Why Did the Revolutionary War start?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Civil War thread got me thinking what everyone learned about the revolutionary war and see if there was a difference in opinion there

I learned it was because of unfair taxes and a lack of representation in the British Parliament... Am I wrong?

My father got the 4 CD set from the history channel a while ago, we watched it over the winter. Freakin miracle we won. Benedict Arnold got screwed several times, had he gotten his just recognition he would have gone down as one of the great heroes of the war and West Point would probably still be Fort Arnold. Instead his name is synonymous with traitor.

But yeah, you're not wrong, pretty much taxation without representation combined with a lot of big egos.

Edited by Steve O

My father got the 4 CD set from the history channel a while ago, we watched it over the winter. Freakin miracle we won. Benedict Arnold got screwed several times, had he gotten his just recognition he would have gone down as one of the great heroes of the war and West Point would probably still be Fort Arnold. Instead his name is synonymous with traitor.

But yeah, you're not wrong, pretty much taxation without representation combined with a lot of big egos.

I wouldn't call it a miracle that we won. British arrogance and stupidity were the 2 biggest reasons we won.