are we done talking about fitz!!

13player

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I was a fan, he had me for a week. I hated him before. I'm done. Put in Brohm. Someone go buy a billboard and put in Brohm. The guy is an unknown. We knew Edwards and know Fitz, we dont knowo Brohm.

Let me get this straight just so I understand exactly what you are thinking. . .

"Last week, I was a fan."

"He had me for a week"

"I hated him before' and now 'I'm done."

Forget the average first half drive start spot, forget no turnovers by our defense, forget the fact that our defense let over 200 yds rushing.

He had you for a week. That is just brilliant.

To echo Steve, when was the last time the Bills have come back to tie the game other than this year?

Twice in a row against winning franchises. Minus the Time out we won yesterday. Let us not forget that. Fitz got some of those passes in the first half in their that were dropped. They adjusted for a change in the half and came out scoring on the first drive of the third. Scoring wasnt high against them. Oh there are positives on this team you just have to look for them.

BROHM? Your crazy! Fitz has completely turned the offense around after YEARS of virtually no offensive production using basically the same guys that the other Bills QB's have had. Brian Brohm would s#!t all over the field if he was put in.

And you know this because...????? :unsure:

The guy has been carrying the entire team on his shoulders, It would be nice if he had a team around him, or coaches that know what they are doing.

No running game and worst defense in the NFL...so the QB doesn't carry the team like he did last game, time to scrap him huh....Brian Brohm would get killed behind that O line, he would look worse then Edwards

Spritzy will be replaced soon enough by our #1 overall pick, so there isn't any reason to panic over his costly bumbles. He is the perfect guy to lead our almost-winless season - sure, he'll give some games away but at least they are entertaining.

Aside from some homer fans who will annoint anyone under center for the Bills 'the next Jim Kelly', most all football people understand who Ryan Fitzpatrick is. A game, journeyman backup quarterback.

We can still like him, much the way that everyone loved Frank Reich. He'll be back behind the clipboard soon enough, and should be a great influence on our next shot at an elite-level franchise quarterback.

The guy has been carrying the entire team on his shoulders, It would be nice if he had a team around him, or coaches that know what they are doing.

No running game and worst defense in the NFL...so the QB doesn't carry the team like he did last game, time to scrap him huh....Brian Brohm would get killed behind that O line, he would look worse then Edwards

Agreed. Anyone watching that game and coming out and blaming Fitz for the loss should go ahead and turn their fan card in and stop watching football. The game was almost entirely on the coaching staff, with the decisions not to run the ball and the poor decisions at the end of the half and end of OT.

1. When you have the ball around the 40 with 2 minutes left in OT, make sure you are the only team with a chance to win. Run the ball up the middle, get closer, run down the clock and take your change with the FG. Worst case is a tie.

2. It made no sense to allow the refs to run the 10 seconds off and at the end of the half and take the TO anyway.

3. When you "ice" the kicker at the end of the game, the point is to wait until just before the snap, so that the team has to execute the kick twice (like we had to). You don't take the TO before the snap, because all you do is relax the kicker (first kick in OT). Or leave the TO in your pocket and not take it all (second kick in OT).

Having to explain this stuff to an NFL coaching staff is a little embarrassing. I like Chan and the way he is teaching this team, but it looks like we have another bad game manager on our hands.

And you know this because...????? :unsure:

Because every time I have seen him play, he has made nothing happen, even in preseason. And his immobility in the pocket, I believe would lead to disaster behind this O-line.

One could easily say "What about Levi Brown?", "What about HAMDAN??" Did you get enough Hamdan to KNOW FOR SURE that he can't be the next Tom Brady?

What has Brohm done that has impressed you so much?

