CJ Spiller calling Ricky Sapp a...

WordByrd

Except for the fact that the term itself and it's usage IS derogatory towards gay people ... but don't let a little thing like logic get in the way of your own argument.

lol oh shut the !@#$ up. i have 2 gay friends. i just texted them both to see if they were offended. they !@#$ing weren't. talk about making something out of nothing - good lord guys, get a life. the hypersensitivity of our culture is a joke.

Edited by deep2evans

It seems like they're joking, but CJ just called Ricky Sapp (former Clemson teammate) a fag on Twitter. I expect a little better judgement from our boy.

I would expect nothing less of an answer in such a freakin politically correct world !!! For god sake why do people have to be so damb critical about a word don't we have any thing better to do ???

It was nothing but to friends doing a little name calling i call my brother a fag too (not that there's any thing wrong with that) BS it is what it is and if we didn't live in such a damb politically correct world we could worry about things that truly are worth worrying about and not all this petty garbage !!

Remember stick & stones may break my bones but names will only hurt those that have a guilty conciense :bag: !!

More than a poor choice of words it was a poor choice of communication medium. If they just called each other nobody would be the wiser about their conversation. The problem is almost everything said now is out on the public domain. So these guys need to be a little more aware of what they say and where they say it.

Along with that we as a society have become overly sensitive about everything. It might come as a revelation to a lot of folks but you don't have to like and approve of everything other people do or say. All I ever hear lately is somebody crying the blues about being 'offended'. I get offended too but I just deal with it, move on and don't make a felony case out of what somebody might say or do that has absolutely nothing to do with me personnally.

What I find most puzzling about all the PC police is how they preach constantly about diversity and tolerance but then they turn out to be the most intolerant of others. Their objective is to control everyone's thoughts and actions vs. truly being respectful and diverse.

People on this board might agree or disagree with me, but that's just the way things go.

You just move on? Well I gues you are just a lot braver and stronger than gay people and other minorities. I am sure you have been subjected to the same kind of constant harassment and violence that they have. I suppose you would prefer that they should just take their beatings in silence rather than speak out when a public figure uses the same language of those who harm them. People have the right to say what they want in this country, even bigots. But the rest of us have the right to use our free speech to express what we think about what they say and do. No one is saying that you can't use any word you want, but the Constitution doesnt give you a free pass when it comes to what the rest of us think or say in response. There are consequences to using your free speech to express bigotry. When people talk about diversity, they are talking about people of different faiths, political beliefs, races, sexual orientations, gender, etc. Do you really think that its inconsistent to be respectful of that kind of diversity and not be respectful of bigotry at the same time? False equivalency at its finest.

Edited by Mickey

It was ill advised in this PC world, but is it enough to chastize the kid? TO just said that Fitz "runs pretty good for a white guy." How many here are offended by this? I sure as s--t am not.

Who cares what these guys say as long as they are not advocating violence?

There are ways to encourage violence without directly advocating that someone take a bat to someone else's head. Denigrating a group of people who historically have been the subject of harrassment and violence and to do so using the same language used by those who have harmed them, won't help in trying to get rid of that kind of violence. CJ's mistake was a small one and not a big deal but it was a mistake. It was a public comment, not a private one.

White people have not historically been the subject of such violence simply because they are white so I don't think the situation is the same. However you feel about gay rights, the fact is, they can't get married, in most places they can be legally fired from their jobs simply because they are gay. There are people who will, if given the chance, use violence against them. The situation is not the same.

CJ made a minor mistake, he said he was sorry, game over. Its just what happens in my family when my kids say something over the line. Its what civil human beings do. And if political correctness means that we are more respectful of people who historically have been treated abominably, then I am okay with that.

one of the dumbest threads i've ever seen on this board. get a !@#$ing grip people. unless he's saying something derogatory about gay people, who. the. !@#$. cares.

+100000

Of course, people being 'offended' by someone they've never met saying something to someone else they've never met is now the primary national pasttime for a nation of gutless turds.

Holy crap, this message board is full of bigots.

This is literally the most shocking thread I've ever seen here.

I get that Buffalo has a white-trash dumb "blue collar" reputation, but I'm still surprised to see so many people here condoning this.

Wow.

A thousand lols to all of the "PC Police" people here acting as if using hate-filled speech is something to proudly protect.

You all sound like a bunch of Neanderthals, and I hope that someday you'll look back at this and feel pretty ashamed when bashing homosexuals is inevitably looked back upon in the same light that bashing other minority groups has become.

Absolutely disgusting how people who post about how mediocre Ryan Fitzpatrick is get crucified, but the bigots are propped up and defended en masse.

Wish I never opened this thread.

This is literally the most shocking thread I've ever seen here.

I get that Buffalo has a white-trash dumb "blue collar" reputation, but I'm still surprised to see so many people here condoning this.

Wow.

A thousand lols to all of the "PC Police" people here acting as if using hate-filled speech is something to proudly protect.

You all sound like a bunch of Neanderthals, and I hope that someday you'll look back at this and feel pretty ashamed when bashing homosexuals is inevitably looked back upon in the same light that bashing other minority groups has become.

Absolutely disgusting how people who post about how mediocre Ryan Fitzpatrick is get crucified, but the bigots are propped up and defended en masse.

is this sarcastic? it doesn't always come through. if not, go watch gran torino and pass out from the vapors.

Freedom of speech dies at the hands of Political Correctness. Blame the Faggots!

Ignorance is apparently bliss! You don't seem to understand the 1st amendment. Nor, apparently, do you understand that kids are being bullied and beaten for being different.

Freedom of Speech is a protection from the govt., not from the people who hear you use that freedom so wastefully. It's hilarious that you are so eager to defend CJ's use of the freedom to make the original mistake, but you jump all over the posters who use their right to point out it was a mistake and congratulate him for understanding and correcting it.

The real irony is that today in the US the Politically Correct thing is to sit quietly and watch as bullies and mobs run rampant over the rights of individuals. It's not politically correct anymore to speak out, instead we tell people to shut up.

This thread stopped being about Spiller long ago. He made a small mistake, and kept it small. It amazes me how much name calling and intolerance has since been tossed around. It saddens me that there are still so many that think putting others down raises themselves up.

And to those of you who think it's funny, you're missing the point. Intolerance and hatred is a cultural thing. It's the result of all the little steps we individually take. Check out the news stories where homosexual kids are beaten, killed or bullied into suicide.

If adults can take it in stride, good for them. Kids can't. Our actions are heard and seen by others and passed around and around. Our kids see this and think it's acceptable to act the same way. The only problem is they don't have the developed buffers and boundaries that we as adults should have grown -- and their victims haven't built up the defenses that we as adults need to have grown.

+100000

Of course, people being 'offended' by someone they've never met saying something to someone else they've never met is now the primary national pasttime for a nation of gutless turds.

"Gutless turds" is an odd term when you're criticizing people for speaking out against injustice when the will of the mob is that they please shut up and go away.

What's offensive is not that a single man used a single hate filled term.

What's offensive is that we culturally accept and encourage this behavior through talk radio, anonymous forums and divisive politics.

What's offensive is that adults are willfully blind to the fact that little problems, taken as a cultural whole, result in kids being bullied, beaten, and killed.

I get that Buffalo has a white-trash dumb "blue collar" reputation

Isn't "white trash" a derogatory term? Oh that's right, self rightous, condescending people like you get to choose who can be made fun of. I too wish you didn't open this thread