Bulldog on WGR "Fitz is just not that good"

OK. I'll take this ceiling.

On the list of things this team needs to improve, QB is down there, especially when you factor in leadership. This TEAM got better the instant Fitz took over. That would take next to forever for a rookie.

BTW, 316 yards, 4 TDs.

Yes, it is way better with Fitz then Trent...totally agree...I really like Fitz and how he plays, just not as our long term answer unless he fixes his accuracy issues.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Wasnt talking just about Fitz, was talking about the misuse of this comment I see all the time..."if a rookie did this, you would say this"...rookies and vets are not fair comparisons as rookies are still learning to adjust to the game and how to play at this level where a Vet has had much more experience to better evaluate his potential and cieling. Case in point, not one GM in football would take Fitz over Bradford right now despite the better stats.

But since you went there...are you saying Fitz doesnt have accuracy issues? How about the 10 to 14 point gift to start the game that Cincy gave us? You know the INT that was overturned by a late hit that led to our first 7 points that easily would have been 3 to 7 points for Cincy?

Big props to him for his 2nd half, but that doesnt change the fact that Fitz has accuracy issues...sorry

Either way, it was fun to watch and a great 2nd half after an embarrasing first half by all our units.

Let me ask you this Alpha and see if you agree......if Fitz was a accurate QB all of the time then he would already have been going to multiple pro bowls and we never would have been able to get him away from Cinci know?

My point is you are right.....he throws a bad ball here and there....and he throws picks....but his other strengths are making up for that.

That is why I am thinking we need to go heavy line on both sides of the ball.....linebackers.....and a GOOD Tight End.

Im not sure we would have lost a game since Fitz took over if we had a dominant defense that created turnovers.

Huh? Wasnt talking just about Fitz, was talking about the misuse of this comment I see all the time..."if a rookie did this, you would say this"...rookies and vets are not fair comparisons as rookies are still learning to adjust to the game and how to play at this level where a Vet has had much more experience to better evaluate his potential and cieling. Case in point, not one GM in football would take Fitz over Bradford right now despite the better stats.

But since you went there...are you saying Fitz doesnt have accuracy issues? How about the 10 to 14 point gift to start the game that Cincy gave us? You know the INT that was overturned by a late hit that led to our first 7 points that easily would have been 3 to 7 points for Cincy?

Big props to him for his 2nd half, but that doesnt change the fact that Fitz has accuracy issues...sorry

Either way, it was fun to watch and a great 2nd half after an embarrasing first half by all our units.

True. No one is arguing that. But, that really is his only major problem. My question, and one I can't answer, is can he improve his accuracy over time?

None the less, all QBs have bad games or bad halves and throw bad passes. The question is are they more bad than good? So far this season, I would say Fitz has been more good than bad. So, I'll readily take him as our starter. But, I do hope he can correct some of his accuracy issues.

Cuz im on the West Coast and its all I got...:(

WECK needs to do a post game show ... someone needs to for all of us who live out of town ...

Huge comeback ... Fitz poured it on and yet Bulldog still is dreaming his bizarre dreams! I think it's time for him to start a post game list game of people's favorite cities to visit because Bulldog seems more comfortable doing that then talking BILLS football after a second win in a row (I know it's not the stuff of Super Bowl titles but come on ... we want to savor this moment because these mixed up Bills have actually beaten two NFL opponents in a row including a come from behind road win where after they got screwed by the officials at the end of the 1st half the team could have just given up.).

True. No one is arguing that. But, that really is his only major problem. My question, and one I can't answer, is can he improve his accuracy over time?

None the less, all QBs have bad games or bad halves and throw bad passes. The question is are they more bad than good? So far this season, I would say Fitz has been more good than bad. So, I'll readily take him as our starter. But, I do hope he can correct some of his accuracy issues.

Kelly had more than his share of bad games. The great QBs overcome them. Too early to crown Fitz but he's shown me that he can make clutch plays. Still 6 more games to judge.

PTR

What is a reasonable number of subpar games for a QB in a 16 game season? Really. I know Brady, Manning, brees, Ben, Rivers, etc don't have 16 great games a year. What is a fair number to compare Fitz to?

3.5 duh:doh:

They are employees of the Sabres. Howard Simon was blaming the Bills for the fans early season disgust of the hockey team.

I actually like Howard Simon and Jeremy White, but that was atrocious. It actually made me call in and tell them that no, people were disappointed with the Sabres because the Sabres were playing like a big sack of crap at the time.

Fitz has played very well. There is no reason to dismiss what he has done for the Bills. In fact, one of the interceptions today was not really his fault. Evans did not come back for the ball and let the CB beat him to it.

I go back and forth on this. I think Luck is going to be a very good QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, I am not convinced that he would declare for the draft if we were to have the number one pick. Regardless of what happens, we are going to have a productive QB next year (Fitz) and be able to fill a whole by taking the best player available.