I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Good stuff as always, Sage.

Aaron Paul really conveyed Jesse's incredulity at Walt's whistling just moments after lamenting the murder of the little boy on the dirtbike. I was struck by that.

Walt is gone for now. I say "for now" because in that cold open to start this season, that appears to be more Walt than Heisenburg in the diner. Hair grown, no bravado. Almost a quiet resignation of sorts.

And then he acquires an M60, so WTF do I know?

For the fact that he plays a character who gets into trouble for running his mouth, nobody accomplishes quite as much as Aaron Paul with just facial expressions. "Conveyance", as you put it, is a good term. There is absolutely no communication gap between his body language and our understanding of its meaning.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the fact that he plays a character who gets into trouble for running his mouth, nobody accomplishes quite as much as Aaron Paul with just facial expressions. "Conveyance", as you put it, is a good term. There is absolutely no communication gap between his body language and our understanding of its meaning.

Keep up with the good write ups. Look forward to them.

If only you could get over your :wub: for Skyler.

It's natural for there to be fan-hate for Skylar. The story is about how the main character, Walter, had made horrible decisions since he first found out that he has inoperable lung cancer. These decisions have led to horrible actions that have had even worse consequences. It has been an incredible journey and quite good television entertainment. The Skylar character is doing what any actual person would do in this situation: Try to get her husband to stop doing these things. We the audience view her with scorn. "How dare she try to stop this incredibly interesting ride?"

I just analyzed Jim's brain so now I have to do something awful:

I have a spoiler for you. This is no ordinary spoiler, so if you don't like spoilers DO NOT CLICK on the SPOILER button. Ok?

I just heard on the Breaking Good podcast that there has been some information leaked on the 'net (places like 4chan and others of that ilk) about what happens in the 8th episode of Season 5. Apparently a set production assistant said in the final scene that Skylar was threatening to go to the DEA (possibly because Holly was in danger). The guy wasn't all that specific because he was just working on that one scene. So Walt flips out, grabs her, throws her down and starts choking her while screaming "This was all for you!" or something like that. The scene ends when Sklar loses consciousness either blacking out or dead.

4chan was the source for the early spoilers for last year's finale, so the guys at Breaking Good are taking it seriously. Take that as you will.

I can buy that spoiler. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. As far as your defense of Skyler, giving $600;000 to your boyfriend without asking Walt is not exactly a sympathetic character just trying to defend her family.

But much like many of Walt's dilemmas (i.e., Jesse's girlfriend), it seemed like the necessary move at the time. The IRS would have come knocking for Skyler too.

But much like many of Walt's dilemmas (i.e., Jesse's girlfriend), it seemed like the necessary move at the time. The IRS would have come knocking for Skyler too.

Or she could have gone to the IRS and said I just started at this company and see problems with the books. She was not in on the money shuffling.

Or she could have gone to the IRS and said I just started at this company and see problems with the books. She was not in on the money shuffling.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I though she was fully involved in the money shuffling. She was the bookkepper, and had worked there for years prior to leaving to have a baby/care for Walt, right? That would certainly create enough smoke to have the IRS investigate her too.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I though she was fully involved in the money shuffling. She was the bookkepper, and had worked there for years prior to leaving to have a baby/care for Walt, right? That would certainly create enough smoke to have the IRS investigate her too.

Not as I recall. She had been gone for some time and first day on the job said "Mr boyfriend [i forget his name] these numbers are not matching." Boyfriend "well that's the way dad did business. I needed to keep the company running. Don't turn me in."

Skyler-"No I won't"

Not as I recall. She had been gone for some time and first day on the job said "Mr boyfriend [i forget his name] these numbers are not matching." Boyfriend "well that's the way dad did business. I needed to keep the company running. Don't turn me in."

Skyler-"No I won't"

Exactly. She didn't have to get involved but she did.