5 Horrible Bills

Great post concept; I'd like to single out our 3 Tight Ends: Stupar 12-111yds 0tds, Campbell 4-43yds 1td& Nelson 3-25 1td. this unit was dead last in the NFL 18 receptions for 179yds 2tds all season is criminal.

Looking at the official NFL site they have our TE's as Stupar 12-111yds 0tds, Martin 4-43yds 1td, Nelson 3-25yds 0tds, and Chandler 1-8yds 0tds... tally up their numbers and it reads just as bad 23-187yds 1td. That IS criminal!

Now taking a look at Jason Witten's stats, you see how important the TE position is. If you look at JUST weeks 14 & 15, his stats are 17-209yds 3tds. Lol... now I don't think Witten is THAT much better than the TE's we have, but it does show that if you have a gameplan and utilize the position, it can be a HUGE asset!!

Make it so Chan!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post concept; I'd like to single out our 3 Tight Ends: Stupar 12-111yds 0tds, Campbell 4-43yds 1td& Nelson 3-25 1td. this unit was dead last in the NFL 18 receptions for 179yds 2tds all season is criminal.

And don't forget Stupar wiped out Lee Evans ankle!

1) Trent Edwards

2) Cornell Green

3) Maybin

4) Shawn Nelson

5) Kelsay (as LB)

i think the fact that he was cut after 2 reg season games hides how bad he really was. he should be on everybodies top(bottom?) 5 for the season.

True but sad. The talent level on the team is depressingly bad. :(

Please explain how these top 3 are a sign of poor talent?!

1. Kyle Willaims- Probowl

2. Andy Levitre- He was regarded as a good draft pick 2 yeara ago by the league. He played well last year, and the general concensus on him is that he continues to improve year after year, and is turning into a very solid NFL OL.

3. Stevie Johnson- Didnt he come close to some franchise records last year, and a top 15 reciever stats.

I will agree with the lack of talent on this teams roster, but I think identifying these 3 is a bit of a reach, and almost bitching about the franchise because it is what we have always done.

anytime i want to determine which posters to ignore i just look for the kelsay hatred

I will say this much, even though he sucks, at least he plays a ton of snaps. Consider that many defenses actually register 3 and outs from time to time, while Kelsay has probably been part of more 10+ play drives than any defensive player in the league the past 5 seasons. In fairness, his lack of skill is a key reason why those drives carry one, but still it wouldn't surprise me if he played twice as many snaps as some good defensive ends.

What a sad post.I feel real bad for you that you look at life from a dark place.

See you could have asked who were the 5 best.Then people could talk about their favorite bill and he would be happy and the rest of us would be happy

But no,you ask a dark hatefull depressing question like its what makes you feel good.

Not every playerr is a pro bowler.Some pro bowlers are not that good and some players have to try to excel with the weight of the death of a mother or a son like Maybin.

Take off those bad dark glasses the world can have a little sunlight in it if you let it.

What a sad post.I feel real bad for you that you look at life from a dark place.

See you could have asked who were the 5 best.Then people could talk about their favorite bill and he would be happy and the rest of us would be happy

But no,you ask a dark hatefull depressing question like its what makes you feel good.

Not every playerr is a pro bowler.Some pro bowlers are not that good and some players have to try to excel with the weight of the death of a mother or a son like Maybin.

Take off those bad dark glasses the world can have a little sunlight in it if you let it.

Why so serious?

Athens Thunder followed by Defend Greece?

Coincidence?

Who do you guys think had the worst seasons last year?

I cannot stand kelsay, go watch his lowlight reel.

Stroud is easy choice for number 2.

Reggie corner is my number 3. I dont understand why he is still on the team. His man coverage is horrible in the slot.

Maybin is my number 4. Watching him get sacks in the preseason got me excited but that quickly went away.

I still have my fingers crossed for him.

5 is torbor. What a joke. I think we should have played a 5-2 defense so he and kelsay didnt

Have to see the field.

