Waiver Wire Loss !!

T master

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Nix was asleep

I really like what Nix and Chan are doing as far as this reloading project. You really can't be too quick to judge a player in today's NFL unless his initials are Trent Edwards. I mean, you really need about 20+ games or so to see if you can tweak the scheme here and there just enough to get some mileage out of certain players. Watching film on people is useless. Who the hell knows what they were really trying to do anyway? Who's smart enough to figure **** like that out anyway? Gibson must be a bust. I mean he couldn't even beat out an undrafted guy.

:devil:

The front office has taken the year off when it comes to building the team.

They have done this under the guise of saying you build through the draft.

Well you build through the draft as well as free agency. When people are available that fits your need, you go after them.

Nix is looking extremely over his head when it comes to building a team.

I expect nothing will be done in the offseason outside of the draft, who can trust these guys to draft the right players.

Trust the plan. 0:)

Do we know for sure the Bills had top priority? I keep seeing posts that its last year's record they go by?

PTR

currently the Bills do have top priority based on THIS YEAR's record:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/21003/wheres-your-team-in-nfl-waiver-order

earlier in the year (thru september 27th) the waiver order was based on last years record.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/2009-records-will-control-trent-edwards-waiver-claims/

I know that this board wants the Bills to grab every player available, but since we have Whaley and still decided not to grab him, maybe he's not all that. I know it's not fashionable to defend the FO, but if only San Fran and Philly put in a claim, we may not be looking at the next Ray Lewis here.

no...no...nix was napping, and the sky is falling...chicken little told me so :rolleyes:

So we don't pick him up, everyone bitches. But if we did pick him up, everyone would complain that the front office's ideas of improving the team were nothing more than acquiring someone else's 4th round trash off the waiver wire.

Exactly. An NFL team doesn't want to win. Brilliant.

What happened to the brilliant plan of losing every game in order to secure a top pick? Even Sully endorsed that. What happened to going 7-9 each year bring worse that going 0-16?

PTR

What happened to the brilliant plan of losing every game in order to secure a top pick? Even Sully endorsed that. What happened to going 7-9 each year bring worse that going 0-16?

PTR

Wasn't' that yesterday's TSW consensus-philosophy? (Or was it the '12-hours-ago' philosophy?) :wacko:

This thread needs some sanity... ;)

OK...The Bills had first crack at this Kid and they passed...Some things are immediately obvious...The Bills probably did not have a Draft-able Grade on him...OR their sources from Pittsburgh came up with something most folks don't know...Something pretty negative...He's a Rookie so IF the Bills thought highly of him seeing his name on the waiver wire should have resulted in Gibson being picked up in a half-a-heartbeat...Especially for a Team needing a Pass Rushing OLB as bad as the Bills do...Now we'll see how Gibson does from here...Clearly, by not bringing him in for a look-see, the Bills have made the statement they prefer Moats and Coleman to Gibson...It's another mark on the decision record of Buddy Nix...We'll see if it's a negative or positive mark...

I certainly would not get too excited over this...At least not just yet...The move would have forced the Bills to release someone, and I understand that can get sticky too...But if Gibson is harassing QB's around the NFL a year or two from now as an OLB in a 3-4...This is not going to look too good...The Bills had a free crack at him and passed...Now we'll see how that pans out...But realistically the chances of this Kid turning into a solid NFL Player are not great...So in the meantime I'll assume the Bills did there due diligence and simply passed because he's not good enough... B-)

bizarre...We aren't very good at outside linebacker and we aren't very deep at outside linebacker. We should have taken him if we had the opportunity. A no brainer. Kind of like drafting a running back with the 9 pick when you don't have any offensive tackles and two good starting running backs.