Lee Evans is a Pansy

Stussy109

Has he ever layed out for a ball that is 5 inches off his fingertips in his life? He is one of the highest paid players on the team, and is supposed to be setting an example for the younger guys make 10% of what he is. At this point in his career, it is very clear he is just doing a job collecting his paycheck.

Has he ever layed out for a ball that is 5 inches off his fingertips in his life? He is one of the highest paid players on the team, and is supposed to be setting an example for the younger guys make 10% of what he is. At this point in his career, it is very clear he is just doing a job collecting his paycheck.

Wha ??

Yeah it's Lee's fault.

No NFL-caliber left or right tackle, linebacker, tight end, cornerback or passrusher on the roster.

Let's blame Lee.

The point isn't that all of the Bills woes can be attributed to Evans. The point, as I understood it, is that he is not producing at a level that is even remotely close to his obscene salary. That is evidenced by his mediocre statistics, and the cowardly way he plays football. Even last weeks analyst, who would probably be oblivious to the press box being set on fire, mentioned on two separate occasions that Evans appeared scared to go after the football.

Edited by Nostradamus

If you're referencing the long ball Fitz threw into the endzone I agree. I like Lee....but dive for the ball.

It's because of his contract that Bills fans zero in on him after every loss. There were so many lost battles today I wouldn't know where to begin. And I don't pay Lee's salary so his non-performance doesn't drive me nuts. But for some reason, blue collar Bills fans seem to always have it in for wealthy athletes. I could go a step farther here, but I won't.

It looked like he took a solid hit after making a catch down the sideline today and that was when we were already out of the game.

It's because of his contract that Bills fans zero in on him after every loss. There were so many lost battles today I wouldn't know where to begin. And I don't pay Lee's salary so his non-performance doesn't drive me nuts. But for some reason, blue collar Bills fans seem to always have it in for wealthy athletes. I could go a step farther here, but I won't.

It makes you wonder who's the cheapskate Ralph or Bills fans? It's funny how for Ralph being as cheap as he is, we have all these overpaid players on the team.

I think we can all infer what you are suggesting, so you might as well play that card, even though it's absolutely ludicrous. The fact is Lee's production has dropped DRAMATICALLY ever since he inked that huge contract after having an excellent beginning to the 2008 season. It's also true that Solomon Wilcox last week, the 'wealthy' TV broadcaster, twice pointed out that Evans appeared afraid to go after the football. Being afraid to get hit is probably the single most on-field action that a player can do to alienate a fan base. The anger is aggravated when the gutless football player is one of he highest paid players in the NFL.

This team has been inept offensively ever since he arrived, until this year where he has taken a back seat to Johnson and Parrish. He has been one of the constants in a decade of futility, and to that end, many Bills fans are frustrated and actually want a legitimate number one receiver on the team. Meaning, a number one that can do more then run a fly route. Or, a number one that isn't afraid to go after the football or go across, God forbid, the middle of the field.

But, hey, maybe we just don't like him because he is 'wealthy.'

I don't think anyone misses T.O. more than Lee Evans for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which being the lightning rod for criticism at the #1 WR position. If you can fault Buddy and Chan for one thing it would be miscalculating T.O.'s fuel gage.

I think we can all infer what you are suggesting, so you might as well play that card, even though it's absolutely ludicrous. The fact is Lee's production has dropped DRAMATICALLY ever since he inked that huge contract after having an excellent beginning to the 2008 season. It's also true that Solomon Wilcox last week, the 'wealthy' TV broadcaster, twice pointed out that Evans appeared afraid to go after the football. Being afraid to get hit is probably the single most on-field action that a player can do to alienate a fan base. The anger is aggravated when the gutless football player is one of he highest paid players in the NFL.

This team has been inept offensively ever since he arrived, until this year where he has taken a back seat to Johnson and Parrish. He has been one of the constants in a decade of futility, and to that end, many Bills fans are frustrated and actually want a legitimate number one receiver on the team. Meaning, a number one that can do more then run a fly route. Or, a number one that isn't afraid to go after the football or go across, God forbid, the middle of the field.

