I'll be eating nothing but lentils in 2011

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Sage, it just occurred to me...a diet of nothing but lentils for a year could actually kill you. Seriously.

But you know...you survive a year of lentilmania, or you kick in a few months. Either is a perfectly valid experimental result.

You might like this...

Two Trucks. Two Legacies. One Delicious Debate.

...this rivalry is a strange one, indeed. As if it weren’t odd enough to have drunken students waiting in the chilly Ithaca pre-dawn for a bite of a meatball sub, many students hold fast to their favorite truck with an almost admirable, albeit strange, persistence...it became imminently clear a few years ago that sophomores and freshmen preferred Louie’s Lunch to the Hot Truck. Conversely, juniors and seniors were indefinitely more apt to reply that Hot Truck was their preferred late-night source of what some call “drunk food.”

It was all food was "drunk food" in my day - my personal favorite was the triple-sui from The Hot Truck...

Tasty-Ass Sandwiches of the Ivy League: The Hot Truck Triple Suicide

Mmmmm....just put another clothespin on my aorta please :beer:

(I wonder they serve lentils?)

post-2970-088636000 1295474999_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Is this dude dead?

He's not quite dead yet...he's pinin'. He's pinin' for the fjords. And real food.

You know, when I first read what he was planning, one of my first thoughts was "This sounds like the kind of stupid stunt I'd have expected from stojan about eight years ago." How times change...

He's not quite dead yet...he's pinin'. He's pinin' for the fjords. And real food.

You know, when I first read what he was planning, one of my first thoughts was "This sounds like the kind of stupid stunt I'd have expected from stojan about eight years ago." How times change...

Seems a marriage, a divorce, getting into my 30's and 20mg of Lexapro daily have made my posts less fun.

every year, without relent, my friend len lent me lentils for lent.

jw

Ah, len, that gentleman, meant well, but lentils are gentle (not sent well). Besides, since it's lent, just what's his intent? The time is for fasting, not leguminous repast-ing. It's much better spent in repent.