Still no love...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need only remember what they did after last year's bye week....

Eight quality games…

Ravens, Chiefs, Bears, Lions, Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Dolphins

Two bad games…

Vikings, Patriots

and one glorified exhibition game…

Jets

This is a team with veterans at key positions who won't have to relearn a new system, who have a QB who won't be coming in cold off the bench but will have an entire training camp with the first team and to be ready week 1 against the Chiefs. Also, with the addition of Wannstedt as a defensive coach and Dareus who will help greatly at stopping the run, this team is poised to be one of the "surprise" teams in 2011. I think they've got a real NFL team brewing here.

Agreed 100% brotha, they seem to be on the right track. Now its just up to the players and coaches to start executing. Looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:

(Still don't expect them ranked very high in anyone's "power rankings", but who cares?!?)

Hmmmmm....can you please get your facts straight before you post? ...or maybe math isn't your strong point, which if that's the case then I'd suggest that you get out of the stats business that you love to selectively wallow in.

He started 10 games after the bye week, not 9. He had a 80 QB rating in those 10 games after the bye week, not 70. He had 16 TDs after the bye, not 12.

Ok, lets talk about the Kansas City game...

…a game where Fitzpatrick led the offense to 23 first downs

…a game where our defense got run on on to the tune of 274 yards

…a game where Fitzpatrick was asked to throw the ball 48 times

…a game where Fitzpatrick rushed for 43 yards

…a game where Fitzpatrick led the Bills' offense to a game tying TD pass drive, on the road, in one of the hardest places to play in the NFL

What, you're angry that Fitzpatrick wasn't Superman that day? To rip Fitzpatrick's performance that day, which you continue to do over and over again, is to tell everyone that you know nothing about football.

First, you are correct about the bye week, I mistakenly calculated after the Balt game (as so many usually talk about the games after Balt since that was the game everyone jumped on his band wagon) but the bye week was before the Balt game not after. My mistake.

However, my math is not wrong over those games I talked about. In his final 9 games after the Balt game, he had 12 TD's, 16 turnovers, completed 56% of his passes, and had a QB rating of 70. All you have proven is how one game (Balt) skews his numbers to look better overall when the MAJORITY his numbers were below average or just bad in just about every other week.

Second, stop with the KC game, it was literally one of his worst games as a Bill. The fact you are trying to say it wasn't proves you either have no idea what you are talking about with that game, don't remember the game, did not watch the game, or just going to say anything to boost up Fitz no matter how bad it is.

Fitz was all over the place in that game. He had three gimme INT's dropped, 2 of which should have been pick sixes. I dont mean some tipped pass or difficult to catch INT...I mean three med to short passes straight into the hands and chest of the defender no where close to the receiver that they literally dropped...passes my girl would have caught. That game should have been a blow out by KC but they kept shooting themselves in the foot with missed opportunity after opportunity on offense and defense.

Fitz had ONE good drive, and one good drive does not make a good game. In fact, after the one good drive to tie the game, he went on to complete just 33% of his passes, with an INT, and missed wide open Spiller to win the game. The only reason we went to OT was because he missed an open Lee by a mile for a first down in FG with over a minute on the clock for an awful INT. He had several chances to redeem himself in OT, yet kept missing open receivers, including a game winning TD to a wide open Spiller when he had the time to throw too. If you think this was a good game for him, then you have no business on any level discussing the play of any QB, sorry.

I remember the Steelers game. I was in a sports bar in Southern California watching it with a bunch of loud Steelers fans. There were cocky at first, but as the game went on they grew quiet. You could hear a pin drop in the place. LOL. yes we lost but i know there will more of these games in 2011. So looking forward to the start of the season.

Agreed 100% brotha, they seem to be on the right track. Now its just up to the players and coaches to start executing. Looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:

(Still don't expect them ranked very high in anyone's "power rankings", but who cares?!?)

