Team Workouts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nelson adds that even the rookies will be there.

@DavidNelson86 @Bills_Chick Even rookies?

DavidNelson86 David Nelson

@Foul_Mouth_Baby yes

Don't know what to make of it. If true, this team is really coming together from a leadership stand point.

Thanks Astrobot.

Edited by Rockinon

i like it, but every team is doing stuff like this. whats that chris rock joke about paying child support and not getting arrested?

seriously though, it is a good thing, just dont act like we are getting a big jump on the league.

That's a great sign. Maybe playing for the Bills is no longer just about the paycheck.

Can't wait to see if Whitner reports.

When it's more than just for the paycheck then you know it means something. It's rare, but sometimes there comes a time when pride and loyalty tip the scale towards something amazing. I damn well hope we are seeing the tip of something here.

Edited by Pilsner

When it's more than just for the paycheck then you know it means something. It's rare, but sometimes there comes a time when pride and loyalty tip the scale towards something amazing. I damn well hope we are seeing the tip of something here.

David Nelson has done all the right things as a Buffalo Bill. I hope he can have a great career here. Johnson and Nelson have the right combination of speed and ability to be our starting WRs. I definitely see Lee Evans, our one trick pony, be phased out.

Four seasons ago, Trent Edwards started a similar team-building by inviting teammates such as Evans, Poz, etc to his home to relax and talk some football. Sadly, that did not materialize.

i like it, but every team is doing stuff like this. whats that chris rock joke about paying child support and not getting arrested?

seriously though, it is a good thing, just dont act like we are getting a big jump on the league.

I'll act any way I damned well please.

Don't know what to make of it. If true, this team is really coming together from a leadership stand point.

Well...We'll see...

These Workouts may or may not prove to mean a thing in the long-run...Only time will tell...And this Teams Offensive Leader has a Career 73 QB Rating...So I'm not going to count any Chickens yet... B-)

I wonder what happens if a player gets hurt during these unofficial work outs? These players don't even have health coverage through the league right now (excepting maybe COBRA.)

If they haven't continued their previous insurance (under COBRA law) or purchased other insurance, they're nuts.

I wonder what happens if a player gets hurt during these unofficial work outs? These players don't even have health coverage through the league right now (excepting maybe COBRA.)

I was thinking the same thing. I know a lot of these rookies are going to want to get involved quickly, but my guess is their agents are strongly advising against it.

I'll act any way I damned well please.

:thumbsup:

If they are smart they know that the best way to AVOID injury is to make sure you are working out in the offseason.......

Its when players take long layoffs then get put into NFL type collisions that the injuries happen because theya are not used to the stress

Most of these guys have agents, even rookies who will make sure they're insured against injury.

This is awesome news! Yes, it's what we think they "should" be doing. But there are plenty of players from other teams that arent making their workouts. And no one is forcing these guys to meet up. It's good to see the players actually wanting to play football.