Cowher linked to Miami coaching job

PromoTheRobot

According to Mortensen: "The Dolphins may be the most intriguing option because owner Steve Ross has wanted to energize his fan base as the team has played second fiddle to the Miami Heat ever since LeBron James and Chris Bosh signed with the NBA team."

Sad that this joke of a town with their zero interest in sports gets a star-studded basketball team and potentially a great NFL head coach.

Could be a ton of HC'ing vacancies this off-season, although a lot of that depends on a new CBA. Dols, Bengals, Texans, maybe Titans, Broncos, maybe Raiders, maybe Vikings, Panthers, 49'ers, and Cardinals.

Unless Adams is more senile than Pay Bowlen, no way Fisher is fired.

If Fisher was the coach here, we would have called for his head a long time ago. The guy is egotistical, he airs his dirty laundry with players, and he hasn't won consistently. I think it is crazy that he still has a job.

Man I hate to disagree with you again, WEO but most of the stuff I have read (and I read entirely too much NFL stuff) has Fisher on very thin ice…as in likely to get fired.

Fisher lost a lot of support amongst ownership, fans, and media last year when the team started 0-6 and Fisher refused to play Vince Young.

Finally Bud Adams pulled rank and insisted that Young be made the starting quarterback and the Titans finished 8-2 under Young, narrowly missing the playoffs only due to Fisher's egotistical stubbornness.

It was almost identical to what happened in Carolina with John Fox, Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore, and Jerry Richardson last year.

Like with Shanahan in Denver, Fisher and Fox have undermined their own tenures with obstinance and ego…and have acted childishly by being passively aggressive towards ownership through the media.

Fisher might have to win out to retain his job. Today's win was a good start.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I have heard Bill Cowher say he will never talk about a job that is already taken. Sure there are rumors going around, but I highly doubt he walks around with a little Christmas list of teams he would like to coach in his back pocket. Now that his wife has passed away (which is what I think kept him from returning to coach sooner) he will seriously entertain intriguing offers and return to coaching whenever the NFL and it's players get their heads out of their asses and get a new CBA hashed out.

Edited by machinegun12

Unless the Dolphins make their team a football team instead of just a business they will not land Cowher. This seems like a plant by someone in the Fins office. The Fins have not ran their football program like a serious organization in a long time, if ever. When Shula was there with Marino and the rest of them they were more a glitz and glam team. With their celebrity owners and their apathetic community Cowher would burried under the other attractions in down. Then, again, that is maybe what he wants, somewhere he can go and work privately, because we've seen this week the media in Miami is a complete joke.

We known Denver, Minnesota and Carolina will be hiring new coaches. Fox's contract is up and the ownership has said it will not renew him. The Giants, Bears, Chargers, Fins, Raiders, Titans, 49'ers, Bengals, and my wildcard could be Shannahan leaving Washington. I think between his stubborn personality and Snyders brashness both could part ways, Shannahan decided to ride off in to the sunset after this blunder and Snyder wanting to make a splash in the headlines. This 1 year for them has sent them back years.

Man I hate to disagree with you again, WEO but most of the stuff I have read (and I read entirely too much NFL stuff) has Fisher on very thin ice…as in likely to get fired.

I said that last year. The Titans have been limping for 10 years, their playoff year against us was a fluke, Fisher will be done and join the commentators in the booth.

Bears, Bengals, Fins, 49'ers, Raiders and Titans will have coaching positions open.

Cowher is linked to various jobs all the time. I think we should know by now that until there is a actual source for these rumors that you shouldn't expect anything.

Fwiw, he wants to be the head coach of the NYGiants.

I have no idea whether the Giants themselves are interested, though.

If today's meltdown ends up costing the Giants the division and they proceed to lose a wildcard game in New Orleans because of it, things could get very uncomfortable for Tom Coughlin if the Giants are as interested in Cowher as he is in them.

If Chin really is interested in Miami I find that interesting because other than the obvious locale differences between Miami and Buffalo, what makes the fish a better team to coach than the Bills? They seem to be almost as much of a train wreck as the Bills at this point. Why would Chin have interest in coaching at Miami now and not Buffalo last year.

If Chin really is interested in Miami I find that interesting because other than the obvious locale differences between Miami and Buffalo, what makes the fish a better team to coach than the Bills? They seem to be almost as much of a train wreck as the Bills at this point. Why would Chin have interest in coaching at Miami now and not Buffalo last year.

Because his wife was still alive?