Bulldog on WGR "Fitz is just not that good"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz has played very well. There is no reason to dismiss what he has done for the Bills. In fact, one of the interceptions today was not really his fault. Evans did not come back for the ball and let the CB beat him to it.

I go back and forth on this. I think Luck is going to be a very good QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, I am not convinced that he would declare for the draft if we were to have the number one pick. Regardless of what happens, we are going to have a productive QB next year (Fitz) and be able to fill a whole by taking the best player available.

I'll take Fitz...the guy's shown he's got game. Make the man a long-term starter. Rookie QB=crapshoot

Listen I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is a bad quarterback, but he's had plenty of opportunities to prove that he's a franchise qb and he hasn't gotten it done. He has a 10-22-1 record as a starter in the league and that's not going to cut it. Fitzpatrick is a great story on a lousy Bills team, but he isn't the long term answer at qb. If you can draft a top prospect like Andrew Luck you can't pass that up. I hope the Bills are smart enough to keep Fitzpatrick around to be their backup and possibly start next year. And for those of you that think a rookie qb can't come in and have immediate success, how do you explain what the Rams are doing this year(or Matt Ryan a few years ago)? The Bills have to get an elite quarterback eventually or else there going to keep being average with a guy like Fitzpatrick.

I don't believe Fitz has hit a ceiling. I believe this is his first full year as a starter and it is his first year with this new offense and he has many qualities that you would like out of a QB. He has the team's respect and that is important. He obviously has a lot of chutzpah to come back from that disastrous first few drives. I thought he was dead in the water, believing that I was going to be seeing Brohm, but he battled back, and he did everything you could ask for out of a QB.

If Luck isn't available, it isn't the end of the world. It is quite clear to me that most of our losses are not because of our offense but because of our defense. If we can get a few good passrushers and run stuffers this team changes dramatically.

I didn't listen to much of the postgame, but from the part I heard, and from hearing him in the past - Bulldog doesn't dislike Fitz. He just doesn't think that he's a franchise quarterback, and that if you got Luck, you'd have your franchise QB.

If you were a Colts fan in '97, and you look back on it now, would you have rather have beat the Bengals or whoever that year (or how about losing that huge comeback vs. the Bills that year) or would you rather have Peyton Manning?

I heard more of S&B this week than I have in awhile, and they were ripping the Sabres for some of their management things as much as they ever ripped the Bills.

You guys are stuck in how they were 4-5 years ago.

Could not agree more!If you are a bills fan do yourself a favor and STOP listening to WGR! you will be very happy you did.

Well color me HAPPY then. I took em off my car radio a long time ago. Have Sirius so can catch the Sabres there if I want. Chris Parker (Bulldog) used to be intelligent and a good listen when he first started on WBEN, when that station still did sports. He got dumbed down just like Howard Simon. What a waste, especially Simon. When "Monday Morning Quarterback" with Larry Felser ended on WBEN that was the beginning of the end to any intelligent Bills related "talk radio". About a year or so ago I made a list of both shows (Simon, and Parker & Schopp) sponsors' when I just couldn't stand to listen to any more of their crap. I took the time to e-mail or write each sponsor expressing my displeasure with the childish way sports programming on WGR had become and that I would no longer buy their product(s), patronize their business or would not subscribe to their service as long as they sponsored a poor excuse for sports programming on WGR radio.

I must have been the only one?? as I can see by different TBD'ers that the insanity continues. Things will only change at WGR when enough people contact the sponsors and express their displeasure and disgust with the quality of sports talk radio on WGR. Don't just complain - WRITE...only money or the lack of will get these idiots to either change or get fired. I won't take their crap and insults.

Edited by LancasterSteve

Fitz has played very well. There is no reason to dismiss what he has done for the Bills. In fact, one of the interceptions today was not really his fault. Evans did not come back for the ball and let the CB beat him to it.

I go back and forth on this. I think Luck is going to be a very good QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, I am not convinced that he would declare for the draft if we were to have the number one pick. Regardless of what happens, we are going to have a productive QB next year (Fitz) and be able to fill a whole by taking the best player available.

