If Fitzy gets injured this year, what will the Bills do?

I'm getting all caught up in this draft and I'm overlooking the possibility of Fitzpatrick getting injured. What would the Bills do in this scenario? Who in the world would take the snaps? Would this be addressed in the draft or in free agency, because as far as I know they currently don't have nobody except for Levi Brown.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting all caught up in this draft and I'm overlooking the possibility of Fitzpatrick getting injured. What would the Bills do in this scenario? Who in the world would take the snaps? Would this be addressed in the draft or in free agency, because as far as I know they currently don't have nobody except for Levi Brown.

Levi Brown would be the starter in 2011 & Andrew Luck would be the starter in 2012.

Our qb drafted in the first round will get on the job training. :thumbsup:

Who would that be, Newton or Gabbert? I think that Gabbert, if he's still available, just might be the pick. I've been rooting for a defensive player with our first pick but after thinking about it this draft is deep defensively but shallow in QBs, at least starting QBs.

Edited by Tipster19

put in the number two who ever that may be come September, if there is a September

Who would that be, Newton or Gabbert? I think that Gabbert, if he's still available, just might be the pick. I've been rooting for a defensive player with our first pick but after thinking about it this draft is deep defensively but shallow in QBs, at least starting QBs.

The evaluation process is still going on. As it stands I think Gabbert is a little more polished than Newton but both are talented enough to eventually be good qbs in the league. I'm getting a sense that Gailey is a little more intrigued with Newton.

One of the reasons I feel that the Bills are going to take a qb with the first pick is that both Gailey and Nix have stated that they hope that the Bills won't be drafting from this high position again for a very long time. If their thinking is let's take advantage of our lofty drafting position and get our franchise qb and then continue on with the rebuilding process.

Another factor that can't be dismissed is the owner. He's made it publicly known that he wants a better qb on the team. If he tells Buddy that the Bills need to draft a qb then he will do so. There is no doubt about that.

Edited by JohnC

You realize that if anything DOES happen to Fitzy now, it's on you. You better conjure up whatever karma mojo you can find and use it...NOW. Before this goes any further.

GO BILLS!!!

One of the reasons I feel that the Bills are going to take a qb with the first pick is that both Gailey and Nix have stated that they hope that the Bills won't be drafting from this high position again for a very long time. If their thinking is let's take advantage of our lofty drafting position and get our franchise qb and then continue on with the rebuilding process.

Another factor that can't be dismissed is the owner. He's made it publicly known that he wants a better qb on the team. If he tells Buddy that the Bills need to draft a qb then he will do so. There is no doubt about that.

I agree with every word of this. Usualy I only agree with a majority of what you say. :)

Imo, Mr. Wilson wants a quarterback and that's all she wrote. I am not qualified to say whether or not any of these kids will be great quarterbacks. As you know, my particular favorite is Mallett, in terms of how good he can be. He also imo has the biggest bust potential.

As you know, I am of the strong opinion that the Spiller selection was also the work of Mr. Wilson. I said it from day 1. Other stupid picks (Whitner, McKelvin, and Maybin) were the result of Ralph trusting Dick Levy imo. Lynch would seem to be a selection which was more guided by Ralph and ticket sales. Again, this is merely my opinion.

I believe that Nix/Gailey know who the best quarterback is. Dick Levy would not have had a clue imo. I am hoping the one they like is there when we select but again, I think that your post above is on the money and we will be selecting a qb at #3.

I agree with every word of this. Usualy I only agree with a majority of what you say. :)

Imo, Mr. Wilson wants a quarterback and that's all she wrote. I am not qualified to say whether or not any of these kids will be great quarterbacks. As you know, my particular favorite is Mallett, in terms of how good he can be. He also imo has the biggest bust potential.

As you know, I am of the strong opinion that the Spiller selection was also the work of Mr. Wilson. I said it from day 1. Other stupid picks (Whitner, McKelvin, and Maybin) were the result of Ralph trusting Dick Levy imo. Lynch would seem to be a selection which was more guided by Ralph and ticket sales. Again, this is merely my opinion.

I believe that Nix/Gailey know who the best quarterback is. Dick Levy would not have had a clue imo. I am hoping the one they like is there when we select but again, I think that your post above is on the money and we will be selecting a qb at #3.

Yes. Ralph owns the team. He gets to pick the first pick. Every year. Without exception.

You broke the code.

The evaluation process is still going on. As it stands I think Gabbert is a little more polished than Newton but both are talented enough to eventually be good qbs in the league. I'm getting a sense that Gailey is a little more intrigued with Newton.

I think you might need some Beano.

Edited by Rockinon

When you agree with every word of what I say on a posting then I have to question your questionable judgment!

What do I have to do to cure you from your Mallett malady? Being seduced by his golden arm has you not paying attention to his cement legs.

He also imo has the biggest bust potential.

My concern with Mallett is not that he is an automatic bust candidate but that with his attributes (primarily immobility) he has to be in a certain situation to succeed. I still contend that Minnesota would be a good situation for him. Buffalo with its porous line would be one of the worst places for him to go to.

As you have noted on many occasions he is the best pure passer in this qb class, including Luck if he would have come out.