If your intent is to name the 5 worst players from 2010, you failed miserably when you opened with Kelsay. I'm no fan of Kelsay's by any stretch of the imagination, but did you even watch the Bills in 2010? Once this team has players at DE and OLB that can take his job, we'll all be happy as it will mean the Bills are making progress., but there are more than 5 other Bills who deserved their jobs less than he.

Reggie corner is my number 3. I dont understand why he is still on the team. His man coverage is horrible in the slot.

Maybin is my number 4. Watching him get sacks in the preseason got me excited but that quickly went away.

5 is torbor. What a joke. I think we should have played a 5-2 defense so he and kelsay didnt

Have to see the field.

Maybin was the worst, guy didn't play. Kelsay wasn't that bad when they switched him back to DE, he is just miscast in our system, maybe we can trade him to Cleveland and so he can reunite with DJ and get a fith for him.

Agreed. Aaron Maybin will have a good season when the waterfront is bustling with cool little shops and restaurants, they scrap the Skyway and re-model the Peace Bridge.

0:)

Have to see the field.

5 Most Horrible Bills in 2010

1. Trent Edwards (looked decent in camp....chokesville come week one)

2. Cornell Green (are you kidding me? Worst FA acquisition ever?)

3. tie...Torbor/Ayodele (both consistently mediocre)

4. McKelvin (I was very disappointed in this one, as I had great expectations for him)

5. Stroud (nuff said...happy trails bro)

Honorable mention:

1. Aaron Maybin: didn't expect much from him

2. Chris Kelsay: he is not a 3-4 OLB, but picked it up when he played 4-3 DE

3. Brian Moorman: disappointing season

5 Most Horrible Bills in 2010

1. Trent Edwards (looked decent in camp....chokesville come week one)

2. Cornell Green (are you kidding me? Worst FA acquisition ever?)

3. tie...Torbor/Ayodele (both consistently mediocre)

4. McKelvin (I was very disappointed in this one, as I had great expectations for him)

5. Stroud (nuff said...happy trails bro)

Honorable mention:

1. Aaron Maybin: didn't expect much from him

2. Chris Kelsay: he is not a 3-4 OLB, but picked it up when he played 4-3 DE

3. Brian Moorman: disappointing season

Please. Moorman had an off year for him but to put him in the same ranking as Edwards, Green, Stroud and Maybin is not fair. Moorman is not going to get cut, these guys already have or soon will be (Maybin).

Please. Moorman had an off year for him but to put him in the same ranking as Edwards, Green, Stroud and Maybin is not fair. Moorman is not going to get cut, these guys already have or soon will be (Maybin).

I'm not saying that Brian Moorman was or is one of the worst five Bills players. The OP asked who people thought had the worst season last year. Sorry buddy, but Moorman was one of the players that came to mind for me. Just my perception.

the hate on kelsay is completely irrational

hes paid relatively cheaply for what he does. he produced pretty well for what they give him. hes a gem in the lockerroom. and he does whatever the team wants him to

so they tried an experiment at lb and failed. then he went back to a down lineman and was one of the better defenders they had the rest of the way

hes phil hansen on a team without bruce smith or any of the other stars that made phil who he was

its just a shame that phil goes up on the wall (prematurely and probably doesnt deserve it) and kelsay has the bear the hate of the fans just cuz he played when the team sucked ass

Last years worst performers: My list is based on expectations for each player and how they performed in relation to those expectations.

1. Trent Edwards - Easily the top of this list. His performance was pathetic, and he was the QB, enough said.

2. Aaron Maybin - There is more insight into his season with the death of his infant son, which is beyond tragic, and my sympathy goes out to him. However, the fact he could not even get on the field on a team hurting at LB is beyond dissapointing. I still hold out hope that this year with a clear head, a year under his belt in the system, and Merriman tutoring him that he can find a way to contribute as part of the regular rotation, or even become an impact starter. Long shot it is, but the kid had some pretty big challenges in his first two years with the hold out and being too small for DE his rookie year, then the death of his infant son to start the second season.