I agree - Luck is the only almost sure-thing qb and he's not coming out. Fitz is IMPROVING! His pct completion is fine. When he gets too excited he losses some accuracy which mostly shows at the end of games. Because this was at Cincy it showed early. But he's LEARNING. He's still young. He reminds me of Rich Gannon. He's smart and a good leader. We can win with the offense we have now. Fix the D. We'd have 2 or 3 more wins if the dbs didn't drop INTs at the end of games. If we keep starting over at qb we'll never win. Fitz has just turned the corner as an nfl qb. We should be happy one problem is solved! I'd still go after a young qb in the draft but now it doesn't have to be round one.

Huh? Wasnt talking just about Fitz, was talking about the misuse of this comment I see all the time..."if a rookie did this, you would say this"...rookies and vets are not fair comparisons as rookies are still learning to adjust to the game and how to play at this level where a Vet has had much more experience to better evaluate his potential and cieling. Case in point, not one GM in football would take Fitz over Bradford right now despite the better stats.

But since you went there...are you saying Fitz doesnt have accuracy issues? How about the 10 to 14 point gift to start the game that Cincy gave us? You know the INT that was overturned by a late hit that led to our first 7 points that easily would have been 3 to 7 points for Cincy?

Big props to him for his 2nd half, but that doesnt change the fact that Fitz has accuracy issues...sorry

Either way, it was fun to watch and a great 2nd half after an embarrasing first half by all our units.

Ahh gotcha sorry

Well color me HAPPY then. I took em off my car radio a long time ago. Have Sirius so can catch the Sabres there if I want. Chris Parker (Bulldog) used to be intelligent and a good listen when he first started on WBEN, when that station still did sports. He got dumbed down just like Howard Simon. What a waste, especially Simon. When "Monday Morning Quarterback" with Larry Felser ended on WBEN that was the beginning of the end to any intelligent Bills related "talk radio". About a year or so ago I made a list of both shows (Simon, and Parker & Schopp) sponsors' when I just couldn't stand to listen to any more of their crap. I took the time to e-mail or write each sponsor expressing my displeasure with the childish way sports programming on WGR had become and that I would no longer buy their product(s), patronize their business or would not subscribe to their service as long as they sponsored a poor excuse for sports programming on WGR radio.

I must have been the only one?? as I can see by different TBD'ers that the insanity continues. Things will only change at WGR when enough people contact the sponsors and express their displeasure and disgust with the quality of sports talk radio on WGR. Don't just complain - WRITE...only money or the lack of will get these idiots to either change or get fired. I won't take their crap and insults.

Did you hear back from Momma Pecoraro?

Did you hear back from Momma Pecoraro?

Ha-Ha no. In fact never recieved a reply to any letters I mailed but did receive a few "canned"replys to e-mails I sent. Guess they didn't want my money.

I would be very surprised if anyone here also wrote to sponsors of WGR expressing their disgust with the nonsense that's passed off as sports talk radio.

Listen I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is a bad quarterback, but he's had plenty of opportunities to prove that he's a franchise qb and he hasn't gotten it done. He has a 10-22-1 record as a starter in the league and that's not going to cut it. Fitzpatrick is a great story on a lousy Bills team, but he isn't the long term answer at qb. If you can draft a top prospect like Andrew Luck you can't pass that up. I hope the Bills are smart enough to keep Fitzpatrick around to be their backup and possibly start next year. And for those of you that think a rookie qb can't come in and have immediate success, how do you explain what the Rams are doing this year(or Matt Ryan a few years ago)? The Bills have to get an elite quarterback eventually or else there going to keep being average with a guy like Fitzpatrick.

