RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Buffalo Rumblings: Link

"Auburn junior quarterback Cam Newton, considered one of the top QB prospects available in the 2011 NFL Draft, will be making a few waves tomorrow as he holds a one-hour, media-only workout in California.

Many have questioned whether or not the workout - scheduled by Newton's people, including his infamous father, Cecil - will have its intended effect of answering questions about Newton's technical development (he's been working with famed quarterbacks coach George Whitfield since declaring himself eligible for the draft). In fact, one league insider told CBSSports.com's Rob Rang that this was nothing more than a "publicity stunt."

I agree that this is def a publicity stunt....my only question is if we can black this out in Carolina and Denver? Ha...otherwise I doubt that it will be broadcasted anywhere...I would just listen for the avalanche of media reports hitting the wire tomorrow. Go Cam...its your Birthday....

New Scouting Report out today, 02/09/11 by New Era Scouting: Link

Cameron Newton

Height: 6’6 | Weight: 250 | Auburn

Accuracy: Newton’s accuracy has taken criticism that he does not deserve. During the 2010 season he showed promising accuracy, but his inconsistency is what hurts his stock. Newton has the ability to hit any target, he just does not do it routinely right now. This points to a mechanics flaw, since he will sometimes miss on a pass that he made before under the same conditions. This is encouraging, as mechanics can be taught and refined.

Newton’s strengths right now are hitting backs out of the backfield on screens and his deep ball accuracy, which is actually among the best in the class. Has shown good touch on both long and short passes. Puts the ball in a catchable position on underneath routes and lets his receiver run in to the ball.

Arm strength: Phenomenal arm strength. Has no trouble putting the ball over 50 yards in the air. Can make every throw you could ask of him. Unlike his accuracy, Newton shows great touch and understanding when throwing the long ball. Arm strength is top notch. Newton has thrown at least 70 yards in the air that we have seen- and that is during a game.

Athleticism/mobility: Has unquestioned athleticism. Was allowed to tuck and run at any time at Auburn. Can get outside the pocket and hurt a defense. Is not only fast, but has rare size for the quarterback position. Imagine Ben Roethlisberger with Vince Young’s speed. Does a nice job moving around in the pocket, freeing himself to throw.

Click link to see the rest....

Welcome aboard for hopefully, the next 10 years. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show, because we about to see some football!! And here's to hoping, we can keep the haters away and have uninterrupted discussions, about, "IT"!

Dude's definitely got "IT". I want "IT". We haven't had "IT" here in 20 years. C'mon Ralph....Git "IT"!

Watching this dude re-write these is going to be amazing: Preorder here

Newton's laws of motion consist of three physical laws that form the basis for classical mechanics. They describe the relationship between the forces acting on a body and its motion due to those forces. They have been expressed in several different ways over nearly three centuries,[2] and can be summarized as follows:

1. First law: Every body remains in a state of rest or uniform motion (constant velocity) unless it is acted upon by an external unbalanced force.(This one is going to be fun to watch) [3][4][5] This means that in the absence of a non-zero net force, the center of mass of a body either remains at rest, or moves at a constant speed in a straight line.

2. Second law: A body of mass m subject to a net force F undergoes an acceleration a that has the same direction as the force and a magnitude that is directly proportional to the force and inversely proportional to the mass, i.e., F = ma. Alternatively, the total force applied on a body is equal to the time derivative of linear momentum of the body.

3. Third law: The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear. This means that whenever a first body exerts a force F on a second body, the second body exerts a force −F on the first body. F and −F are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. This law is sometimes referred to as the action-reaction law, with F called the "action" and −F the "reaction". The action and the reaction are simultaneous.

The only thing missing is a picture of Cam Isaac "I-Tee" Newton. Ow dis gonna b fun!!! Birth of KG2! (Not mine but I like)

KG1:

QB - JKelly

RB - TThomas

WR - AReed

C - KHull

KG2:

QB - CNewton

RB - Spiller

WR - SJohnson

C - EWood

Now all we need is a Bruce and a Biscuit and I think we could scrap with the best of them. I'd like to nominate Cameron Heyward for the next Bruce and I think Moats may be our new Biscuit.

