Team Workouts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are smart they know that the best way to AVOID injury is to make sure you are working out in the offseason.......

Its when players take long layoffs then get put into NFL type collisions that the injuries happen because theya are not used to the stress

But there's a major difference between injured with a contract and injured without a contract. I'm sure they won't be doing anything at the OTA level where much contact happens, but these guys need to be careful. Now, more than ever, we should know that this game is a business. Looking at it from that standpoint, any unsigned player (especially the rookies who have yet to make a single cent off of their talent) should be a bit concerned.

But there's a major difference between injured with a contract and injured without a contract. I'm sure they won't be doing anything at the OTA level where much contact happens, but these guys need to be careful. Now, more than ever, we should know that this game is a business. Looking at it from that standpoint, any unsigned player (especially the rookies who have yet to make a single cent off of their talent) should be a bit concerned.

I can almost GUARANTEE that there will be little to no contact at these practices, and it will be more about learning schemes and playbooks, and conditioning.

Especially on the defensive side, and coincidentally, most of our picks are on the defensive side.

That's nice. But really, how beneficial can it really be from a football standpoint? Sure it's great for a team building perspective. But they won't be practicing tackling. I'm sure Dave W has ideas on what the D will do that they don't even know about yet. Coach Gailey will not be there to put in HIS offense. So what will they be doing exactly?

I'm not trying to be negative, just making an observation.

You go guys.

Go BILLS !!

Well...We'll see...

These Workouts may or may not prove to mean a thing in the long-run...Only time will tell...And this Teams Offensive Leader has a Career 73 QB Rating...So I'm not going to count any Chickens yet... B-)

A wait and see mindset is the right one or as I say "keep and open mind." The following numbers are Eli Mannings's first four years in the NFL. Year, starts and rating. He was neck and neck with JP Losman for much of this time. Being a #1, #1 pick probably bought him some extra time to get it. The light does come on for many QBs between their 30th and 50th starts. Let's hope that 2010 was the start of Fitzpatrick's emergence. It has happened where an NFL team got lucky and had a great QB come out of nowhere. The Bills are overdue for some luck.

2004.......... 7 ..... 55.4

2005.......... 16 ..... 75.9

2006.......... 16 ..... 77.0

2007.......... 16 ..... 73.9*

* The Giants Super Bowl year.

That's nice. But really, how beneficial can it really be from a football standpoint? Sure it's great for a team building perspective. But they won't be practicing tackling. I'm sure Dave W has ideas on what the D will do that they don't even know about yet. Coach Gailey will not be there to put in HIS offense. So what will they be doing exactly?

You go guys.

Go BILLS !!

In the grand scheme of things, these player workouts are simply a way to build team chemistry and stay in shape. Its nice for the offensive skill players to bond together like this, but ultimately it may just be as big a waste of time as this message board.

You go guys.

Go BILLS !!

Actually, Gailey installed his offense last year.

You go guys.

Go BILLS !!

In the grand scheme of things, these player workouts are simply a way to build team chemistry and stay in shape. Its nice for the offensive skill players to bond together like this, but ultimately it may just be as big a waste of time as this message board.

Also, dont discount working on timing between the QB and Receivers. The more reps they have running timing routes and working together to build chemistry and get on the same page, the better.

Fitz already knows a good portion of Gailey's offense. Even if it's set to change a bit this year, these workouts are not a bad thing and only serve to help. How much they help is definitely debatable, but it's all positive.

You go guys.

Go BILLS !!

Oh, an observation? Well who are you man, Isaac F'n Newton? So I'm bl.... :oops: wrong thread. Sorry.

You go guys.

Go BILLS !!

There are certain things that are just football. At this level, there are a lot of little things that the fans dont/wont know, but for the most part, lining up and running a post pattern is something every team does. Every team plays man and zone coverage, so the D can work on that. Linemen block, stuff the run, and rush the passer. They can work on those things. Technique is going to be a lot of what is done. You are right about the things that Dave W is going to want them to do, but that is a lot of real specific stuff, these "Team Workouts" led by players are going to focus a lot on the general aspects of football.

Since many TBD posters are convinced Fitz just doesn't have the stones to lead the Bills, I assume these workouts were organized by Cam Newton....?

I think a lot of posters here believe that Fitz has the qualities to lead this team. The problem with that is he doesn't have the qualities to lead this team to many victories.

I think a lot of posters here believe that Fitz has the qualities to lead this team. The problem with that is he doesn't have the qualities to lead this team to many victories.

We'll see. I expect a few more Ws in the win column this year. More than the general consensus around here anyway.

Since many TBD posters are convinced Fitz just doesn't have the stones to lead the Bills, I assume these workouts were organized by Cam Newton....?

if cam was selected by the bills it would be no way his responsibility to run these, so i suppose i dont know what your point is.

Am I crazy to think that JP wouldn't be a bad choice to bring back for one of the back-up spots? I mean, it's slim pickings for QB FAs this year and you've gotta think drafting a QB is still high on this teams priorities in the coming years.

He's gotta realize by now he's a backup at best. By giving Fitz the job, you can't bring in vets that think they have a chance to unseat him in camp. Kind of a wierd position to be in.