Rank our needs

Ill go first..

1. LB- Both inside and outside. Run D was terrible, having a lot to do with the LB's.

2- RT- A LOT of the pressure Fitz got last year was from the right side.

3. QB- I think we might draft one, but this is definetely a need. Fitz is not a franchise QB.

4. DE- No starting caliber DE on this team besides Dwan Edwards. Kelsay is OK in the 4-3, will be addressed in FA or Draft.

Ill go first..

1. LB- Both inside and outside. Run D was terrible, having a lot to do with the LB's.

2- RT- A LOT of the pressure Fitz got last year was from the right side.

3. QB- I think we might draft one, but this is definetely a need. Fitz is not a franchise QB.

4. DE- No starting caliber DE on this team besides Dwan Edwards. Kelsay is OK in the 4-3, will be addressed in FA or Draft.

1-OLB Big Need to Generate Pass Rush

2-MLB Huge Component to why Rush D was poot

3-RT Weakest part of the O-line by far

4-DE Rush D again

5-Tight End Been a big need for a long time

6-2nd WR- If Evans can't preform alongside Stevie it could be an area of concern.

7-QB- Could be a area of concern but I think give Fitz a RT, a Tight End, and a consistent running game and he can be a quality QB.

First our needs may be different than the draft strategy. What is needed to win games in 2011 is likely to be diffent than what is needed for a Championship.

To win games in 2011 it seems simple to me - stop the run, rush the passer, block better. Therefore front 7 defenders starting with an OLB follwed by a DE are what is needed. Next is a RT and TE. The RT may already be on the roster and the TE may be gotten in FA.

To win a championship - they need to take a chance on a QB. Fitz is not going to win a SB unless the defense is elite. While I'm not a buyer on Newton, I would take Gabbert at 3.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

For immediate results:

1. OLB

2. MLB

3. CB

4. SS

5. DE

I don't put DE higher in the list only because in the 3/4 it doesn't mean much for a pass rush. I put that on OLB which we might have with Merriman coming in (if healthy) Moats with more experience, and Batten becoming healthy. I really haven't been a fan of McGee (and his lack of ability to stay healthy) since we let Greer walk (I said it then in many posts that we chose the wrong corner) and McKelvin hasn't been the shut down corner that we all expected. Were really missing a quality MLB for our 4/3 sets and Poz has been the stro gest LB of the defense and that is sickening. Whitner being gone (although he wasn't that great) makes an immediate need for us. And even though DE SHOULDNT be part of our pass rush, if we picked up more quality and depth at OLB it should help in the pass as well as run defense.

For future impact:

1. QB

2. OLB

3. CB

4. NT

5. DE

Fitz, IMO could lead us into the playoffs IF we picked up all for immediate need but a superstar, "icon", franchise QB will keep us in the mix for years no matter what. It's a matter of bringing up the team and leading. Making other players believe we have a shot no matter the odds against us. Again as in immediate, the OLB position in a 3/4 is the pass rush and if we get a dominant enough athlete (Bowers or Quinn) they could play DE in a 4/3 as well. A stud, shut down CB will always be highly looked after no matter the defensive scheme. A true NT (I know Williams is great but he's playing out of position for the 3/4) is something we need. And we could really get 2 players with that spot because this means Williams could be moved to DE in 3/4 sets and DT where he belongs when we run the 4/3.

I'm a fan of future of the team. And with the depth of Defense in the draft I'd say take a shot at QB in the first and hope you don't bust.

1. Franchise QB.

2. Dominant pass rusher. Any position, DE, OLB.

3. Run Stopper ILB.

4. Compantent OT.

5. Pass Catching TE.

Trade down from 3 to 7 with SF. Get a 2nd and 4th pick.

1st round, Cameron Jordan DE. California.

2nd round. Gabe Camiri OT. Wisconsin.

2nd round. Kelvin Shepard ILB. LSU.

3rd round. Luke Stocker TE. Tennessee.

4th round. Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder QB.

4th round. Tom Keiser OLB. Stanford.

4th round. DeMarcus Van Dyke CB. Miami.

THE DAWN OF THE NEW BUFFALO BILL EMPIRE! SUPERBOWL OR BUST!

Edited by bisonbrigade

I'd say DE first either a Bowers or Cameron Jordon with #3 to get the push & pass rush we need .

