Team Workouts

Thanks for the link. But almost all of the Times Union articles like that about the Bills are written by our very own jw.

That may be so, but it is still the most information we have gotten on this subject up to now. It's not like we are diving into hard core research or anything. Sheesh.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be so, but it is still the most information we have gotten on this subject up to now. It's not like we are diving into hard core research or anything. Sheesh.

Oh, I know. I thanked you for the link and meant it. I just wanted to let people know who didnt that all of those Times Union articles are syndicated AP articles and usually written by Wawrow.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I'm glad they are working out, but if they are so hyped about working out now, then why is it every year they complain that the teams have too many work outs? The NFLPA is always investigating some coach who is making the voluntary work outs more or less mandatory. I think it's just another PR driven load of cow dung encouraged by the NFLPA to get public opinion on their side. You know..."The player want to play but the owners won't let them".

I hope the Bills players get something out of it,I really do, but without structured coaching I highly doubt it.

I'm glad they are working out, but if they are so hyped about working out now, then why is it every year they complain that the teams have too many work outs? The NFLPA is always investigating some coach who is making the voluntary work outs more or less mandatory. I think it's just another PR driven load of cow dung encouraged by the NFLPA to get public opinion on their side. You know..."The player want to play but the owners won't let them".

I hope the Bills players get something out of it,I really do, but without structured coaching I highly doubt it.

Getting everyone united and on the same page is important, especially for a young football team like the Buffalo Bills. So any time spent together will help team chemistry in my opinion.

Exactly its posturing PR for the players to be holding these workouts. They hated these workouts for so many years, now they are suddenly doing them on their own?

Not every team is doing this. The veteran Bills players organized this because they are concerned that this litigation stuff could drag, leaving them with little time to prepare for the season. They say so themselves. They just need to be prepared.

I really don't think this has anything to do with PR.

Edited by Rockinon

Aj Williams and cordaro Howard tweeted they will be there...

As did Maybin:

AaronMaybin58 Ridin back up 2 Blo for team workouts tomorro. Excited 2 see my fam again & start buildin 2gether 4 this season #bills

Not sure about AJ though:

ajwilliams04 Dang I wish I was going to buffalo to workout with my teammates and chill with them!! about 3 hours ago via Echofon

WGRZ w/ Video

Not every team is doing this. The veteran Bills players organized this because they are concerned that this litigation stuff could drag, leaving them with little time to prepare for the season. They say so themselves. They just need to be prepared.

I really don't think this has anything to do with PR.

off the top of my head the lions, jags, saints, giants, colts, bears, pats , jets, phins are having these workouts. I imagine if you looked you find nearly every team doing this. Again, the Bills players are doing nothing special.

So who is going to Sahlens Sports Park in West Seneca tomorrow and the rest of the week to give Player Organized Workouts reports?

off the top of my head the lions, jags, saints, giants, colts, bears, pats , jets, phins are having these workouts. I imagine if you looked you find nearly every team doing this. Again, the Bills players are doing nothing special.

Yea, your starting to sound like a broken record. This is a message board that focuses on the Buffalo Bills................in case you haven't noticed.

Here is some more on the workouts. Kelsay speaks to a reporter as he gets off a plane at the Buffalo airport.

Linky

Here is some more on the workouts. Kelsay speaks to a reporter as he gets off a plane at the Buffalo airport.

Linky

Who is the moronic reporter? Kelsay (paraphrasing): "It's so we can get together, come together as a team." Reporter: "So I imagine this helps you come together as a team?"

Who is the moronic reporter? Kelsay (paraphrasing): "It's so we can get together, come together as a team." Reporter: "So I imagine this helps you come together as a team?"

Yea, I caught that too. In fact, I wasn't even going to post it but broken record made me do it.

A list of who has attended so far.

QBs

Fitzpatrick

Levi Brown

Brian Brohm

running backs

Jackson

Corey McIntyre

receivers

Lee Evans

David Nelson

Naaman Roosevelt

Paul Hubbard

Felton Huggins

offensive linemen

Geoff Hangartner

Andy Levitre

Demetrius Bell

Cordaro Howard

Kraig Urbik

defensive linemen

Dwan Edwards

Torell Troup

Alex Carrington

linebackers

Chris Kelsay

Reggie Torbor

Aaron Maybin

rookie Kelvin Sheppard

Arthur Moats

Antonio Coleman

Danny Batten

defensive backs

Leodis McKelvin

Jairus Byrd

George Wilson

Bryan Scott

rookie Da'Norris Searcy

long-snapper

Garrison Sanborn.

That's 31 Bills total. Some undrafted rookies were there too. West Seneca natives and Maine products Jeremy Kelly and Desmond Randall and Sacred Heart linebacker Bill O'Brien were also there.

Some pieces from the Buffalo News Blog, by Mark Gaughan:

The session was organized by Jon Corto, Fred Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andra Davis and George Wilson, and the players will be working out together through Thursday. The session lasted about two hours. The players did some conditioning drills on the field and some footwork drills. The they broke up into two groups - big guys and little guys. One group hit the weight room while the other did more on-field conditioning. Then the two groups reversed roles. Most of the players did some walk-through-type plays at the end of the session.

"I’m definitely excited just to see all the guys that came in today," Wilson said. "It’s very encouraging. You see how hungry guys are and eager to get back to work. Guys spend their own money to get here. Some guys who don’t have their own places are staying with other guys or are paying their own hotel bills. So that shows the willingness and want-to to get back into the groove of things. We’re now almost two months into what our normal offseason would be.

Edited by Rockinon

Twitter rumors say Maybin showed up looking like a WR:

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/report-aaron-maybin-drops-weight-looks-more-like-wide-receiver/#.TdrrQuYsPNs

Of course, without a source I take it all with a grain of salt. Seems strange to say "when he recently showed up" - recently, like, this morning?

I'm just happy to hear so many guys were there, building a little chemistry, getting some work done!

Edited by Heitz