In the NFL, power rankings are foolish once you get past 11 or 12 because IMO there's not much difference between the mid to back-of-the-pack teams. Actually, NFL power rankings are pointless to begin with...LOL

In the NFL, power rankings are foolish once you get past 11 or 12 because IMO there's not much difference between the mid to back-of-the-pack teams. Actually, NFL power rankings are pointless to begin with...LOL

Agreed, power rankings are foolish, but not once you get past 11 or 12, more like once you get past 1 or 2. The Bills were ranked something like #5 when we were 4-0 after barely beating 4 bad teams, needing comebacks in 3 of them. How foolish was that ranking considering how we finished that season. This is why I don't get why people care so much about stupid power rankings. GB was not in the top 5 for a majority of the year and not even in the top 10 for parts of last year, yet once they were in the playoffs they were dominant.

First, you are correct about the bye week, I mistakenly calculated after the Balt game (as so many usually talk about the games after Balt since that was the game everyone jumped on his band wagon) but the bye week was before the Balt game not after. My mistake.

However, my math is not wrong over those games I talked about. In his final 9 games after the Balt game, he had 12 TD's, 16 turnovers, completed 56% of his passes, and had a QB rating of 70. All you have proven is how one game (Balt) skews his numbers to look better overall when the MAJORITY his numbers were below average or just bad in just about every other week.

Second, stop with the KC game, it was literally one of his worst games as a Bill. The fact you are trying to say it wasn't proves you either have no idea what you are talking about with that game, don't remember the game, did not watch the game, or just going to say anything to boost up Fitz no matter how bad it is.

Fitz was all over the place in that game. He had three gimme INT's dropped, 2 of which should have been pick sixes. I dont mean some tipped pass or difficult to catch INT...I mean three med to short passes straight into the hands and chest of the defender no where close to the receiver that they literally dropped...passes my girl would have caught. That game should have been a blow out by KC but they kept shooting themselves in the foot with missed opportunity after opportunity on offense and defense.

Fitz had ONE good drive, and one good drive does not make a good game. In fact, after the one good drive to tie the game, he went on to complete just 33% of his passes, with an INT, and missed wide open Spiller to win the game. The only reason we went to OT was because he missed an open Lee by a mile for a first down in FG with over a minute on the clock for an awful INT. He had several chances to redeem himself in OT, yet kept missing open receivers, including a game winning TD to a wide open Spiller when he had the time to throw too. If you think this was a good game for him, then you have no business on any level discussing the play of any QB, sorry.

Are you on crack? Don't be mad because I smacked down this moronic notion of yours that Fitzpatrick had a horrible game in Kansas City. He didn't, in fact he was one of the only guys on the Bills keeping them in that game. A game which went into overtime in one of the hardest places to play. I give Fitzpatrick a solid B+ considering the circumstances of the non-existent run defense and offense.

You are so ridiculous, it's amazing that I'm the only one calling you out on this.

Agreed, power rankings are foolish, but not once you get past 11 or 12, more like once you get past 1 or 2. The Bills were ranked something like #5 when we were 4-0 after barely beating 4 bad teams, needing comebacks in 3 of them. How foolish was that ranking considering how we finished that season. This is why I don't get why people care so much about stupid power rankings. GB was not in the top 5 for a majority of the year and not even in the top 10 for parts of last year, yet once they were in the playoffs they were dominant.

The only purpose they serve is to get hits on websites from fans being ticked off at where their team was ranked...LOL

Are you on crack? Don't be mad because I smacked down this moronic notion of yours that Fitzpatrick had a horrible game in Kansas City. He didn't, in fact he was one of the only guys on the Bills keeping them in that game. A game which went into overtime in one of the hardest places to play. I give Fitzpatrick a solid B+ considering the circumstances of the non-existent run defense and offense.

You are so ridiculous, it's amazing that I'm the only one calling you out on this.

The only purpose they serve is to get hits on websites from fans being ticked off at where their team was ranked...LOL

You are the only one because there is no logical argument for the KC game being a "good" game for Fitz. Look, I get you love Fitz, and theres nothing wrong with that, but when you start trying to talk up one of his worst games where his mistakes literally lost us the game, then I can't have a logical discussion with you anymore.

