All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newton would be an absolute STEAL at #3 overall. I have him ranked #2 on my big board, slightly behind Einstein but comfortably in front of Maxwell.

I have Schrödinger going in my top 3 but I know many are going to call it a reach. Newton is a good "system" guy while Schrödinger understands the game on a whole different level.

Another Buffalo Rumblings article on Cammer...two in 2 days from the boyz : Link

"Buffalo Bills (No. 3): This might actually be a beneficial situation for Newton. The Bills have a quarterback that they think they can win with in Ryan Fitzpatrick, but their brain trust (GM Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey) seem aware of the fact that he's not a long-term answer, as well. Here, Newton would be out of the spotlight for at least a year as he sat behind Fitzpatrick, worked with Gailey's coaching staff, and learned Gailey's offense. Buffalo has been looking for a franchise quarterback since Jim Kelly's retirement; they'd better be right if they pass on Newton."

I have Schrödinger going in my top 3 but I know many are going to call it a reach. Newton is a good "system" guy while Schrödinger understands the game on a whole different level.

lmao!! Googling who the h3ll this "Schrödinger" dude is....but the Newton "system" guy was funny.

Ahhh...haaaa....He's a Quantum Mechs baby daddy...lol

Edited by RichardBag

Another Buffalo Rumblings article on Cammer...two in 2 days from the boyz : Link

"Buffalo Bills (No. 3): This might actually be a beneficial situation for Newton. The Bills have a quarterback that they think they can win with in Ryan Fitzpatrick, but their brain trust (GM Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey) seem aware of the fact that he's not a long-term answer, as well. Here, Newton would be out of the spotlight for at least a year as he sat behind Fitzpatrick, worked with Gailey's coaching staff, and learned Gailey's offense. Buffalo has been looking for a franchise quarterback since Jim Kelly's retirement; they'd better be right if they pass on Newton."

EXACTLY what Ive been saying the entire time. IF we are looking at taking a QB, this is about as good of a situation as a rookie QB can come into. Now might just be the time.

If anything, stay at #3 and get a big-time D player, then trade back into the first if Newton is still there, and get him. That way, we at least have a top 3 talent and have not wasted the pick. Or just take him at #3 and go D the rest of the way (with maybe an OT in there).

I'd be seriously happy with either of these scenario's!

Git "IT"!!

Oh man, trading back in to the first...god, the nightmares of all the times we've done this before. :wallbash:

LOL = Losman!!! I hear ya my man....but thank god were generally not good at anything draft related....albeit drafting our pick...drafting up/down....not even sure why we bother drafting when our sucess seems to be signing the undrafted!!

Git "IT"

I'd be seriously happy with either of these scenario's!

Git "IT"!!

LOL = Losman!!! I hear ya my man....but thank god were generally not good at anything draft related....albeit drafting our pick...drafting up/down....not even sure why we bother drafting when our sucess seems to be signing the undrafted!!

and...

McCargo

Maybin

Edited by jboyst62

WOW!!!! Apparently this was Dilfer's reaction to what he witnessed: "ESPN's Trent Dilfer on Cam Newton's workout today - "That was phenomenal. If scouts saw this they'd have been slobbering." #NFL"

I think this was twittered, so no link yet guys.

Git "IT"!!

New Buffalo Bills blog post out: Link

"if there is anything we know about Buffalo head coach Chan Gailey, it’s that he understands how to be creative with unique/dynamic offensive weapons. Newton is a talent who needs work, but has the skill set to thrive in Buffalo, and Gailey is the kind of coach who can get the most out of him the quickest."

Apparently National Football Post has its new mock draft out and has us selecting I-Tee....link here: Link

New Buffalo Bills blog post out: Link

"if there is anything we know about Buffalo head coach Chan Gailey, it’s that he understands how to be creative with unique/dynamic offensive weapons. Newton is a talent who needs work, but has the skill set to thrive in Buffalo, and Gailey is the kind of coach who can get the most out of him the quickest."

Apparently National Football Post has its new mock draft out and has us selecting I-Tee....link here: Link

Agreed, and Ive said before, imagine Newton-Jackson-Spiller in the backfield running Gailey's triple option!! It's a gimmick, sure, just like the wildcat. But its another big wrinkle for D's to worry about.

It's almost like that stars are aligning for Newton to come to Buffalo.

Any idea how Newton looks during the media workout? There's gotta be members of the media there updating their twitter feeds!

I put this in the other Newton thread, but Dilfer said these things, and i paraphrase...

-Physically imposing, Dilfer said he's 6'4" 240 and Cam dwarfs him

-sound mechanics, nothing needs an overhaul

-threw every pass in the book into a stiff breeze, said there was 4 drops because of zip on ball

-nothing short of amazing when asked his overall impression

-top 5 pick

I'd be fine with Newton as long as it isn't Ralph's pick where he overrides everyone else and the draft board grades.

Very good point, and I agree with that even as someone in the Newton camp. I like Newton, but trust Nix, Whaley and Co. to make the decision. If we do draft him, I want it to be their choice, not Ralph's.

Very good point, and I agree with that even as someone in the Newton camp. I like Newton, but trust Nix, Whaley and Co. to make the decision. If we do draft him, I want it to be their choice, not Ralph's.

Trade up with Carolina! :D