A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) I think that it is settled. Brohm is a comedy show at QB. Albany, NY, take a bow. Btw, Fitz, who is not at all noted for arm strength, has twice his arm, and is more skilled in every other phase of the position.

2) I am here to take my lumps. Yes, I thought that the Bills would romp today and screw up their draft slot. If I was a gambler, I would have bet huge money against them. But you know what? It sure is great to have a forum to make predictions. Thanks SDS, and thanks to the mods for doing the work on this great site.

3) With 4:15 left in th half, Spiller called for a fair catch on a punt. Problem was there was nobody within 6 or 7 miles of him. Not yards, miles. :doh:

4) OMG, did you see McKelvin get shoved off the field on the 3rd and 17 play? Shutdown corner? Please.....he is a horror show and yes, another Jauron bust. That's right, he is a bust. Only don't tell Nix, whereas they might draft another 1st round corner.

5) Moats really does have a chance to be a special player. How would Courtney Upshaw from Alabama look on the other side? :thumbsup:

6) Speaking of McKelvin, he was out and out smoked by Edwards on that 3rd qtr. TD. Is he really much better than Reggie Corner?

7) OK.....I have a confession to make. I wanted the Bills to lose today. I should be able to shrug it off but it sucked, and I don't know if I can do this again. I love this team, but drafting at 4 is WAY different than drafting at 8 or 9. Still, it left me with a knot in my stomach.

8) I see good things in Carrington. He took on 2 blockers on one play. I'm telling you, this kid is going to be good.

9) Bell played well today. This if you like small, weak tackles who give up sacks and penalties. Jason Taylor, at the age of 90, ate him up.

10) I want to personally thank each and every poster who takes the time to read, and respond to my weekly rants. Thanks for such great dialogue.

11) Personally, I prefer the offseason on TBD to the regular season. I hope that many of you stick around. There are people here who never cease to amaze me with both their knowledge of the draft, and how much work they put into it.

12) Anyway, now it's on. We can build a football team with the 4th pick in every round. Hope abounds yet again. For us. :)

13) Happy New Year and may God bless you all.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it embarrassing to watch the Jets never throw a pass and go right down the field with a ton of backups playing for them.

Was it my imagination or did the blitz packages of the last few weeks disappear today? I am thinking Chan and Buddy were not upset with the loss today.

OMG, did you see McKelvin get shoved off the field on the 3rd and 17 play?

Edited by Lofton80

Thanks Bill.

By the way, did you or anyone else see Maybin out there today? I had 3 guys over & I wasn't paying that much attention to fringe players & I seemed to have missed him entirely, if he played.

He was in there. The only time I remember seeing him was after a play was over...

And thanks right back to you, Bill. I've looked forward to and enjoyed your thoughts every Sunday evening/Monday morning.

Bill...I liked #7 rant the Best.

I didn't even bother to watch the game....I knew they would lose big. Drafting lower in the draft hurts this team more. We just need to hit on our 1st and 2nd rounders big time this year.

But if we draft well next year on D I might have hope for next year.

I also believe this form is better during the offseason as well.

Keep posting.

Thanks Bill. Good insight.

I thought McKelvin actually had decent coverage on the TD, though. No biggie.

I am ready to move on from every other bust from previous regimes except him. I suppose it's because I've seen him make plays before. And no, Donte's pick verse TB two years ago on a screen pass which fell right into his hands does not count as making a play. Leodis deserves another year, but he seems not to have learned much in his time here.

Thanks for the insights, Bill. As an out-of-town Bills fan without DirecTV, I look forward to your recaps to give me a fans perspective. And from what I can tell from talking to those back in Buffalo, you're usually pretty spot on. Looking forward to more in the offseason.

Thanks Bill.

By the way, did you or anyone else see Maybin out there today? I had 3 guys over & I wasn't paying that much attention to fringe players & I seemed to have missed him entirely, if he played.

He played some. I remember him celebrating a non-tackle in the 3rd quarter.

Another good year from you. D has to come first. then the O

Until the OL is settled, this team will suck. That said Mead, I can't help it....I want the Bills to draft Ryan Mallett. And, I should know better. The thing is, I have not seen a player with an arm like his in a long, long time. To put it in perspective, he has, imo, a much better arm than Dan Marino.

If they don't take Mallett, I am hoping for a trade down.

Jmo.