It's pretty embarrassing, reading this board sometimes...

Not for anything but our rivals in the AFC East have mnatched/exceded us in this draft and I am worried they will increase their existing talent gap once free agency opens up. We will get the Hargartners and Corny Greens and they will get potential all stars.

Seriously, Patriots drafted a HUGE upgrade at QB. They will get better simply by not having Brady on the field.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Patriots drafted a HUGE upgrade at QB. They will get better simply by not having Brady on the field.

And the "Dark Genius" was the only GM savvy enough to pick a CB in the beginning of the 2nd round. If only Buddy knew what he was doing!!

I can get on board with ripping the 'half-wits with an internet connection' who think they know anything about the draft. But that's about where your rant needs to end. Lets face it - you and people like you make this same post every year. And more often than not (whether it was by sheer luck or not) "the idiots" have been right and you have been wrong. "Lets wait 4 years before making any judgement" they always say. OK, so when someone says the 2007 draft was an epic failure, it's either greeted with "go root for the Patriots" or "Poz really isn't that bad". So don't tell anyone to wait 4 years when you still can't admit you were wrong 4 years later. I should hope the roster is better than it was Thursday afternoon - that's a pretty low bar you're setting for what constitutes a successful draft.

Some men marry an ugly woman, she may be pretty to him, and he loves her, so it will only be so long that he will take you calling his wife ugly before he punches you in your face.

Some men well tell you how much he loves his wife, then when he gets home he beats her for leaving a dish in the sink. Never satisfied, and a piece of :censored:

Honestly, I know it's an open forum, which means any half-wit with an internet connection and a keyboard can speak his mind, but the gnashing of teeth over late round draft picks is both comical and embarrassing. We have supposedly "knowledgeable" football fans who can't understand how many defensive backs a team needs to go to training camp. We have folks apparently unwilling to accept that the Bills' front office didn't believe a developmental prospect at QB was more important than finding players who can contribute immediately. We have people who think two RBs are enough for an entire season. This stuff amazes me - particularly the "Joe Schmoe was sitting there in the 6th round; how did these idiots not take him?" nonsense.

The Bills just got a lot more talented and addressed a number of significant needs. They couldn't fix everything with nine draft picks, but we are in a heluva lot better shape than we were on Thursday afternoon. Did everyone suddenly forget that except for about three games, the talent-poor 2010 Bills were in a position to win every game if they make a few plays in the 4th quarter or OT?

I'm tired of the decade of losing as much (if not more) as anyone. I've only enjoyed approximately 40% of my Sundays over the last 12 years. But only the most pessimistic of fans would not be encouraged by what we're seeing out of the organization.

If I'm too "optimistic" for your liking...well, then, kiss off. :P

Well youre right. I was not going to be the one to say it some of the comments are crazy. Call it youthful exuberance.

Folks need to remember that just because you read in a magazine (or a website) that one guy is rated a 6.0 and the guy we picked is rated a 5.5 does not mean we picked the wrong guy. I read that a lot on the Sheppard pick over the guy from Illinois. I much prefer the fact that our staff worked with Sheppard and they know he fits. I love Sheppard's leadership skills and his team attitude. There is no rating system for that. That is an intangible that matters much more than whether you ran around a bunch of cones 0.1 second faster than the next guy.

Edited by Bob in STL

Replying to It's pretty embarrassing, reading this board sometimes...

It is a board for opinions-and everyone is entitled to their own. Is there someone with a gun to your head making you read it? If I see something I don't want to read I go back to the main menu. It is a free country, thousands have died for the freedom in this country, and millions of others have served proudly to protect our freedom of opinion (20 years myself), so don't get so uptight.

Honestly, I know it's an open forum, which means any half-wit with an internet connection and a keyboard can speak his mind, but the gnashing of teeth over late round draft picks is both comical and embarrassing. We have supposedly "knowledgeable" football fans who can't understand how many defensive backs a team needs to go to training camp. We have folks apparently unwilling to accept that the Bills' front office didn't believe a developmental prospect at QB was more important than finding players who can contribute immediately. We have people who think two RBs are enough for an entire season. This stuff amazes me - particularly the "Joe Schmoe was sitting there in the 6th round; how did these idiots not take him?" nonsense.

The Bills just got a lot more talented and addressed a number of significant needs. They couldn't fix everything with nine draft picks, but we are in a heluva lot better shape than we were on Thursday afternoon. Did everyone suddenly forget that except for about three games, the talent-poor 2010 Bills were in a position to win every game if they make a few plays in the 4th quarter or OT?

I'm tired of the decade of losing as much (if not more) as anyone. I've only enjoyed approximately 40% of my Sundays over the last 12 years. But only the most pessimistic of fans would not be encouraged by what we're seeing out of the organization.

If I'm too "optimistic" for your liking...well, then, kiss off. :P

A lot of your post is accurate, from my point of view. However, Bills draft history has me believing the fans are often times better at making picks than the Bills brain trust. I am not talking about this edition of the staff as the book is still out on them, they look like they have a clue, but the Juron and Donahoe eras. Aside from a few late round winners members of this board's picks have done better in the NFL than the Bills. I am fearful of any Bills picks based on past results.

