Have we won some exposure for next year?

dayman

83 members have voted

1. 1. How many Sunday/Monay night games will we see next year?

Obviously we had every single game at 1pm on Sunday this year. Have we created enough excitement and buzz with our crazy play as of late to get a few games next year? While we are losing we play exciting games and you have to assume we are at least slowly walking in the right direction. If nothing else we seem to make sports talk each week now, haha. We have a few offensive names now and some young talent. As of late we seem to back down to nobody in terms of play, although yes we constantly lose. Hell, Cornheiser said today on PTI we've become his favorite team to watch. 2nd weak in a row S. Johnson got Chris CArters "c'mon man" in the pregame before Monday night.

So, what do you think. How many games will we get next year on Sunday/Monday night?

Obviously we had every single game at 1pm on Sunday this year. Have we created enough excitement and buzz with our crazy play as of late to get a few games next year? While we are losing we play exciting games and you have to assume we are at least slowly walking in the right direction. If nothing else we seem to make sports talk each week now, haha. We have a few offensive names now and some young talent. As of late we seem to back down to nobody in terms of play, although yes we constantly lose. Hell, Cornheiser said today on PTI we've become his favorite team to watch. 2nd weak in a row S. Johnson got Chris CArters "c'mon man" in the pregame before Monday night.

So, what do you think. How many games will we get next year on Sunday/Monday night?

I don't see us getting a Sunday/Monday night game until we are a legit playoff contender.

We go to Dallas next season, so we've got a 50/50 shot at a thanksgiving day game. (Dallas hosts the interconference turkey day game) That being said, i think the NFL definitely picks whoever else goes to dallas from our division to play that day.

We go to Dallas next season, so we've got a 50/50 shot at a thanksgiving day game. (Dallas hosts the interconference turkey day game) That being said, i think the NFL definitely picks whoever else goes to dallas from our division to play that day.

Cmon, as long as Brady is playing, ain't no way he is not on National TV

We'll get a Sunday night game (probably in Foxboro as usual). Still a year away from a MNF game, and that's asusming next year they take a big step forward.

It's more likely to be a Monday night game, since the Sunday night games are the #1 matchups. NBC worked that into the deal when they took over - what used to be the "prime" matchup on Mondays would be moved to Sunday nights. ESPN gets what was the old Sunday night schedule.

Which other AFCE team goes there? If it's the Jets, my money's on the Jets getting the Thanksgiving game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets game gets flexed. Everyone will want to see Rex triumphantly win the AFC East but we will spoil that party.

PTR

That's in Week 17 - isn't there no Sunday night game (or is that Monday)? If there's no Sunday night game, it's possible they move the Bills-Jets to 4:15.

Edited by BuffaloWings

It's more likely to be a Monday night game, since the Sunday night games are the #1 matchups. NBC worked that into the deal when they took over - what used to be the "prime" matchup on Mondays would be moved to Sunday nights. ESPN gets what was the old Sunday night schedule.

Which other AFCE team goes there? If it's the Jets, my money's on the Jets getting the Thanksgiving game.

That's in Week 17 - isn't there no Sunday night game (or is that Monday)? If there's no Sunday night game, it's possible they move the Bills-Jets to 4:15.

Only if it doesn't conflict with the Giants. The NY teams don't usually get flexed to 4:15 because the other team has already been scheduled at that time. So unless the other team is scheduled or gets flexed to night, flexing a 1:00 game to 4:15 doesn't happen to the Jets or Giants.

I hope none, I like my football on Sunday at 1:00pm. Night games in the Nov/Dec timeframe are really cold...and out of town fnas are disadvantaged. I for one don't need the night exposure...better in the daylight. (one season ticket holders opionion)

As bad as Dallas is these days, I wonder if having america's team get the lowly Bills might satisfy the scheduling magnets who like to please.Just saying..

I beg to differ. There is a Sunday Night game on Jan 2nd. The NFL will select the game with the most playoff implications 6 days before. But if that is the criteria then it's less likely a Jets/Bills game would be the most compelling matchup.

PTR

The Bills are likely to end up 2-14 or 3-13 and even more irrelevant than last season to the majority of the country.

Why in the world would they schedule the Bills for a prime time game.

Good news is though, a good shot at all 1pm starts again.

Legit question. If we finish with 3 or 4 wins, no way we get on national TV. The Bills current level of play is inspiring to us but no one else is going to get past the 4-12 record. Zero ratings.

Dude, the Broncos got their annual Monday night game this year and will probably get another one next year even though they are a worse team and have much less of an identity than do the Bills. The Bills got those Monday night games vs. the Cowboys and the Browns even when they sucked. Wouldn't be surprised to see a night game at the Ralph early next season.