But, hey, maybe we just don't like him because he is 'wealthy.'

Marvin Harrison avoided hits in the same way. WRs who don't take care of their bodies don't last long.

Wanting a true number one WR is a legitimate point. Attacking Evans after this game, where he couldn't have made any real difference, is at best pointless and at worst mean-spirited.

Yes, lets not forget Lee doesn't make any tackles unless its at least 5 yards down field....oh sorry wrong argument.

It looked like he took a solid hit after making a catch down the sideline today and that was when we were already out of the game.

There is a difference between taking a hard hit from the side and being pushed out of bounds and getting hit hard, possibly twice and possibly in the face, on a play over the middle.

I really don't care about his salary, his lack of toughness is disappointing. He hardly saw a pass over the middle for most of his career, but in this offense he is called to make plays over the middle and he is just plain scared.

The team needs to dig out of it's losing ways and they need fighters. His lack of toughness was also underscored last week because of the matchup against Hines Ward, a player of similar build and probably less talent who is a far better and more impactful player because of the toughness he plays with.

Marvin Harrison avoided hits in the same way. WRs who don't take care of their bodies don't last long.

Wanting a true number one WR is a legitimate point. Attacking Evans after this game, where he couldn't have made any real difference, is at best pointless and at worst mean-spirited.

Harrison didn't pull up and play tentatively over the middle. He caught the ball and got down. Lee's arms get real short over the middle.

Are you coming to the Browns vs Bills game?

If you're referencing the long ball Fitz threw into the endzone I agree. I like Lee....but dive for the ball.

Yes...it was 5 inches off of his finger tips, and he refuses to dive to the ground or stretch out for it. Sacrifice your body a little for your 8 million dollar salary, c;mon man. This isn't the first time either. He appears to be going through the motions, with corners out playing him for the ball.

I'm just saying, someone on the team has to call him out publicly, it's totally obvious. I understand we're 2-10 and what not, but ypu're still getting paid to produce.

Just for reference, I'm far from a blue collar "buffalo" person. It has nothing to do with money and it has everything to do with people all around him out hustling him ie. stevie johnson outperforming outhustling him, and sacrificing their body for the few extra yards like fred jackson, and david nelson. Our QB lays out for blocks more than lee evans lays out for a touchdown pass, just saying. You either have the fire and care, or you just go through the motions. For me its easy to see.

Running out of bounds after you catch the ball is just one point of what I'm saying here, but for me, I'm most frustrated that he's NOT catching the ball due to not wanting to take a dive, or outhustle the corner on a jump ball

Are you coming to the Browns vs Bills game?

50/50...its a long drive for me, the steelers game was the first game I skipped. Why whats up?

Why is it that when people have criticisms of Lee Evans,others shift the conversation to how bad or LT or O line is or some other reason.

We have a legitimate # 2 WR now so Lee shouldn't be double covered all the time now and he should have more catches. Lee likes making the long over the shoulder catches and he can also make the sideline catch getting both feet in, but he doesn't go over the middle and he doesn't lay out for a catch either, he is kinda wimpy in that regard. I think we have seen his best games and maybe we should move him down the road for a 3rd or 4th round pick and move on. Draft a guy like AJ Green and let him and Steve take over. IF you want to keep Lee for another year so he can tutor green That's fine then trade him. IN the meantime, we should also dump Roscoe !

The point isn't that all of the Bills woes can be attributed to Evans. The point, as I understood it, is that he is not producing at a level that is even remotely close to his obscene salary. That is evidenced by his mediocre statistics, and the cowardly way he plays football. Even last weeks analyst, who would probably be oblivious to the press box being set on fire, mentioned on two separate occasions that Evans appeared scared to go after the football.

NFL should be incentive based - Min. base salary + $ for personal achievement and $$ for team achievement (to keep the players honest). Base salary, like every other business in the world, would be based on achievement, not time.