He threw an INT when he missed a wide open Lee in regulation in FG range with over a minute left in the game. We should have won the game right there, or at least had a chance to win assuming we make the FG which would have been shorter than the OT one. Then he goes on to miss several open recievers in OT on multiple drives, but none bigger than the wide open Spiller in the endzone to again win the game.

KC is the only reason we were in that game. 3 dropped INT's, including 2 which would have been pick sixes making the game a blow out...failed offensive opportunities with mistakes after abusing our D all the way down the field over and over again, and dumb penalties by them are what allowed the game to stay close. Yes Fitz had one drive for a TD, but he followed it up with the barrage of garbage I listed above and cost us the win multiple times at the end of regulation and OT. He was awful almost that whole game.

You are hilarious with this stuff though...you grab TEAM stats and credit them to Fitz while ignoring the awful personal stats, the many mistakes, and the opportunities we had to win the game that he single handedly blew in the last drive in regulation and the drives in OT.

Seriously, we have run the course with this...I can't discuss this further with you. I get it, you love him, but you are just being ridiculous with trying to prop up this KC game as a good game. Your excuses and team stats are not going to change how inaccurate he was, how many mistakes he made, or how many times we could have won the game but his mistakes prevented those chances. There are other games you can talk about and prop him up in, but this isnt one of them. So we will just have to agree to disagree on this because it's just getting silly now.

Here is a beer for you, time to move on :beer:

And yes, I agree with you about the only purpose of ranking sites...which is why I don't get why Bills fans get their panties in a wad over worthless rankings, especially when the last time we got some love after starting 4-0 against 4 bad teams and being ranked in single digits, we just went out and proved how stupid they are by winning just 3 more games that season.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Fitz did not have a good game against KC, unless you want to say he ran well.

I remember thinking the DBs must have liked Chan because they kept on dropping gimme pick-6's.

Even with the drops by the KC DBs, Fitz stats were nothing to write home about.

(I got them here)

Buffalo	C/ATT	YDS	AVG	TD	INT	RATING
Fitz	24/48	223	4.6	1	1	61.4

A rating of 61.4 is not "good" no matter how you look at it.

Now these numbers for comparison, were not bad:

KC	C/ATT	YDS	AVG	TD	INT	RATING
Cassel	14/26	152	5.8	1	0	84.1

Fitz did have a good running day and damn near beat out fast Freddy:

Buffalo	CAR	YDS	AVG	TD	LG
Jackson	20	64	3.2	0	9
Fitz	6	43	7.2	0	14

But him running is not going to win games.

He did get the late drive to tie the game, but as was pointed out earlier, missed a few opportunities to win it as well.

Overall I cannot understand how you would call this a B+ performance. I'd give it a D+ probably myself, or maybe a C- because of the running.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Fitz did not have a good game against KC, unless you want to say he ran well.

I remember thinking the DBs must have liked Chan because they kept on dropping gimme pick-6's.

Even with the drops by the KC DBs, Fitz stats were nothing to write home about.

(I got them here)

Buffalo	C/ATT	YDS	AVG	TD	INT	RATING
Fitz	24/48	223	4.6	1	1	61.4

A rating of 61.4 is not "good" no matter how you look at it.

Now these numbers for comparison, were not bad:

KC	C/ATT	YDS	AVG	TD	INT	RATING
Cassel	14/26	152	5.8	1	0	84.1

Fitz did have a good running day and damn near beat out fast Freddy:

Buffalo	CAR	YDS	AVG	TD	LG
Jackson	20	64	3.2	0	9
Fitz	6	43	7.2	0	14

But him running is not going to win games.

He did get the late drive to tie the game, but as was pointed out earlier, missed a few opportunities to win it as well.

Overall I cannot understand how you would call this a B+ performance. I'd give it a D+ probably myself, or maybe a C- because of the running.

You do know that stats don't always tell you how good of a game a player had. Cassel's "team" ran for 247 yards. Do you not think that that had a little something to do with his passing success?

If Fitzpatrick wasn't good, why then were the Bills in overtime of a game on the road in one of the toughest places to play? Was it their defense keeping them in that game? Was it their running game? No, it was Ryan Fitzpatrick who kept them in that game.

