I'll be eating nothing but lentils in 2011

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night coming Sage..urgh gotta be getting tough.

My menu for today

Oatmeal with Walnuts this morning, Greek yogurt with blackberries as a snack, leftover grilled greek marinated chicken breast on argula with low fat feta for lunch, and for dinner some wacked baked"fish and chips wifey found.

Not the geatest menu in the world, but damn better than lentils

pepperoni is sausage.

True, but order you pizza by saying pepperoni and pepperoni and see if you get what is commonly called "sausage" on the pizza menu.

baked"fish and chips wifey found.

Some things in life should just be left alone. In my book fish fry with chips is one of them. No doubt, especially as I get older, I am eliminating fried foods but man once and a great while you just have to dive in for a good greasy fish fry (and don't eat it with low carb beer as your beverage :thumbdown: ).

I fear sage's lentils might be more satisfying than what your lovely wife is serving up tonight. :D

I've missed a few days, but we've had Grilled marinated prok chops the other night, and yesterday was sausage pasta with bowties, peas, and homemade alfredo sauce.

Tonight we're going out to Cabo's, a great little joint around here, and i'm having a tough time deciding between their famous Cabos burger, or their crab-cake burger.

I've missed a few days, but we've had Grilled marinated prok chops the other night, and yesterday was sausage pasta with bowties, peas, and homemade alfredo sauce.

Tonight we're going out to Cabo's, a great little joint around here, and i'm having a tough time deciding between their famous Cabos burger, or their crab-cake burger.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, go for the crab-cake burger, it sounds yummylicious. You can give us a review of it afterwards.

True, but order you pizza by saying pepperoni and pepperoni as nd see if you get what is commonly called "sausage" on the pizza menu.

Some things in life should just be left alone. In my book fish fry with chips is one of them. No doubt, especially as I get older, I am eliminating fried foods but man once and a great while you just have to dive in for a good greasy fish fry (and don't eat it with low carb beer as your beverage :thumbdown: ).

I fear sage's lentils might be more satisfying than what your lovely wife is serving up tonight. :D

One of the joys of living in Buffalo is friday fish fry :thumbsup: I think I went to Hoaks? on rt 5. Does that still exist? The place by Hamburg beach.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

True, but order you pizza by saying pepperoni and pepperoni and see if you get what is commonly called "sausage" on the pizza menu.

Ahh, so true. If it were I only ate fried foods once in a while :oops: So, in my effort to cut back to only a couple times a month, i am a trying this. Not expecting much..never have had a "oven fried chicken" worth a damn either.

Also, I do all the cooking in the house, so my heavy hand tends t leadto a heavy belly LOL

BTW, whatever happened to Shake N Bake? Man we ate that a ton growing up.

Ahh, so true. If it were I only ate fried foods once in a while :oops: So, in my effort to cut back to only a couple times a month, i am a trying this. Not expecting much..never have had a "oven fried chicken" worth a damn either.

Also, I do all the cooking in the house, so my heavy hand tends t leadto a heavy belly LOL

BTW, whatever happened to Shake N Bake? Man we ate that a ton growing up.

Shake N Bake

Homemade version - Link