Sorry so long winded...Go Bills! Cheers!

I am a Newtonian! Maybe at QB Maybe a TE depending on how hard he hits the Books and film room.

I like Cam Newton a lot. I think he is going to be a good to great QB in the NFL and I don't think his bust potential is very high.

Tim Tebow + NFL throwing motion (just needs some refinement like all college QBs) - Missionary trips - Post game speeches.

The 2010 Draft Tim Tebow crowd should be in the 2011 draft Cam Newton team, I really don't understand why they would stray.

However I highly doubt the Bills take Cam Newton at #3 and I doubt he will be there at #34 so . . . what's the point?

I like Cam Newton a lot. I think he is going to be a good to great QB in the NFL and I don't think his bust potential is very high.

Tim Tebow + NFL throwing motion (just needs some refinement like all college QBs) - Missionary trips - Post game speeches.

The 2010 Draft Tim Tebow crowd should be in the 2011 draft Cam Newton team, I really don't understand why they would stray.

However I highly doubt the Bills take Cam Newton at #3 and I doubt he will be there at #34 so . . . what's the point?

Soooo....what happens now??? Should we just shut down this thread then??? I mean seeing as YOU see no point to it? Let me know how you would like us to move forward there BOSS!

That was me, and that is me.

Was high on Tebow (as was Buddy), and I'm high on Netwon (if we must draft a QB).

As I mentioned in another thread, I was thinking last night that the Bills might try to trade back into the first (packaging their #34 and some late round picks) to get Newton. However, it then dawned on me that that's what happened last year and Buddy missed out on his guy. That makes me wonder if he wont just pick his QB at #3 this year (even though Id rather not).

Guess we'll have to wait and see

Edited by DrDankenstein

I-Tee in dolphins uniform will be really painful 2 watch twice a year: Link

"Auburn quarterback Cam Newton is still generating a lot of press even though his season has long been over. "At least six different (NFL) teams said they rank" Newton "as the number one prospect in the draft," DraftInsider.net reports.

The site's sources for the story were scouts, personnel directors, and a few coaches. The site also notes that it is hearing that "the Miami Dolphins have been inquiring heavily into Newton at this stage of the game." The Fins, though, don't pick till No. 15."

Hey hater dill-holes....read the red part several times....then re-read it again.....then...officially join the Team!!

Another Miami/Cam article here with this awesome quote: Link

"All had Newton rated clearly higher than Da’Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley, Marcel Dareus and competing signal caller Blaine Gabbert."

That was me, and that is me.

Was high on Tebow (as was Buddy), and I'm high on Netwon (if we must draft a QB).

As I mentioned in another thread, I was thinking last night that the Bills might try to trade back into the first (packaging their #34 and some late round picks) to get Newton. However, it then dawned on me that that's what happened last year and Buddy missed out on his guy. That makes me wonder if he wont just pick his QB at #3 this year (even though Id rather not).

Guess we'll have to wait and see

I am of the trade down and draft crowd. I'd love to possibly swap picks with Cleveland and grab Cammer. I dont think he goes any lower from that point on. IMO

Edited by RichardBag

I am of the trade down and draft crowd. I'd love to possibly swap picks with Cleveland and grab Cammer. I dont think he goes any lower from that point on. IMO

I'm not big on trading down. What happens when we trade out of #3, let's say to #12, and then someone jumps in front of us and drafts our guy? We just blew a chance at top 3 talent, AND we lost the guy we wanted.

If anything, stay at #3 and get a big-time D player, then trade back into the first if Newton is still there, and get him. That way, we at least have a top 3 talent and have not wasted the pick. Or just take him at #3 and go D the rest of the way (with maybe an OT in there). We sucked good enough to get us a very high draft pick, dont blow it by trying to get tricky and cute.