team) need to step up this year.

Edited by Alphadawg7