3. Jairus Byrd - This kid was not the worst player, but his sophomore season was a far cry from his rookie year. He did not show the same ball skills and was more a liability in coverage than a INT threat. Based on what he did as a rookie, his second season was a major disappointment. I didn't expect the same INT total, but I did expect him to be good in coverage and a factor in the passing game, which he was not.

4. CJ Spiller - This kid was the most electrifying player in preseason leading the NFL in yards and scores despite missing part of camp and the first preseason game. It wasn't just that he produced either, it was how he produced with the electrifying plays that really set the bar high. Then we all know what happened when the reg season came. Part of it was he couldnt get on the field enough as coaches decided to roll with Lynch early and then FJ the rest of the year due in large part to the liability Spiller was in the passing game and how often we passed. Based on being the #9 pick, lighting up preseason, and even being tabbed the starter week 1 due to circumstances, his season was a real let down. I am still very high on this kid, an no he was not the worst player last year, but again, but my list is more about the worst performance based on what was expected from each one.

5. Shaun Nelson - Here is a guy that should fit perfectly into what Gailey does. Gailey doesn't use TE's traditionally, and even rolled with WR's at TE most of the year. And Nelson is essentially a WR who plays TE...this guy should have been a weapon last year we could have used, yet he really dissapointed. His suspension and inability to get on the field was a big let down to the potential this kid had in this offense.

Honorable Mention: Cornell Green - Probably had the worst season of any Bill, but I did not expect him to be good in the first place, so wasn't much of a surprise to me. These guys above had much higher expectations and failed almost as bad, so that's the only reason I left Green off. But mark my words, Green is absolutely terrible, at least last year he was.

There were worse players on this team, but they also did not have lofty expectations either and were not expected to be much worse than they were. These were the bigger disappointments IMO and these guys (that are still on the team) need to step up this year.

:thumbsup: You obviously gave some thought to how these five played or did not live up to expectations! I almost stopped reading this because of all the Kelsay hate (is it because of the contract that none of us are paying?); Kelsay is not a linebacker but when he returned to the DE position he his play improved and he contributed to the team. He is a team leader who on a good team would be a role player worth having.

My only change in your list would be to put Green up in the number five spot ... yes, most of us assumed he would not be worth his pay but still he was being given the chance to be the 'old leader' with many of the younger guys talking about him as Gramps (someone they could depend on rather than being feeble enough to wear them). Nelson has that migraine issue that sadly will probably keep him from ever developing into a decent player. Because of his health issue I would not list him amongst the worse performers.

The good news on your list is that Byrd seemed to be playing better the last 3 or 4 games so maybe he has shaken the sophomore jinx and Gailey has had an entire off season to figure out how to use CJ and I expect he will be a weapon this year. And, yes sympathy and prayers for Maybin but I really don't think he'll ever have an impact but we can always hope.!

I'm not saying that Brian Moorman was or is one of the worst five Bills players. The OP asked who people thought had the worst season last year. Sorry buddy, but Moorman was one of the players that came to mind for me. Just my perception.

Understand the perception because there were a few times when we needed him to boom one and he did not. I recall he was frustrated by this as well.

Punting in Buffalo is difficult, as is punting in the AFCE. There were only 6 other punters with more attempts. Both of these factors will adversely effect a punting average from scrimmage.

If you look ONLY at punting average then yes, Moorman was near the bottom of the league. Then look at inside the 20, inside the 10, return yards, touchbacks, and fair cathces and he is ranked in the upper 25% in all categories. He still had great hang time, and there were no long returns or blocks on him.

Just about every veteran on our defense (except Kyle Williams and Drayton Florence) has a worse year than Moorman. Look at Spiller and Evans on offense and you can talk about underwhelming performances. Throw in Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, Cornell Green, and the entire cast of TE's.