Second round at 34 i would take a LB like Martez Wilson if he is still there , but if not i think there will be a good choice still there at LB for our pick .

At pick 68 i would look for another LB to fortify the group unless they think Batten will do that ?? And if not take a decent QB ( Dalton would be my pick) if he's still there , that way the risk factor is much lower but take some one that has some upside to there game not some one that is just going to fill a roster spot .

The rest of the picks i can't really say because i haven't dug that deep into the draft picks , so good luck with whats left !!!!

Edited by T master

1. Franchise QB.

2. Dominant pass rusher. Any position, DE, OLB.

3. Run Stopper ILB.

4. Compantent OT.

5. Pass Catching TE.

Trade down from 3 to 7 with SF. Get a 2nd and 4th pick.

1st round, Cameron Jordan DE. California.

2nd round. Gabe Camiri OT. Wisconsin.

2nd round. Kelvin Shepard ILB. LSU.

3rd round. Luke Stocker TE. Tennessee.

4th round. Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder QB.

4th round. Tom Keiser OLB. Stanford.

4th round. DeMarcus Van Dyke CB. Miami.

THE DAWN OF THE NEW BUFFALO BILL EMPIRE! SUPERBOWL OR BUST!

I agree completely. Well put. I'd be happy with that draft as well. not sure if dalton or ponder will be there in rd 4, but I've seen crazier. Trade is also unlikely imo, but it's definitely the best case scenario

I agree completely. Well put. I'd be happy with that draft as well. not sure if dalton or ponder will be there in rd 4, but I've seen crazier. Trade is also unlikely imo, but it's definitely the best case scenario

I second that draft board.

For immediate results:

1. OLB

2. MLB

3. CB

4. SS

5. DE

I don't put DE higher in the list only because in the 3/4 it doesn't mean much for a pass rush. I put that on OLB which we might have with Merriman coming in (if healthy) Moats with more experience, and Batten becoming healthy. I really haven't been a fan of McGee (and his lack of ability to stay healthy) since we let Greer walk (I said it then in many posts that we chose the wrong corner) and McKelvin hasn't been the shut down corner that we all expected. Were really missing a quality MLB for our 4/3 sets and Poz has been the stro gest LB of the defense and that is sickening. Whitner being gone (although he wasn't that great) makes an immediate need for us. And even though DE SHOULDNT be part of our pass rush, if we picked up more quality and depth at OLB it should help in the pass as well as run defense.

For future impact:

1. QB

2. OLB

3. CB

4. NT

5. DE

Fitz, IMO could lead us into the playoffs IF we picked up all for immediate need but a superstar, "icon", franchise QB will keep us in the mix for years no matter what. It's a matter of bringing up the team and leading. Making other players believe we have a shot no matter the odds against us. Again as in immediate, the OLB position in a 3/4 is the pass rush and if we get a dominant enough athlete (Bowers or Quinn) they could play DE in a 4/3 as well. A stud, shut down CB will always be highly looked after no matter the defensive scheme. A true NT (I know Williams is great but he's playing out of position for the 3/4) is something we need. And we could really get 2 players with that spot because this means Williams could be moved to DE in 3/4 sets and DT where he belongs when we run the 4/3.

I'm a fan of future of the team. And with the depth of Defense in the draft I'd say take a shot at QB in the first and hope you don't bust.

I agree with the depth in the draft along the defensive front 7 I would take Gabbert at 3 and then get defenders later. If Gabbert isn't there at 3 then I trade down with someone who wants Newton and stockplie picks this year and next. Draft at least two DE's and two LB's.

Our biggest need is the same as every other team that doesn't have one:

1-10: Elite-level Quarterback Play

Everything else is almost irrelevant.

Get elite-level quarterback play and you contend for a decade. Don't, and you are the Bills, trying to rebuild back to 7-9.

"needs" can be defined differently.

#1- Short Term - find someone to fill the weakest area on team.

#2- Long Term - invest in positions that properly build a franchise.

Short Term (weakest by position)- OLB, TE, DT, OT

Long Term (franchise building)- QB, DL, OL, LB, TE, DB, RB , WR

Run Defense has to be addressed. Priority #1. Want somebody this year to help stop the run.

LB both inside and out. Don't know what we have in Batten or Merriman. Moats seems to have promise but I would like to add somebody bigger inside to help Poz out.

RT Would be smart to add a RT in the second round or 3rd.