Bulldog on WGR "Fitz is just not that good"

Have to disagree. Schopp has no cred. He's no better than any fan posting here. He has no insight into the Bills or the game of football. He doesn't talk to players. He never played the game. So all he is capable of doing is comment on the obvious. His "insight" is nothing more than looking at the score or the standings. His only qualification is he has a microphone, a spineless co-host and a bitter news columnist to complete the circle jerk.

PTR

But you gotta admit, the guy knows how to collect cards.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we overcome that against a good team?

We have 2 wins against horrible teams (like us).

If this win is that meaningless to you then you don't have a clue. Any time you come back from 21 points down in the NFL is an accomplishment and a sign of character.

PTR

Have to disagree. Schopp has no cred. He's no better than any fan posting here. He has no insight into the Bills or the game of football. He doesn't talk to players. He never played the game. So all he is capable of doing is comment on the obvious. His "insight" is nothing more than looking at the score or the standings. His only qualification is he has a microphone, a spineless co-host and a bitter news columnist to complete the circle jerk.

PTR

You're not really disagreeing with me. I never said Schoop has any of that. He wouldn't say that either, I don't think.........You want some deep breakdown of football and I don't. I want to be entertained. There's enough breakdowns all over the place with the Net, that I don't need it on the radio anymore.

What I am saying is that I used to hate him, and now I don't because I think that he is fair now with the Bills - praises them when they should be - and he'll now blast the Sabres.

You're not really disagreeing with me. I never said Schoop has any of that. He wouldn't say that either, I don't think.........You want some deep breakdown of football and I don't. I want to be entertained. There's enough breakdowns all over the place with the Net, that I don't need it on the radio anymore.

What I am saying is that I used to hate him, and now I don't because I think that he is fair now with the Bills - praises them when they should be - and he'll now blast the Sabres.

Then I don't understand what makes Schopp entertaining. Call me weird but I am entertained by people who know what they're talking about. And really, where is this glut of football knowledge you speak of?

PTR

Yes it's a direct path to the Super Bowl. :thumbsup:

I don't know if that's sarcasm but a game like this is maybe the first step to that. You know the Super Bowl Bills were not perfect. They had plenty of stinkers. But that team pulled themselves out the holes they dug. Kind of like what we saw today.

PTR

Then I don't understand what makes Schopp entertaining. Call me weird but I am entertained by people who know what they're talking about. And really, where is this glut of football knowledge you speak of?

PTR

I don't know if that's sarcasm but a game like this is maybe the first step to that. You know the Super Bowl Bills were not perfect. They had plenty of stinkers. But that team pulled themselves out the holes they dug. Kind of like what we saw today.

PTR

Oh, it's sarcasm. Yes I know the Super Bowl Bills were not perfect, or we wouldn't be 0-4 in Super Bowls. I'm just saying lets not get too high on Fitz until he does something against a real team. He was the reason we were so far behind to start with.

Oh, it's sarcasm. Yes I know the Super Bowl Bills were not perfect, or we wouldn't be 0-4 in Super Bowls. I'm just saying lets not get too high on Fitz until he does something against a real team. He was the reason we were so far behind to start with.

That pick 6 was on him, but I think the other 24 points were on the D.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

All over the internet, espn, espn radio, nfl network, etc. Mark Gaughan, Tim Graham, Vic Carucci, etc. all have good to great insights, and are great to read and listen to.

That pick 6 was on him, but I think the other 24 points were on the D.

PTR

How about the other pick? and he was also lucky not to have 3 picks in the first quarter due to a penalty. I'm just saying that if he does that same stuff against a good team, we don't have a chance.

Edited by thebug

How about the other pick? and he was also lucky not to have 3 picks in the first quarter due to a penalty. I'm just saying that if he does that same stuff against a good team, we don't have a chance.

A chance at what? I don't know what you expect from the guy but it is obvious he won't meet whatever your expectation is.

Here's something I picked up from Schoop a number of weeks ago. Doesn't it seem that Fitz' hands may be a little too small for a quarterback? He seems to lose the handle on the ball, and I think that's why he can make great throws and then really bad throws.

A chance at what? I don't know what you expect from the guy but it is obvious he won't meet whatever your expectation is.

A chance at beating a good football team. Maybe even a team in our division, which may lead to a playoff game? Not just beating the crappiest teams in the NFL. How is that any better than that limp wristed #5 who could only compete in the pre-season, but not when it mattered.

And if their kicker made the FG...and if there was no holding call on the T.O. TD...and if we made the FGs against the Ravens and Chiefs...etc. You know what they say about "ifs and buts".

PTR

And if their kicker made the FG...and if there was no holding call on the T.O. TD...and if we made the FGs against the Ravens and Chiefs...etc. You know what they say about "ifs and buts".

PTR

Yes, ifs and buts keep koolaid drinkers thinking they have a good team even when they are 2-8.

A chance at beating a good football team. Maybe even a team in our division, which may lead to a playoff game? Not just beating the crappiest teams in the NFL. How is that any better than that limp wristed #5 who could only compete in the pre-season, but not when it mattered.

Yeah, he didn't give us too much of a chance in that Baltimore beatdown.

Yes, ifs and buts keep koolaid drinkers thinking they have a good team even when they are 2-8.

Total straw-man, by the way. No one's saying we have a "good" team right now (just watch the defense play for evidence of that). Rather, we have a developing team with lots of positive signs, especially on offense. We might be 3 years away from getting back to relevance, but maybe not even that long if the team continues to show this type of resiliency and effort. And while the record doesn't indicate it, this team has 10x more heart at 2-8 than those Dick Jauron teams ever had. Hopefully that will lead to more wins in the future.

Yeah, he didn't give us too much of a chance in that Baltimore beatdown.

Total straw-man, by the way. No one's saying we have a "good" team right now (just watch the defense play for evidence of that). Rather, we have a developing team with lots of positive signs, especially on offense. We might be 3 years away from getting back to relevance, but maybe not even that long if the team continues to show this type of resiliency and effort. And while the record doesn't indicate it, this team has 10x more heart at 2-8 than those Dick Jauron teams ever had. Hopefully that will lead to more wins in the future.

How many times have you said that to yourself over the last decade? We all said Jauron's teams were SO much better than Mularkey's, more heart, more exciting, learning how to win, blah blah blah. Enough. We've been "3 years away" since 2001. Fitz is not the guy. I hope I'm wrong, but I really doubt it.

How many times have you said that to yourself over the last decade? We all said Jauron's teams were SO much better than Mularkey's, more heart, more exciting, learning how to win, blah blah blah. Enough. We've been "3 years away" since 2001. Fitz is not the guy. I hope I'm wrong, but I really doubt it.

I thought I heard that somewhere before!

I always get really curious when I hear this rationale. If what Fitz has been doing isn't indicative of being "the guy", then what does "the guy" look like? Does "the guy" keep his team in every game? Does "the guy" understand his offensive personnel and (generally) make smart decisions? Does "the guy" have energy and bring excitement to the team?

As of right now, Fitzpatrick looks the part of "the guy". I'll let time prove how true that is.