Team Workouts

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but a little perspective will keep this board more informative on the BILLS. I think fans should be able to visit this board and gain an understanding of where the team is at in its development, as well as learn the latest news.

When a poster posts something that is off base, we should owe it to our fellow fans to correct the oversight. You had posted very few teams do this, i noted that's not the case. I dont think it would be fair to the uninformed fan to read this thread and think the Bills are gaining an upper hand.

BUT Its great that we have all the latest news about the team workouts. Lets keep it coming.

go bills.

What a great quote from Fitzpatrick:

Asked his first impression of Dareus, Fitzpatrick saw offensive linemen Geoff Hangartner and Kraig Urbik within earshot and cracked: "I just want to say good luck to Eric Wood and Geoff Hangartner and Kraig Urbik and Andy Levitre."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, it's good to see. It's not like they won't get anything out of it. At the very least, they can discuss the playbook, which according to Chris Brown the team didn't get a chance to pass out before the lockout. Apparently, they were planning a meeting with the rookies within a couple of days of the draft but never got the chance.

1. Does anybody know if the veteran players who are already under contract for the next season get to keep their playbooks during the offseason? Or are they required to turn them in? I don't know how strictly the Bills control access to their playbooks.

2. The Phish coaches also did not send out playbooks to their players during the brief window when the lockout was lifted and teams had the opportunity to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/03/sparano-says-dolphins-didnt-distribute-playbooks/

3. The 49ers distributed a playbook at least to their veteran QB (even though he is an unsigned free agent):

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/playbook-in-han.html

4. I'm glad to see the team working out together - - it's got to be a good thing. But if we're trying to figure out whether it's giving us a competitive advantage, I would want to know which teams sent out playbooks during the window of opportunity and which ones didn't. Having a smart QB like Fitz and expecting only fine-tuning of the offense may soften the impact, but I'd sure feel better if our players had a playbook to use at their informal workouts.

5. Obviously, any teams planning to install new systems would have a greater need to distribute playbooks early as compared to teams that are simply planning to do some fine-tuning. FWIW, this article says there are going to be 23 new "coordinators" in the NFL this season (assuming there is a season):

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81fad5b6/printable/rookies-getting-playbooks-without-coaching-is-not-much-help

anything on the whereabouts of Wood or Spiller? These guys could use some extra reps, even if just to pick the brain of the vets.

Eric Wood is quietly pumping iron so he'll be ready to welcome Micheal Jasper to the NFL with a pancake block. CJ is busy running at workout levels that are far more intense than he would otherwise get at a team workout.

Note: This information is 100% pure speculation and can not be verified by any media source. But that's what they are doing. :thumbsup:

@ICanSleepWhenI'mDead,

I really don't know what the Bill's policy is on playbooks(whether veterans are still in possession or not). I do know that the rookies have made comments about getting familiar with the Bills system and are discussing with veteran players what will be expected of them.

Edited by Rockinon

Eric Wood is quietly pumping iron so he'll be ready to welcome Micheal Jasper to the NFL with a pancake block. CJ is busy running at workout levels that are far more intense than he would otherwise get at a team workout.

Note: This information is 100% pure speculation and can not be verified by any media source. But that's what they are doing. :thumbsup:

@ICanSleepWhenI'mDead,

I really don't know what the Bill's policy is on playbooks(whether veterans are still in possession or not). I do know that the rookies have made comments about getting familiar with the Bills system and are discussing with veteran players what will be expected of them.

haha. well played