Edited by larz tex

^ yeah, what that guy said!

:D:thumbsup::beer:

Yeah, what those two guys said. Good to see a well thought out post without the doomsday attitude that permeates this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp8Afm2XolE

First, thanks for your service. I served twenty three years myself. I agree that people have a right to express their opinion. I think what this poster meant was that all of the negativity gets a bit old sometimes. Not that people don't have the right to post their opinion, just that some of the opinions tend to be overly negative and lacking in thought.

It's funny to me how confident every one is that Mallet is the schitt. Didn't he have "issues?" Did they all magically go away now that he's a Patriot? What would people be saying if he was a Bill? That we took a needless risk?

PTR

I'm an optimist & I apply that to all things in my life. With that attitude I have gotten very far & I'm very happy where my life is. The Bills have been my passion since my mom took me & my brother on the Metro for the AFC cha Paul ship game against the Chiefs.

No matter where I go, I make sure I wear some Bulls gear. It represents how proud I am of my hometown & how much the Bills mean to me. No matter how silly it, the NFL is one of the biggest business in this country & Buffalo is one of 32 cities that are represented. So for me to spend my precious free time whining about it on a message board doesn't make sense to me.

I like what we did in this draft. We got big. I would have like a qb to learn under Fitz but none of these guys were sure shots to make it. Bottom-line is I'm going to enjoy the rest of the offseason & look forward to another season that hopefully ends our playoff drought. It might not happen but I damn sure will have a good time rooting for it.

Go Bills & go Buffalo!!

Why should we have a ton of confidence in Buddy Nix after the mediocre to terrible draft they turned in last year?

Dareus was dropped on them after the Broncos took Miller and to be honest the rest of the draft had some interesting if not questionable moves.

Instead of letting Whitner and Flroence go and redrafting defensive backs for the upteenth straight year why not sign them and allocate the selections to bigger holes (LB, O-Line)?

Why should we have a ton of confidence in Buddy Nix after the mediocre to terrible draft they turned in last year?

Dareus was dropped on them after the Broncos took Miller and to be honest the rest of the draft had some interesting if not questionable moves.

Instead of letting Whitner and Flroence go and redrafting defensive backs for the upteenth straight year why not sign them and allocate the selections to bigger holes (LB, O-Line)?

Nostradumbass. That name makes sense now. :thumbsup:

There's this whole lockout thing going on, so there has been no free agency. The FO hasnt even had the CHANCE to re-sign our guys, but they have tendered a number of players.

Every team had to draft to replace free agents this year. It was a weird draft for sure. But it wasnt just the Bills.

Also, we did draft a LB before we drafted a Safety. And we took 2 LBs and 2 CBs. We addressed OL the same round we picked a Safety in. This was NOT A JAURON DRAFT.

I agree with this completely. The picks we made are to replace current FA's not to add to the roster. This defense did not get better, just younger and cheaper.

And to the OP, I find you message to be pretty arrogant. Anybody who doesn't agree with your blind optimism and has the audacity to question the great and powerful Front Office is a "half wit with a keyboard". We get it, you'll find a way to love every move the Bills make and will scream at anyone who doesn't. Since the point of this board is to debate differing opinions, maybe it is you who should "piss off" if you don't like it.

I agree with this completely. The picks we made are to replace current FA's not to add to the roster. This defense did not get better, just younger and cheaper.

And to the OP, I find you message to be pretty arrogant. Anybody who doesn't agree with your blind optimism and has the audacity to question the great and powerful Front Office is a "half wit with a keyboard". We get it, you'll find a way to love every move the Bills make and will scream at anyone who doesn't. Since the point of this board is to debate differing opinions, maybe it is you who should "piss off" if you don't like it.

Yay! Maddogs back!

Edited by DrDankenstein

I'm glad someone took the time to provide a perfect "Exhibit A" to reinforce my original post. Thanks Maddog69!

Its OK to be critical don't forget that but you still are a fan always remember that. This draft was good very good in fact. Free agency should address depth concerns (Linebackers still need to be added, and Fitz needs a backup) and maybe could fill a need (Tight end).

It is hard to read this board at times, though others like Bills Zone can be even worse when it comes to negativity. I have been part of TBD since 1998 and have seen the same stupid stuff written over and over, often by the same people. We get it, the team sucks! So why are you still here?

PTR

What I found interesting yesterday was when you gave your opinion about people being whiners and negative...they attacked you for attacking their right to have an opinion.....

Having an option about ignorant negative posters IS having an opinion

I'm glad someone took the time to provide a perfect "Exhibit A" to reinforce my original post. Thanks Maddog69!

I'd be interested in some eveidence to back your optimism rather than your "I know you are but what am I response"

Your blind belief that every one of the Bills picks this year will be instant Hall of Famers and that Fitz will suddenly stop being mediocre and turn into Johnny Unitas is comical and your refusal to see the fact that the Bills are one of the worst teams in the league and have been for a very long time completely discredits any of your posts.

Go ahead an book your trip to the Superbowl. I think I'll hold off a little while.