If Merriman wants to stay next year do you keep him ?

Spikes was never the same player after the achilles tear, and

based on Merriman's injuries and roid, non roid performance I dont see him getting

top dollar anywhere.

If he wants to stay do you give him more than a one year deal ?

It all depends on his contract demands.

there where reports(dont rember where i saw them..espn i think) he was pissed the bills put in a claim(as there where others)..so i question the extent of the injury and def. dont think he wants to be in buffalo

Given his health, I don't think teams are going to be lining up to sign him. I suspect he will be lucky to sign with someone.

based on Merriman's injuries and roid, non roid performance I dont see him getting

top dollar anywhere.

No, one year vet min with incentives would be fine. If he performs sign him to a long contract, if not let him go.

Merriman will follow the money - which will not be buffalo.

I've seen posts about this 1.7 mil being the "bonus" that we are giving Merriman to sign with us next year and similar theories which are garbage. Our front office made another mistake in player evalutation, period.

Merriman has serious (beyond football) issues. He is done.

Merriman will follow the money - which will not be buffalo.

I've seen posts about this 1.7 mil being the "bonus" that we are giving Merriman to sign with us next year and similar theories which are garbage. Our front office made another mistake in player evalutation, period.

Merriman has serious (beyond football) issues. He is done.

Ok so you called my post garbage. What if you are wrong? What proof do you have that he is done? If he is not and does go somewhere else next year and is probowl or at least good next year, what you are saying is you just don't want him on the team. That's garbage!

Did you ever watch the guy play when he was good? I know he sucked it up after and made mistakes because he was "using" but really, you said he is done so you must know.

top dollar anywhere.

The coaching staff will be able to tell if the guy is putting in an effort to contribute to the team. The should be rehabbing and doing what he can to contribute to the team. If he is just collecting his paycheck, I let him walk...

top dollar anywhere.

Why not? The guy probably has more career sacks than our entire team and is still young. Sign him to a reasonable 1 year deal. If he's done, so be it. I'd rather piss away a couple $million on Merriman's chances than Maybin's.