I'll be eating nothing but lentils in 2011

Well good I'm Glad you understand my thoughts on the matter.

Unlike dense as granite Dean.

Merry Christmas to you also, and I suggest you hike the Mt Marcy region. The only above timber line I know of in NY.

I think your dealer sold you some seriously bad weed.

:lol:

No weed today. Yet.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The store's are all closed. Put a Green bud in the microwave. It works, I know. Smoke after 1 minute.

Oh, I have the inventory and it is in excellent shape. Truth is, I just don't smoke all that often, or all that much when I do.

I may opt to take a couple of puffs before bed, and skip the pain meds. That's a healthy trade-off, IMO.

OK I kinda see what you are after, but skip the lentil thing. Go on a two week backpacking trip-a real backpacking trip, not staying in a campground. Just you and 30 lbs of gear. Wake up day after day in a damp sleeping bag in a cold tent with no where else to go. Discover your water purifier has frozen, the stove is out of fuel, and the mice ripped open your bag and took all the chocolate. Your boots and socks are wet and you try to dry them by a open fire and just succeed in burning them.

Thats just a typical NY hiking trip and believe me I have been in far worse situations in Alaska.

Every day I wake up in a warm dry bed I thank God. That will do much more for you're appreciation of life's comforts then a year of eating seeds.

If that's a typical trip, you suck at backpacking.

:lol:

Join the Army. Spend Months in the field. You'll find what you're looking for.

He didn't say army, he said it was his typical trip. I've been on plenty of backpacking trips (from 2 days to 2 weeks) in all kinds of weather, and have never had the problems Jim has. A little prep work goes a long way.

He didn't say army, he said it was his typical trip. I've been on plenty of backpacking trips (from 2 days to 2 weeks) in all kinds of weather, and have never had the problems Jim has. A little prep work goes a long way.

Please take this argument to a non lentil thread. I want to keep this space clear for when Sage finds out Beerboy bought up all the lentils and dumped them into the area surrounding Nantucket.

Please take this argument to a non lentil thread. I want to keep this space clear for when Sage finds out Beerboy bought up all the lentils and dumped them into the area surrounding Nantucket.

Really?? And they thought it was snow. God they're dumb in the NE.

1. I believe in testing the limits of our human experience. Now, this isn't to suggest that solitary consumption of a nutritious food is some sort of torture. I'm well in tune with the fact that a good portion of the world would kill for such a diet. However, having been raised and developed in a way that stressed dietary variety, I believe it will be more than a significant test of my will and spirit.

2. I want to develop a deeper appreciation for the simple joys in life. Too often, good-tasting foods act as something of a petty treat as a substitute for true visceral experiences. In a way, I will be enhancing all other experiences by denying myself the most readily available of them. By introducing a high degree of blandness into my dietary life, I must seek thrills elsewhere. Sights, sounds, smells will all become more profound...at least, that's the plan.

Jack London rode the rails for a couple of years. Ernest Hemingway drank his way through the Spanish Civil War. Teddy Roosevelt went on a two-month African safari. Frances Drake sailed around the world. Edmund Hillary climbed Mount Everest. Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.

You're eating nothing but beans for a year.

Edited by DC Tom

Jack London rode the rails for a couple of years. Ernest Hemingway drank his way through the Spanish Civil War. Teddy Roosevelt went on a two-month African safari. Frances Drake sailed around the world. Edmund Hillary climbed Mount Everest. Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.

You're eating nothing but beans for a year.

If I have eaten beans a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.