Enough of my ranting. He's having a rough season, but I wouldn't say he's not trying. No one can comment on that but Lee. Let's hope he returns to form next season and go from there.

You are 100% correct, replace Lee Evans and we are Super Bowl bound. Wow, what a clueless post. Evans hasn't had a real quarterback since Bledsoe left, check out his numbers then. The rest of the league knows what he can do, that is why he gets double teamed all the time so Fitz can throw to Stevie "Stone Hands" Johnson so he can drop game winning perfect passes. That is one thing on this site that really has to make one shake their heads, is how some people get a hatred for a player, and are blind to seeing anything they accomplish or what is around them. Evans was about the only offense we had yesterday, and that wasn't much because Fitz didn't have time to check down, and if he did he threw an interception. Get a clue and maybe you can drop this blind hatred for certain players. After the game McFumble had, I don't know how you can single out a player without singling out him first.

I think you are being detrimental to all the Pansies out there that try hard. Once Lee got his raise, Lee quit.

You are 100% correct, replace Lee Evans and we are Super Bowl bound. Wow, what a clueless post. Evans hasn't had a real quarterback since Bledsoe left, check out his numbers then. The rest of the league knows what he can do, that is why he gets double teamed all the time so Fitz can throw to Stevie "Stone Hands" Johnson so he can drop game winning perfect passes. That is one thing on this site that really has to make one shake their heads, is how some people get a hatred for a player, and are blind to seeing anything they accomplish or what is around them. Evans was about the only offense we had yesterday, and that wasn't much because Fitz didn't have time to check down, and if he did he threw an interception. Get a clue and maybe you can drop this blind hatred for certain players. After the game McFumble had, I don't know how you can single out a player without singling out him first.

It is never Lee's fault that Lee doesn't try to catch balls thrown to him. It is never Lee's fault when he fumbles. It is never Lee's fault that he shies away from contact. But it is because of Lee merely being on the field that Johnson, Jones, Parrish and Nelson outproduce him. Your logic is skewed. If this were the case, all #1 receivers in the league would average 40 catches, 500 yards and three touchdowns a year. Lee should be on a team with Ochocinqo and Steve Smith -- two other washed up has beens that way the three could all stink up the place together.

I saw that play and I thought he could have tried to make a play for it.

That being said, Lee was not the problem yesterday - losing both of our centers and getting completely man-handled off the snap were two of the big issues, having Leodis pull his usual brain-farts comes in as a strong third, coming in fourth was giving up another 200+ yards rushing to an opposing team. I am not sure if Whitner could have slowed up on his hit on T-Jack, but that personal foul hurt as well.

I never understand the focus on our receivers when the only way a Bills QB can hit them is if he can throw from his back. Gailey pretty much summed it up in his post press conference although he resisted throwing Leodis McKnucklehead under the bus.

Give me a break. Evans has been essentially untouchable for years. Oh Lee's getting double covered, poor Lee. If we could just get someone on the other side to help him out. Well guess what, we got someone on the other side, someone in the middle, someone who can run the ball, and this pusssssy still doesn't fight for the ball. Even Kelso said on the pregame that Lee hasn't been facing double coverage this year. He can't get off press coverage and he doesn't go over the middle. How can anyone justify this dude being the highest paid player in franchise history?

Time for a pay cut.

I'll 2nd most of that, Nostra. Plus, I didn't really get Coach's point as the OP never said everything was as a result of Evans.

and Bills Freak, its obvious that you have a boner for this dude. How else could you explain your defense of a critique, which in many observers minds is valid. Yeah the team stinks, the LBs suck, the o-line is in shambles, but guess what? Lb's don't play offense, our offensive line looked pretty good for the past 5 weeks and our Qb was outplaying most of the QBs we played, so where was Lee those games? Running around with T-Rex arms. Our 2 undrafted rookie receivers have been more involved in the offense then Mr. Franchise. Defend him if you want, obviously you've been around here for awhile so Lee's probably your guy, but just know that your living in the past. Evans hasn't been our number 1 receiver in 2 years.

