Still no love...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills will be a surprise team and get to 9 wins this year. They have a good mix of veterans at key positions, have just added a good wealth of talent on defense, finally have good coaching, and they seem like they have developed a close "team" attitude. The fans and "experts" may not seem to have noticed this, but I'll bet the players and coaches on the other NFL teams have.

As much as I have loved this team since day 1, game 1, until they do something in the win/loss column to merit a higher ranking, I can't argue a whole lot with this. IF they start winning some games this season, you will see the weekly power rankings reflect that.

Unless the NFL decided to start awarding playoff spots based on poll rankings, what's the difference? Respect from other fans and sportswriters comes with W's, not post-draft grades from Mel Kiper.

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results

Experts have us at 28, fans at 31. It does get annoying when you truly know your team will be better than that, especially since we probably got at least 2 or 3 legitimate impact players from our draft. I'd put us somewhere between 24-20, not playoffs yet, but getting there.

Every team thinks they probably got those guys. There are very few teams I can confidently say we are better than. When you actually list teams it's not as crazy as it sounds just hearing 29.

I'm sure we won't be terrible, probably a few slots higher than we are in that ranking but..... The difference between 29 and 24 is a few bounces of the ball.

Since when have we proven that we deserve to be higher? Until we start winning and those "impact guys" we got in the draft start to make an impact, no one will ever take the Bills seriously.

This. When you show me the team that thinks they got worse in the draft, the original post will be relevant.

There is no way to know that we got better until our draftees actually start playing. The Bills have no track record of success when it comes to this. I seem to remember having this conversation each year after the draft. They need to prove something.

I'm kind of surprised we are ranked below the Bengals in both polls seeing as we had just as many wins as them and beat them at their place and I think the fans should have voted us ahead of Arizona and Denver but ultimately I don't think that's showing a lot of disrespect towards us. Until we start winning more, this is about where we deserve to be. If anything I think they have the Lions a little too high. They looked better last year but until they start winning some more games and becoming a true playoff contender they shouldn't be ranked that far ahead of us.

Edited by Talley56

It also doesn't help that (in the expert's opinion) the Bills are in the same division with 2 of the top 4 teams in the NFL. That in itself probably drops us a few spots in the eyes of the experts. If we were in an easier division, I could see the Bills ranked about 20-25.

Experts have us at 28, fans at 31. It does get annoying when you truly know your team will be better than that, especially since we probably got at least 2 or 3 legitimate impact players from our draft. I'd put us somewhere between 24-20, not playoffs yet, but getting there.

They drafted 3rd base on their past record. Why does 28 and 31 sound wrong? Speculating on our draft is not proof of anything.

What have they done to show otherwise?

I'm gonna bet you didn't think we weren't 30th going into last season, did you.

There haven't been any games played since last year and the only players added are draft picks. What did you expect? This is still a 4-12 team.