You may be able to recover your avatar

SDS

I clicked on the link, got internal server error. Went up to the URL, changed # to 10350 (right after "av-") and it says web page not found.

Still had my avatar pic on my computer and tried to upload but says it's too large. Previously, I thought the image was automatically resized upon upload.

Appreciate some help on which/what to do next.

Thanks a lot.

I clicked on the link, got internal server error. Went up to the URL, changed # to 10350 (right after "av-") and it says web page not found.

Still had my avatar pic on my computer and tried to upload but says it's too large. Previously, I thought the image was automatically resized upon upload.

Appreciate some help on which/what to do next.

Thanks a lot.

Your avatar isn't there. This was an old directory that I happened to have had on hand.

Not sure about the auto-resizing.

Your avatar isn't there. This was an old directory that I happened to have had on hand.

Not sure about the auto-resizing.

Ok, thanks. I'll try to reupload later, otherwise I'll figure something else out. No biggie, I do like the speed of the new server.

http://74.86.102.230/uploadsx/av-1.jpg

Just go to the above link, but where it says "1", put your member ID number there. You can find your number in the URL of your profile.

Yeah - can you follow directions?

http://74.86.102.230/uploadsx/av-10634.jpg

"No good deed goes unpunished."

that phrase is NEVER more true than in tech support type stuff.

Edited by DrDankenstein

No such luck for moi. Oh well. I'm sure the enchanter is out there... somewhere. w00t.gif

But I'm STILL having troubles with the smileys.

Right now, as I type this I'm seeing the W00T smiley at the end of my first sentence.

However when I post, it turns into a long line of text: [ img]http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/public/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif[/img ] [/size]

Now sure what everyone else is seeing, so I put a space after the first and last square brackets to break the code from showing the smiley gif.

Edited by Nanker

Not sure what "Member ID" means. I tried "thedean" and "the dean", but neither worked.

I notice SDS used a number in the link where he chastised metzelaars_lives for being confused. But I have no idea where one gets their member ID number, if there is such a thing. On My Profile page, I can't find a Member ID number.

Now, I have already replace my avatar, so I'm not in need. But perhaps someone who has successfully recovered theirs might give a detailed, blow-by-blow "how to" for others in need. For example, what is a "member id"? If it is a number where does one find it? etc.

Just a thought.

Not sure what "Member ID" means. I tried "thedean" and "the dean", but neither worked.

I notice SDS used a number in the link where he chastised metzelaars_lives for being confused. But I have no idea where one gets their member ID number, if there is such a thing. On My Profile page, I can't find a Member ID number.

Now, I have already replace my avatar, so I'm not in need. But perhaps someone who has successfully recovered theirs might give a detailed, blow-by-blow "how to" for others in need. For example, what is a "member id"? If it is a number where does one find it? etc.

Just a thought.

So on the left of a post you see a user name, "The Dean", "/dev/null", etc. This is a link to the user profile

Click the link to your profile (or just hover your mouse over to see the URL). Notice the number in front of your name.

For example:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/user/2044-the-dean/

Means that you are member 2044

Just a thought.

"You can find your number in the URL of your profile..."

So on the left of a post you see a user name, "The Dean", "/dev/null", etc. This is a link to the user profile

Click the link to your profile (or just hover your mouse over to see the URL). Notice the number in front of your name.

For example:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/user/2044-the-dean/

Means that you are member 2044

Outstanding!

"You can find your number in the URL of your profile..."

Got it. But not sure why you would simply assume everyone would know that, and to look there.

Outstanding!

Got it. But not sure why you would simply assume everyone would know that, and to look there.

I am quoting my original post. Thus the quotes around my post. It all goes back to following the simple directions.

I am quoting my original post. Thus the quotes around my post. It all goes back to following the simple directions.

My bad then. I read that post several times and didn't notice that instruction.