Give me a break. Evans has been essentially untouchable for years. Oh Lee's getting double covered, poor Lee. If we could just get someone on the other side to help him out. Well guess what, we got someone on the other side, someone in the middle, someone who can run the ball, and this pusssssy still doesn't fight for the ball. Even Kelso said on the pregame that Lee hasn't been facing double coverage this year. He can't get off press coverage and he doesn't go over the middle. How can anyone justify this dude being the highest paid player in franchise history?

Time for a pay cut.

I posed that question in the thread last week, but I don't think anyone answered it... B-)

Did you wake up out of a long slumber or something? At the very least, you could have pick a Monday after, where he had a horrific or semi bad game.

And specifically to your point, he did lay out for a ball over the middle that was 5 inches beyond his fingertips but he caught it. 3 catches for 80. Yea he could show more on some Sundays but this day he stepped up.

I saw that play and I thought he could have tried to make a play for it.

That being said, Lee was not the problem yesterday - losing both of our centers and getting completely man-handled off the snap were two of the big issues, having Leodis pull his usual brain-farts comes in as a strong third, coming in fourth was giving up another 200+ yards rushing to an opposing team. I am not sure if Whitner could have slowed up on his hit on T-Jack, but that personal foul hurt as well.

I never understand the focus on our receivers when the only way a Bills QB can hit them is if he can throw from his back. Gailey pretty much summed it up in his post press conference although he resisted throwing Leodis McKnucklehead under the bus.

I agree. The O line far 'outplayed' him in the mess department. As I said above, I like Evans....but I can't think why a receiver in that position wouldn't even attempt to make a play. No excuse is going to satisfy me. The only ones that would 'make sense' are selfishness, being a wuss, and simply not caring........Just dive for the stupid ball.

Did you wake up out of a long slumber or something? At the very least, you could have pick a Monday after, where he had a horrific or semi bad game.

And specifically to your point, he did lay out for a ball over the middle that was 5 inches beyond his fingertips but he caught it. 3 catches for 80. Yea he could show more on some Sundays but this day he stepped up.

Did you watch the game without your contacts on, or were you too busy woofing down wings? Stats don't speak to the plays i'm mentioning. I'm talking about not trying 100% on some plays late in the games, most recent one I can recall is the pass that was 5 inches off his hand for a touchdown.

Maybe chan gailey was referring to lee evan's lack of effort when he wouldn't reveal what he had learned about the team lol. Personally, i think evans has been a quality receiver for us but would gladly take a third round draft pick for him. I know that a draft pick is a risk but the more draft picks we compile the better chance we have of landing future stud players.

Maybe chan gailey was referring to lee evan's lack of effort when he wouldn't reveal what he had learned about the team lol. Personally, i think evans has been a quality receiver for us but would gladly take a third round draft pick for him. I know that a draft pick is a risk but the more draft picks we compile the better chance we have of landing future stud players.

It wouldn't surprise me. Vets are supposed to lead by example, and give their absolute best effort. He probably didn't want to skin up his elbow.

Desean Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Dez Bryant, (I could go on) all did not dive for slightly overthrown balls, that would have been touchdowns. they must all be "pansies" :rolleyes:

Desean Jackson, Reggie Wayne...these two make plays week in and week out while double covered. :thumbsup:

Desean Jackson, Reggie Wayne...these two make plays week in and week out while double covered. :thumbsup:

Wrong. DeSean has been crucified by the media lately for shying away from contact because he ADMITTEDLY is worried about getting hurt while in a contract year.

The fact that folks use him as a counter-example to Evans speaks volumes about the football knowledge that goes into the criticism of Evans.

The Bills get blown off of the ball on all fronts on Sunday. Evans catches everything thrown his way except one overthrown ball, and people want his head.

He may not be a number one WR. But then, we don't need him to be - we have unexpected riches at the position. So again I ask, who cares, and why focus on it after this game in particular? Focus your jusifiable anger somewhere else...