how you like our D now?

Pete

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This team will not be in play for Luck. No chance.

Don't be so sure. I realize there is a lot of time left between now and next season, but I have no reason to believe that the Bills will be any better than 2010, therefore they will be drafting at or near the top of the draft again.

I think after one preseason game, if we don't shutout whoever we play this board will be calling Darius a bust. Even though he only played one play.....This will be the worst draft ever because the Bills, even though its preseaon, didn't draft Stanzi because whoever he plays for completes 2 of 7 passes for 12 yards. You know, we could of had him in the fifth.......... I've loved this draft.....For the first time in a long time I feel we're a better team then we were a coupleof days ago.

Don't be so sure. I realize there is a lot of time left between now and next season, but I have no reason to believe that the Bills will be any better than 2010, therefore they will be drafting at or near the top of the draft again.

you are a glass is half full typem aren't you? I get more joy for draft day then any other time of football season. It is a time of hope and optimism. And I especially like this draft and how we focused on D

I love it! I bet Wanny does too

Honestly, if in 2 years we have 2 starters out of 1-3, and 2 depth players from today we were successful. I'm optimistic but I'm not going to go totally homer and say our D is fixed. I do like how they approached the draft, and the criteria they seem to use for players.

If someone can project what the starting 3-4 and 4-3 units will look like now I'd could get a better feel for the OP's question.

For instance does Darius man the nose or Williams in the 3-4? Who is manning the ends in both schemes? What are the starting LB's and DB's now?

It just looks like the whole D will look different. (Which is a good thing) :thumbsup:

Stroud out, Dareus in.

Williams to nickel.

Whitner and poz likely back (tendered)

Basically mckelvin slides into florences spot.

Merriman is the great unknown.

Hopefully just stronger rotations now.

Its improved good deep secondary and Dareus and Sheppard do help out the run D big time. Even if the team resigns Poz the team still needs to go out and some front 7 help in free agency. MLB should be addressed again in free agency so should OLB. Now they don't need anything major but two quality depth guys would do wonders as I think the LB core is still thin (Poz is injured, Sheppard is a rookie, Davis is old, Merriman is injured).

Also think the D-line could maybe use a DE for depth. Once again nothing major but another solid veteran 3-4 DE player would help out big time. As Edwards is often injured and Carrington is an unknown.

It's tough to say how much I like it. I like that their looking to beef up the overall talent level (and size) and create competition as positions. They also seem to be getting players who have a stronger mental fortitude. Unfortunately, this roster was so deficient in these values, you're counting on a lot of very young players which means their consistency is likely not going to be there. I think I'll like it a lot in a year or two though.

I love it! I bet Wanny does too

Our D is not fixed but it's vastly improved. It will take another draft or two before we can be stocked. We have gotten a HUGE infusion of quality D talent. Last years picks will progress with a year under their belts.

We are on our way gentlemen and gentle ladies. There is a plan. Nix, Whaley and Gailey know what the hell they are doing.

Along with the guys coming in this year, you're going to hopefully get improved play from Troup, Carrington and Moats, and Danny Batten is a guy I know they like a lot.

Our D is bad, but we have an All-Pro on the D-Line (Williams) and if Dareus lives up to the hype, we have 2 d-linemen offenses have to gameplan for....which is more than a lot of teams have