Way back before the Baltimore game, I think I was the one who posted the original "Fitzpatrick might be the real deal franchise QB" thread. I mentioned how Drew Brees did not become "Drew Brees" until his 30th NFL start. Well Fitzpatrick started turning his corner around in his 27th career start against New England in 2009. Check it out, the guy has been solid and one of the NFL's best since week 16 of last year. No telling where this team would be if they had started him from the beginning and the defense didn't wait till this week to start getting the turnovers. Wake up, Fitzpatrick is the real deal. He's no fluke. He isn't a Derrick Anderson or John Kitna, he's a Drew Brees or Eli Manning type. You should start thanking you lucky stars he's on our team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/

Shopp & the Bulldog are too negative to be hosting a show. This game was the biggest comeback by the Bills in 13 years. Fitz threw for 4 TD's. He reminds me of Flutie. The Bills will be better off with him next year than a rookie QB.

The bills could use the draft pick to find someone who can help them on the defense.

quote name='1billsfan' timestamp='1290392336' post='2039317']

Way back before the Baltimore game, I think I was the one who posted the original "Fitzpatrick might be the real deal franchise QB" thread. I mentioned how Drew Brees did not become "Drew Brees" until his 30th NFL start. Well Fitzpatrick started turning his corner around in his 27th career start against New England in 2009. Check it out, the guy has been solid and one of the NFL's best since week 16 of last year. No telling where this team would be if they had started him from the beginning and the defense didn't wait till this week to start getting the turnovers. Wake up, Fitzpatrick is the real deal. He's no fluke. He isn't a Derrick Anderson or John Kitna, he's a Drew Brees or Eli Manning type. You should start thanking you lucky stars he's on our team.

I hope you are right, but I don't see it. Way too many wild throws. If we played a good team today, the game would have been over in the 1st quarter.

Edited by thebug

Ha-Ha no. In fact never recieved a reply to any letters I mailed but did receive a few "canned"replys to e-mails I sent. Guess they didn't want my money.

I would be very surprised if anyone here also wrote to sponsors of WGR expressing their disgust with the nonsense that's passed off as sports talk radio.

I used to hate Schoop, because he got an anti-Bills bug up his butt during the Donohoe days and when the Sabres were playing so good, the first two years after the lockout, all he did was kiss their asses.

But, now I actually like their show. He's not a Bills fans, like Bulldog is, but I think he's fair. And, he blasts the Sabres so much sometimes I think he's going to get fired.

But, when I hated him, I was going to do exactly what you did. I just never got around to it. He had such a condescending way when advertising for Satellite Solutions that I mainly wanted to contact them.....I think it's good that you did what you did, even though I don't agree with you anymore on the actual merits of the show.

This comment is so misused its not even funny...regardless if you are talking about Fitz or any other vet. If this was a rookie, he would still be learning the game and assumed he would only keep getting better. Fitz is not a rookie, and has FIRMLY established himself to have poor accuracty issues that plague him with no signs of that improving. There is a huge difference between a rookie learning how to play at this level and a Vet playing at about his cieling.

He's 4 tds behind the league lead (having not started the first games), is 2:1 td:interception and just led a huge comeback with 4 tds. At what point do you start giving him credit that maybe he's better than you have him pegged? He's looked pretty damned accurate all year to me and he's not even 28 yet.

I used to hate Schoop, because he got an anti-Bills bug up his butt during the Donohoe days and when the Sabres were playing so good, the first two years after the lockout, all he did was kiss their asses.

But, now I actually like their show. He's not a Bills fans, like Bulldog is, but I think he's fair. And, he blasts the Sabres so much sometimes I think he's going to get fired.

But, when I hated him, I was going to do exactly what you did. I just never got around to it. He had such a condescending way when advertising for Satellite Solutions that I mainly wanted to contact them.....I think it's good that you did what you did, even though I don't agree with you anymore on the actual merits of the show.

Have to disagree. Schopp has no cred. He's no better than any fan posting here. He has no insight into the Bills or the game of football. He doesn't talk to players. He never played the game. So all he is capable of doing is comment on the obvious. His "insight" is nothing more than looking at the score or the standings. His only qualification is he has a microphone, a spineless co-host and a bitter news columnist to complete the circle jerk.

PTR