Lynch

fridge

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great run, no doubt....but this is the problem with many teams and/or GMs in professional sports: they see one play or one game and figure it happens all the time, rather than looking at the entire body of work......(see Maybin, Aaron)

Lynch topped 4.0 ypc four times all year before the playoffs. He had a less than 3.0 ypc average 6 times during the season. Those are not numbers I want from a feature back. FJ averaged 4.0 ypc eight times and was held under 3.0 four times, against better competition. Not fantastic numbers, but better.

You can say "I told you so" all you like, but I prefer to look at the entire body of work (greatest ypc avg was 4.1 while FJ's worst season is 4.2), his obvious disdain for Buffalo and his run-ins with the law.

Based on your sarcastic reasoning, Sam Bowie was a great pick for the Blazers, Ryan Leaf should have worked out in SD and Mike Mamula should be heading to the Hall of Fame.

Win - win for both Lynch and the Bills. Great run by Lynch but then watching his sideline antics after (spiking the ball by their bench and acting like a kid playing Pop Warner Football who scored his first touchdown) and you realize that he is still an immature punk. I will take the 4th this year and 5th next year all day long!

One run, albeit a beauty, doesn't a career make. He could be out of the league for good or suspended for many games with one more stupid drug, car or gun goof up. I'm happy for him and wish him well but all in all I'd rather have Freddy.

actually for lynch it is his career so far ,longest run since college,gotta admit 4it was impressive .ashame it was 4 years into his career

Lynch always had that fire, and it wasn't anything Buffalo did to change it. The thing is, that was just one game, he had games like that playing for Buffalo too. The Saints' secondary is one of the poorest tackling in the league, outside of Harper who puts himself out of position all the time.

Fred Jackson has games like that too and hopefully Spiller will as well, the fact of the matter is we had three good running backs, and Lynch was the only one with a suspension and a criminal record that we knew about. two 4ths is more than a 3rd string back typically will get. Good for him, I am happy he played well.

You're welcome, Seattle Seahawks fans. "Beast Mode" is the what that run is called. And to think their Seattle had a Dick Jauron 7-9-0 and ended up winning a home playoff game. Somewhere Dick is either laughing or crying. He replicated that 7-9-0 record 3 consecutive years and did not get one damn AFC East Championship out of them!

And talk about getting the last laugh. Nix took a former first round draft pick in only the fourth year of his still promising career, and traded him away for a whopping 4th round pick in this coming draft. And as if that wasn't bad enough at the time, Marshawn made Nix look like a bumbling old man in front of a national TV audience in the biggest game of his career, kicking it into Beast Mode when the Hawks needed him the most. Yes sir, gotta love these moves our Bills' managment make year after year after losing year.

Hey Buddy, maybe you could muster up a 3rd rounder for Kyle Williams next year, huh?? As you can tell, I never thought the Bills should have traded Lynch at all, and of course I thought the Spiller pick was beyond stupid. Oh well, maybe Lynch will do lousy the rest of the playoffs, and get arrested during the off season and Buddy will be vindicated for dumping him for nothing. But my guess is that Marshawn will go an and play well the rest of these playoffs, clean up his act out in Seattle, and have a fine NFL career.

Talking about beyond stupid, what's up with the 7-9-0 division winner getting a freakin' home game against the 12-4-0 wildcard team? Absolutely inexcusable. When the NFL dropped these "divisions" down to 4 teams each, that should have been the year the division winners' records became less important. I'm not saying the Hawks didn't deserve to make the playoffs, but that game should have been played in the Super Dome, not in Seattle where the team with the first losing record to ever play in the playoffs had such a huge 12th man advantage - especially during those last few drives of the Saints late in the game. Reverse the stadiums and leave the games exactly the same. Now imagine Brees starting deep in his own territory behind by 4 points, but with the crowd absolutely silent this time. You think that would not have helped them at all?

It's a very simple and logical rule change that needs to be made before next season. You win your division with a 4-12-0 record? Fine. But you will play AT the wildcards' stadium if they have at least a 5-11-0 record. If they can change the OT rule that was unchanged for 75 years, they can certainly change that one.

Jackson without question.

Lets keep perspective here. This question is posed after a once in a lifetime play made by Lynch against one of the softest secondary performance I have seen ever in the playoffs. Other than this one play, he had the productivity of what equates to what a quarterback or 3rd string running back rushes for on some teams this year. His season was horrible. Lynch did what we new he could do and that is break tackles. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Lynch is simply a one dimensional back. Every dog has his day. Good for him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You're welcome, Seattle Seahawks fans. "Beast Mode" is the what that run is called. And to think their Seattle had a Dick Jauron 7-9-0 and ended up winning a home playoff game. Somewhere Dick is either laughing or crying. He replicated that 7-9-0 record 3 consecutive years and did not get one damn AFC East Championship out of them!