Did he have a great game? No, but given the circumstances of Fitzpatrick having zero help he did provide a good enough performance to drag his team into overtime. Given the circumstances, it was a B+ performance stats be damned.

You do know that stats don't always tell you how good of a game a player had. Cassel's "team" ran for 247 yards. Do you not think that that had a little something to do with his passing success?

If Fitzpatrick wasn't good, why then were the Bills in overtime of a game on the road in one of the toughest places to play? Was it their defense keeping them in that game? Was it their running game? No, it was Ryan Fitzpatrick who kept them in that game.

Did he have a great game? No, but given the circumstances of Fitzpatrick having zero help he did provide a good enough performance to drag his team into overtime. Given the circumstances, it was a B+ performance stats be damned.

You act as though fitz led the team to more than 10 points through 5 quarters of play.

You act as though fitz led the team to more than 10 points through 5 quarters of play.

They act as if Fitzpatrick was the guy holding them back when the exact opposite was true...LOL

I was just pointing out all of the factors of that game so as to put in perspective Fitzpatrick's good performance. I've already listed them earlier in the thread and repeated my points in replies, so you can look them over and if you still disagree with my stance then I guess I can just put you in the "agree to disagree" column. You can score 10 points and still be considered to have a good game. Especially when the rest of your teammates were pretty much useless that day.

I think the Bills will be a surprise team and get to 9 wins this year. They have a good mix of veterans at key positions, have just added a good wealth of talent on defense, finally have good coaching, and they seem like they have developed a close "team" attitude. The fans and "experts" may not seem to have noticed this, but I'll bet the players and coaches on the other NFL teams have.

I am always optimistic about the Bills as well, but 9-3 would be tremendous...

It was KC's defense that kept the Bills in that game as has been stated several times in this thread.

It was probably also an equal part of no matter how much the Bills sucked last season, they never gave up ... EVER.

So as long as KC gave them hope, the Bills were in that game. And in fact had several opportunities to win it.

I guess there is no point in arguing against "damn the facts, it was a B+ game" :)

They act as if Fitzpatrick was the guy holding them back when the exact opposite was true...LOL

Never said it was Fitz holding them back. Just responding to you thinking he had a great (or at least well above average) game when everything points to a different conclusion. You love Fitz and think he is probably the long term answer, "stats be damned". Fair enough.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It was KC's defense that kept the Bills in that game as has been stated several times in this thread.

I guess there is no point in arguing against "damn the facts, it was a B+ game" :)

Never said it was Fitz holding them back. Just responding to you thinking he had a great (or at least well above average) game when everything points to a different conclusion. You love Fitz and think he is probably the long term answer, "stats be damned". Fair enough.

So the Bills had a bad defense, a bad running game, a bad QB...yet they still found themselves in overtime on the road no less. That's a pretty amazing feat.

So the Bills had a bad defense, a bad running game, a bad QB...yet they still found themselves in overtime on the road no less. That's a pretty amazing feat.

Yes. If you remember the game you undoubtedly remember how mind numbingly bad of a game it was overall by both teams.

Yes. If you remember the game you undoubtedly remember how mind numbingly bad of a game it was overall by both teams.

Huh? I wouldn't call the Chiefs' 247 yards running the football bad.

Just as I wouldn't call our offense getting 23 first downs and converting a last minute drive touchdown pass on the road, sending the game into overtime (in a place that has been a house of horrors for our team going back more than twenty years) a bad effort.

I'm amazed at Bills fans looking for Fitzpatrick style points on the road in Kansas City. That was a well played game by him. Obviously it went completely over a lot of fans' heads.

Huh? I wouldn't call the Chiefs' 247 yards running the football bad.

Just as I wouldn't call our offense getting 23 first downs and converting a last minute drive touchdown pass on the road, sending the game into overtime (in a place that has been a house of horrors for our team going back more than twenty years) a bad effort.

I'm amazed at Bills fans looking for Fitzpatrick style points on the road in Kansas City. That was a well played game by him. Obviously it went completely over a lot of fans' heads.

Obviously.