are we done talking about fitz!!

13player

Fitz is not Peyton Manning. But it's looking like a safe bet that Jake Locker won't be either. And Ryan Mallet comes and goes. If Andrew Luck stays at home, I don't want to roll the dice on a QB who has a good chance of being worse than Fitz when we could go for a surer thing in places where our current talent is miserable. A franchise DE does an awful lot for your team too.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this was going to happen, one game where Fitz didn't play too well and all of a he "sucks". He's had a handful of solid games before this. His numbers against the Chiefs weren't too much different from Peyton Manning's earlier in the year. Give him the rest of the season before you start writing him off.

Last week I was a fan, he had me for a week. I hated him before. I'm done. Put in Brohm. Someone go buy a billboard and put in Brohm. The guy is an unknown. We knew Edwards and know Fitz, we dont knowo Brohm.

Is this Brohm talk for real? Why are you leaving out Levi Brown? Levi is the REAL unknown! He is ready to tear up the league and he might never even get a chance! Hamdan too!, we never really had a chance to see him work his magic.

Makes me think of what might have been with Gary Marangi!

There have been so many Hall of Famer type guys that are just left languishing on the bench. A travesty! Oh well, at least me and you know where the true talent lies. Good eye man!

I dont see the part i said I want Edwards back..Please show me so I can commit suicide....Im ok with it also cuz really the less games they win the better choice we have and the quicker the rebuild is hopefully..

:D :D :D :D

Sten, I actiually agree, but honor dictates that we win a game or two. I want to see production this year.

No, we're not done talking about Fitz. We won't be done with talking about Fitz until the season is over and we will have the whole season to evaluate his contribution, be it good or bad. The truth is that so far I've been pleased with Chan's Offensive improvements, but I had some real problems with his play-calling at the end of the game and in OT. Honestly, I could NOT understand why they didn't run the ball more at the end of the second half and in OT. That plus they continued to try to run the ball on the outside despite having success running the ball between the tackles. That, plus our Run D is horrendous. However, I don't blame George Edwards the way some have, I still think it's too early. And to answer any smartass comments about how long you give Edwards to show whether he's competent or not, unfortunately I think it will take two whole seasons, this and the next. In large part because we're still acquiring the talent to play the 3-4. As for Fitz, not a fan, but not a detractor either, would just like to find out if he can carry the team long enough to determine if QB play is the biggest issue on Offense. There is still the debate regarding the Offensive line and what comes first, the chicken or the egg. Does a good QB hide O-line deficiencies or does a good O-line cover for a marginal QB? Of course we need a QB of the future, but Chan said it after the draft, Levi is guy they feel they can work with. If Fitz does "well enough", they may take the next year to shore up the O-line and build the Defense before they take a QB with a high first round pick, to hell with the "money" issue, I just want this team to be able to compete and win some games, without leveraging the future.

I don't understand why the fans have to shred Fitzpatrick just to prove we need a QB. Yes, this team needs to draft and develop a QB. In the meantime Fitzpatrick is a decent stop gap until we draft one. Wouldn't be surprised if Fitz started the season next year at QB even if we do draft a QB.

Stop shitting on the guy, he's giving us all he has.

Edited by bouds

Fitz deserves at least a few more starts before it's time to put Brohm in there. As for the defense, despite the yardage, holding the Chefs to 10 points in regulation in their own house was admirable. Too bad the offense and defense can't seem to put together good performances concurrently.

If the guy they want is there at QB then they take him but if we had the slightest semblance of a defense Fitz has 3 win. I can't find much fault in Fitzpatrick.

You put it perfectly. This is exactly why we all need to calm down about Fitz. With a defense, Fitz has 3 wins. That is, we would be 3-4. And this is all Fitz will do for us, get us to 7-9 or 8-8, which, by the way, we have been doing for the last 20 years. Fitz is a great back-up, a real find. But lets not crown Fitz a franchise QB.

The play of the qb position had nothing to do with this loss. Allowing 250+ rushing did.

Please...the guy had 2 sure INT's dropped by the KC defense and possibly a third that should have been picked. If those INT's aren't dropped, the game isn't even close.

Not to mention the horrific INT throw at the end of regulation and the horrific overthrow to Spiller in the end zone.

The only things that Fitz has is heart and saavy, but his talent is not comparable to that of a playoff-caliber QB.

Fitz is what he is...a stop-gap QB for when your real QB gets injured...nothing more, nothing less.

Fitz deserves at least a few more starts before it's time to put Brohm in there. As for the defense, despite the yardage, holding the Chefs to 10 points in regulation in their own house was admirable. Too bad the offense and defense can't seem to put together good performances concurrently.

BROHM? Your crazy! Fitz has completely turned the offense around after YEARS of virtually no offensive production using basically the same guys that the other Bills QB's have had. Brian Brohm would s#!t all over the field if he was put in.

BROHM? Your crazy! Fitz has completely turned the offense around after YEARS of virtually no offensive production using basically the same guys that the other Bills QB's have had. Brian Brohm would s#!t all over the field if he was put in.

Sorry but more performances like today and it's time to see what someone else on the roster can do, before investing the 1st overall pick on a QB (given that first round QB's having a 50% bust rate). And before Fitz got a chance this past year, no one thought he was worth spit either.

Please...the guy had 2 sure INT's dropped by the KC defense and possibly a third that should have been picked. If those INT's aren't dropped, the game isn't even close.

Not to mention the horrific INT throw at the end of regulation and the horrific overthrow to Spiller in the end zone.

The only things that Fitz has is heart and saavy, but his talent is not comparable to that of a playoff-caliber QB.

Fitz is what he is...a stop-gap QB for when your real QB gets injured...nothing more, nothing less.

Peyton Manning had two picks dropped by Redskin defenders this year too. It happens.

Fitz played fine today couple great throws couple bad....pressure all day, good job using his feet

That re-kick goes through, Fitz is a hero. People here aren't worth responding to for the most part. Fitz is mroe of an NFL QB than:

Johnson

Bledsoe

Losman

Edwards

COMBINED. Dude is smart and tough, and I'll hang my hat with him for the next year or two until we can get a TOP-FLIGHT QB. Locker ain't it, and I'm starting to think Mallett might not either.

That re-kick goes through, Fitz is a hero. People here aren't worth responding to for the most part. Fitz is mroe of an NFL QB than:

Johnson

Bledsoe

Losman

Edwards

COMBINED. Dude is smart and tough, and I'll hang my hat with him for the next year or two until we can get a TOP-FLIGHT QB. Locker ain't it, and I'm starting to think Mallett might not either.

+1

WTF? What game did you watch today?

That interception was NOT Fitz's fault- the ball slipped out of his hand because the pass was intended for Evans cutting inside. He read the defense perfectly, found the space in the zone, and the ball squirted up. What can you do in that case? Ohh yeah, blame Fitzpatrick. Kansas City's defense has been great all year, and I thought he performed well despite not having a running game all afternoon-ohh yeah, did you notice that? Though NOT.