And talk about getting the last laugh. Nix took a former first round draft pick in only the fourth year of his still promising career, and traded him away for a whopping 4th round pick in this coming draft. And as if that wasn't bad enough at the time, Marshawn made Nix look like a bumbling old man in front of a national TV audience in the biggest game of his career, kicking it into Beast Mode when the Hawks needed him the most. Yes sir, gotta love these moves our Bills' managment make year after year after losing year.

Hey Buddy, maybe you could muster up a 3rd rounder for Kyle Williams next year, huh?? As you can tell, I never thought the Bills should have traded Lynch at all, and of course I thought the Spiller pick was beyond stupid. Oh well, maybe Lynch will do lousy the rest of the playoffs, and get arrested during the off season and Buddy will be vindicated for dumping him for nothing. But my guess is that Marshawn will go an and play well the rest of these playoffs, clean up his act out in Seattle, and have a fine NFL career.

Talking about beyond stupid, what's up with the 7-9-0 division winner getting a freakin' home game against the 12-4-0 wildcard team? Absolutely inexcusable. When the NFL dropped these "divisions" down to 4 teams each, that should have been the year the division winners' records became less important. I'm not saying the Hawks didn't deserve to make the playoffs, but that game should have been played in the Super Dome, not in Seattle where the team with the first losing record to ever play in the playoffs had such a huge 12th man advantage - especially during those last few drives of the Saints late in the game. Reverse the stadiums and leave the games exactly the same. Now imagine Brees starting deep in his own territory behind by 4 points, but with the crowd absolutely silent this time. You think that would not have helped them at all?

It's a very simple and logical rule change that needs to be made before next season. You win your division with a 4-12-0 record? Fine. But you will play AT the wildcards' stadium if they have at least a 5-11-0 record. If they can change the OT rule that was unchanged for 75 years, they can certainly change that one.

Ok it was a nice run, but the blocking on it was awesome, #65 completely blows up a man at the line of scrimmage and he had help all the way downfield. The defense had bad angles on him, played flat, and has been weak against the run all year.

Win - win for both Lynch and the Bills. Great run by Lynch but then watching his sideline antics after (spiking the ball by their bench and acting like a kid playing Pop Warner Football who scored his first touchdown) and you realize that he is still an immature punk. I will take the 4th this year and 5th next year all day long!

I am going to agree with you. Here is a list of players ranked 4th Round right now. Whoever ends up there in April, the point is, it frees us up to deal picks, addresses need, and gives us 2 players instead of that immature punk.

Jarvis Jenkins DE34 Clemson

Pat Devlin QB Delaware

Kendrick Ellis DT34 Hampton

Quinton Carter FS Oklahoma

Titus Young WRF Boise State

Sione Fua DT34 Stanford

Don'ta Hightower ILB Alabama

It was a great run, no doubt....but this is the problem with many teams and/or GMs in professional sports: they see one play or one game and figure it happens all the time, rather than looking at the entire body of work......(see Maybin, Aaron)

Lynch topped 4.0 ypc four times all year before the playoffs. He had a less than 3.0 ypc average 6 times during the season. Those are not numbers I want from a feature back. FJ averaged 4.0 ypc eight times and was held under 3.0 four times, against better competition. Not fantastic numbers, but better.

You can say "I told you so" all you like, but I prefer to look at the entire body of work (greatest ypc avg was 4.1 while FJ's worst season is 4.2), his obvious disdain for Buffalo and his run-ins with the law.

Based on your sarcastic reasoning, Sam Bowie was a great pick for the Blazers, Ryan Leaf should have worked out in SD and Mike Mamula should be heading to the Hall of Fame.

It shows you're ignorant when you blame YPC on a RB and not an OL. You also ignore that the Seaguzzards used Lynch in most short yardage and power packages to get the tough yrds and used the other guy in wide up scenarios that generally result in higher yardage gains. Lynch was very appreciated by fans in Seattle this year and I am sure they are even more pleased now.

PS stats are stupid.

Talking about beyond stupid, what's up with the 7-9-0 division winner getting a freakin' home game against the 12-4-0 wildcard team? Absolutely inexcusable.

I disagree. The Seahawks won their division fair and square and deserved a home playoff game. It's not he first time a team with a better wildcard record has had an away game. If the Seahawks were 11-5, would they 'deserve" a home game?

Division winners should always have one home game, no question about it. Doesn't matter what their record is, IMHO.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.