I Hate Toronto Games!

turftoe

We are the only team in the league that plays 9 away games. I could live with it if it meant the Bills staying in Buffalo and the fans at the game made it a "home" game for the Bills. So far, it sounds as though the majority of those attending have cheered for each team the Bills have played.

We are the only team in the league that plays 9 away games.

It was actually a neutral game today.

Just like the teams that play a game in Europe, only with significantly less travel.

The people who make this a neutral, or away, game are the Bills fans who do not go.

Just like the teams that play a game in Europe, only with significantly less travel.

The people who make this a neutral, or away, game are the Bills fans who do not go.

It was the third game in a row the Bills had to travel to another city to play. It may be "neutral" but it is not a home game by any stretch of the imagination.

At least teams that play in Europe don't do it year-after-year -- like the Bills must do with Toronto.

I am really proud of the Bills and how they played... I am proud of the organization and it has handled the "new league." Still, I am seathing how the Bills are whoring itself out to these TOR games.

I am fine with either the Bills doing it the "right way" and making the game accessible to the common folk... Or leaving town for good. In the end everybody will know that we are on the righteous side of how to do business in this league.

I can't believe the direction the game and the league are taking and the Bills are capitulating!

Down with the new league order!

I told myself I wasn't gonna watch... But like a fly to a flame, I did. It just makes me seath inside seeing this whoring going on... And it isn't even good whoring that is taking place.

I still love the Bills and BFLO sports because I haven't been priced out... But I feel my days are numbered. Who will be able to afford the game?

I feel sorry for the children of the "working class." Living in Chicago, my son will never be able to afford even sniffing a Soldier Field seat... Yet, he has been to many games in BFLO.

The game (and sports outside of taking in a baseball game... Even baseball in certain areas are over priced) is going to the elites or the fools trying to act like the elites.

/rant

We had a false start on third down because of crowd noise. It was not a "neutral" crowd.

TOR is Canada's version of Chicago. TOR's rise over the last 50 years is directly related to BFLO's demise.

What pisses me off is that this was strictly a cash decision by Ralph. Did he honestly think it would have the feel of a home game? The two cities can't stand each other (from a sporting perspective). Was it realistic to think the Bills would have many fans in Toronto? Obviously, their poor play has not helped, but that aside, I don't know that fans in Toronto could ever be won over. Maybe, in time, the Bills could regionalize to include Toronto, but right now this looks like a bad decision.

It felt like a tennis match was scheduled when a football game broke out.

That is what pisses me off the most... You have the fans in the third biggest (if not biggest) market (Chicago) watching and thinking how unpassionate Bills football is when Bills football in Orchard Park is the most exciting game outperforming, Green Bay and the passionate fan bases.

This is not a good impression they send with games in TOR!

On g co-worker here said: "People drive/fly to TOR from Chicago to see the game, don't they from BFLO." I said: "What planet you on? We are not like a "Chicago economy... BFLO is a mini-version of the South Side and Sox fans."

What pisses me off is that this was strictly a cash decision by Ralph. Did he honestly think it would have the feel of a home game? The two cities can't stand each other (from a sporting perspective). Was it realistic to think the Bills would have many fans in Toronto? Obviously, their poor play has not helped, but that aside, I don't know that fans in Toronto could ever be won over. Maybe, in time, the Bills could regionalize to include Toronto, but right now this looks like a bad decision.

Exactly... TOR is like the north !@#$ing side of Chicago and the BFLO is like the South Side/NW Indiana:

Lee Elia hit it on the head way back:

"They oughta go out and get a !@#$in' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a !@#$in' living. Eighty-five percent of the !@#$in' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here."

This to me is the difference between TOR (and certain parts of Chicago...;) ) and BFLO.

We had a false start on third down because of crowd noise. It was not a "neutral" crowd.

Agreed. It sounded like a road game. Thanks a lot Southern Ontario.

I heard they already started to pour into the parking lots of Western NY shopping malls this past weekend. I can recall the horrible site of Canadians leaving behind piles of litter (shopping bags, wrappings, boxes) as they sneak their Holiday gifts back to Canada. Nice.

Can't stand being robbed of home games. Stinking canucks cheer for the bears.

I think the outcome might have been a little different at the Ralph, at least

it wouldn't have felt like a bears game.

Agreed. One less tailgate party, the crowd cheers for the opposing team, and our guys have to travel to another city to play. :angry:

Bills might as well wear away jerseys. The crowd was not into it. I love Toronto been there plenty of times but I feel this series is a slap in the face to loyal Bills fans who lose out on the tailgating and such.

And by all rights should a Bears-Bills game be played in cold weather? (Dome open?)

Agreed. It sounded like a road game. Thanks a lot Southern Ontario.

I heard they already started to pour into the parking lots of Western NY shopping malls this past weekend. I can recall the horrible site of Canadians leaving behind piles of litter (shopping bags, wrappings, boxes) as they sneak their Holiday gifts back to Canada. Nice.

I work at the mall...they still do it and it worse than last year already..