oregon duck's unis

I heard that Phil Knight, the Chairman and co-Founder of Nike is an Oregon grad and that fact apparently has a lot to do with the MANY unis that the Oregon football team has worn over the years.

I agree that the socks and shoes are a bit over the top.

Yeah, they have pretty much an unlimited supply of patterns/colors

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the helmets are going to make you go blind if you stare at them too long.

and yes, that creep phil knight has his slimy tentacles all throughout the u of o athletic department. which is a great reason to hate them. that and those ridiculous c;own suits they where. the only thing missing is the rubber noses and floppy shoes.

the helmets are going to make you go blind if you stare at them too long.

and yes, that creep phil knight has his slimy tentacles all throughout the u of o athletic department. which is a great reason to hate them. that and those ridiculous c;own suits they where. the only thing missing is the rubber noses and floppy shoes.

Those aren't floppy shoes?

I heard that Phil Knight, the Chairman and co-Founder of Nike is an Oregon grad and that fact apparently has a lot to do with the MANY unis that the Oregon football team has worn over the years.

I agree that the socks and shoes are a bit over the top.

In other news: water is wet, the sky is blue, etc. :P .....Sorry couldn't resist. I thought that was pretty common knowledge.

Best unis I have ever seen. Wouldn't mind the bills following the same pattern. Maybe they could win like the ducks then too.

Well I guess that answers my question when my buddy and I were asking ourselves, "who in the world would like these jerseys?" I actually posed the question, what will Oregon be wearing 40 years from now? Actual space suits? Does anyone care about tradition anymore? There should be a thread on how nice Auburn's uniforms are. What are you 13? Let me guess- you were pissed when the Sabres went to the semi-old school jerseys and wish they kept the slugs, right?

The jerseys were pretty sweet. I love the fact that they have limitless combinations, and wear slightly different unis each time.

Really? I don't. I love the fact that the Browns, Steelers, Colts, Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins, Cowboys, Packers, Bears and Saints would never even dream of touching their uniforms.

Really? I don't. I love the fact that the Browns, Steelers, Colts, Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins, Cowboys, Packers, Bears and Saints would never even dream of touching their uniforms.

Unless they can make some extra cash by wearing throwbacks.

I'm with Ramius & others, I liked the jerseys. I'm more on an island because I really liked the helmets.

The socks I could do without.

Everyone talking about tradition. It's becoming Oregon's tradition to have a huge number of uniform combinations. I think if you don't like it you're showing your age. I'm not 18 but I can still remember being 18. I wouldn't wear half the stuff now I did then but you did it for shock value and to be outrageous. I think the Oregon uniforms go along much of that same mentality and is a recruiting tool for 18 year old high school recruits looking to stand out.

Best unis I have ever seen. Wouldn't mind the bills following the same pattern. Maybe they could win like the ducks then too.

I loved the Unis...the carbon fiber concept work on the helmets, numbers, logos, etc make them look strong and the neon gives an elimate of speed...what a great combo. Nike hooked them up (Nike headquarters is in Oregon, so everything there is Nike if you didnt know). Best helmets I had scene as well.