Excellent News!

From CNNSI -

After a lackluster 2011 NFL Draft in both television ratings and quality, the hype will return next season thanks to a class loaded with talent at the offensive skill positions.

Hopefully the lockout will be a distant memory by the time Roger Goodell steps to the podium next April. The 2012 draft could be shaped by a rookie salary cap after the dust settles from the labor battle.

Here is a look at my (Way early) 2011 NFL Mock Draft from April of last year. No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks Ryan Mallett and Da'Quan Bowers looked relatively good throughout most of last college football season. Though this year's top guy seems a lot safer ...

1. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

The Bills did well drafting Marcell Dareus, but still have too many holes on defense to improve next season. You won't find a single 2012 mock draft that doesn't list Luck No. 1. Other than injury, the only possibility he'll fall is if the bar is set too high and experts pick him apart.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html#ixzz1LUpZOGgO

From CNNSI -

After a lackluster 2011 NFL Draft in both television ratings and quality, the hype will return next season thanks to a class loaded with talent at the offensive skill positions.

Hopefully the lockout will be a distant memory by the time Roger Goodell steps to the podium next April. The 2012 draft could be shaped by a rookie salary cap after the dust settles from the labor battle.

Here is a look at my (Way early) 2011 NFL Mock Draft from April of last year. No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks Ryan Mallett and Da'Quan Bowers looked relatively good throughout most of last college football season. Though this year's top guy seems a lot safer ...

The Bills did well drafting Marcell Dareus, but still have too many holes on defense to improve next season. You won't find a single 2012 mock draft that doesn't list Luck No. 1. Other than injury, the only possibility he'll fall is if the bar is set too high and experts pick him apart.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html#ixzz1LUpZOGgO

I'm projecting that Nix trades down to the Pats for the 27 picks (or so) they have next year...

Mock drafts ought to be illegal until the season ends.

A ranking of the players projected to go in the first round is interesting, though, and gives an idea of who to follow. Hopefully Landry Jones and Matt Barkley rank right up there with Luck and give more options. The Bills were right to give a thorough look at the QB's in this draft. Maybe next year is the year they finally pick one with a first round pick.

Who knows how the Bills are going to finish. They're highly dependent on this rookie class making an immediate impact. If training camp is delayed it's going to hold them back. How much is completely unknown, but I don't see a year as bad as this one.

Edited by Flatlander

There is no way the Bills are picking first overall next year. Take that to the bank.

I am not saying they will be picking #1 overall next year, but to guarantee that they won't seems silly.

They drafted 3rd this year. They have one of the toughest schedules in the league next year and they have not yet addressed several glaring needs. It would not shock me for them to be picking 1st overall. That said, it would not shock me if they drafted somewhere closer to 8-10 range either.

After carefully reviewing this thorough forecast of the 2012 draft, my first observation was that I'm reasonably sure this guy cuts his own hair. Moving on, what a monumental waste of time it is to try and predict the order teams will finish, the rise and fall of college prospects and evolving team needs, all at once.

If you want to write a piece about the top college prospects in 2012 and projected first rounders, why not just do that instead of confounding the article with absurd predictions and fluff about team needs? I know you he has to differentiate his mock from the million others out there, but sacrificing your credibility probably isn't the wisest way to go about that.

Even though he likely owns a flowbee, I'll give the guy some credit for successfully predicting 50% of 2011 first round in his previous mock. But take a look at his projected draft order in his Way Too Early 2011 Mock Draft. Has he learned nothing?

This guy must be a big AZ Cardinals fan.

From CNNSI -

I'm calling BS. The Bills will have a better record in 2011-12 than they did last year. There is no way they will have the worst record in the league. This team is on the upswing. They will be better this year than last.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html?xid=si_topstories

States that Bills will be the worst team in league for 2011-12 season...and we get to draft Andrew Luck.

It also tells me the author is picking the Steelers to beat the Saints for the Super Bowl.

Looking at the schedule I see us winning 3-4 games. I got excited then I looked at the Panthers schedule and they will be lucky to win two. If they get the #1 pick I promise you that someone will trade up with them to take Luck. Hopefully Buffalo Lol