Fitz didn't have a the game he did last weel, but he is still our best option, and I for one am not giving up on him. He is a fighter and plays with guts and heart. I like him, and I hope he is our guy. We have 9 more games to determine if he has "it" and I think he does. I am not drinking cool-aid, I am a quaterbacks coach and I think he has all the tools and the ability to play football well at the highest of levels. I wouldn't bench him for Brohm or even Luck. We need a pass rusher and a LT before we need to replay Fitzpatrick.

I agree. QB's have bad weeks and Fitz was very much average this week. He outplayed all of following QB's this week, not even taking into account that he was our second best rusher with 42 yards.

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Hasselbeck

Brett Favre

Mark Sanchez

Matt Cassel

Max Hall

Kerry Collins

Derek Anderson

Rex Grossman

Donovan McNabb

Troy Smith

Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Moore

Chad Henne

Even Kitna threw for 379 but had 1 TD and 4 Int's with tons of talent around him.

This game hurt, but as some have already posted, a win this week was not going to do anything to help us out in the 'long run.' ---Maybe 2 or 3 wins this season will save us some face of not goig 0-16 and still put us in contention for the #1 pick.

I want wins, and I want them in bulk but least the games are more exciting and we are 'in the games' with Fitz at QB.

Edited by BillsFanInLV

I agree. QB's have bad weeks and Fitz was very much average this week. He outplayed all of following QB's this week, not even taking into account that he was our second best rusher with 42 yards.

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Hasselbeck

Brett Favre

Mark Sanchez

Matt Cassel

Max Hall

Kerry Collins

Derek Anderson

Rex Grossman

Donovan McNabb

Troy Smith

Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Moore

Chad Henne

Even Kitna threw for 379 but had 1 TD and 4 Int's with tons of talent around him.

This game hurt, but as some have already posted, a win this week was not going to do anything to help us out in the 'long run.' ---Maybe 2 or 3 wins this season will save us some face of not goig 0-16 and still put us in contention for the #1 pick.

I want wins, and I want them in bulk but least the games are more exciting and we are 'in the games' with Fitz at QB.

Here are Fitz's stats once we tied the game for the end of regulation and OT: (Four drives)

5-15, 33% comp, 62 yards, 4.13 ypa, 0 TD, 1 INT, and an intentional grounding penalty...

Send him to the Pro Bowl...lol. Guy is a gamer sure, but he had a game where he should have ended with 4 picks but KC gifted 3 back with straight drops. His first half was terrible and he was not very good in the 4 drives after he tied the game where he could have gotten us a win by completing just 33% of his throws with an INT. So outside of his one drive that led to the tie, what else did he exactly do all day?

Edited by Alphadawg7

Here are Fitz's stats once we tied the game for the end of regulation and OT: (Four drives)

5-15, 33% comp, 62 yards, 4.13 ypa, 0 TD, 1 INT, and an intentional grounding penalty...

Send him to the Pro Bowl...lol. Guy is a gamer sure, but he had a game where he should have ended with 4 picks but KC gifted 3 back with straight drops. His first half was terrible and he was not very good in the 4 drives after he tied the game where he could have gotten us a win by completing just 33% of his throws with an INT. So outside of his one drive that led to the tie, what else did he exactly do all day?

How many sure INT's of Cassel's did the Bills drop? I've heard of at least one, by Whitner.

Thank you. I haven't seen offensive production like this since Ted Marchibroda. Granted, it's only a few games, but how long has it been since we had an offense that could convert third downs, and come from behind to tie games? I'd keep the O as is and draft for D.

Well said. I wouldn't mind a big free agent splash to the O-line but 3 or 4 Stud Rookie Defensive players and some scruity/changes to our Defensive philosophy could have us back in the swing of things. Suh was a monster this week and is a dominating force. We need that.

If we are counting defensive 'drops' against our QB, then we should count Offensive 'drops' as well. Spiller and Evans should have each scored. He could have had 3 TD's on the day. Ridiculous critical thinking.

How many sure INT's of Cassel's did the Bills drop? I've heard of at least one, by Whitner.

Actually 2, Wilson had one he should have caught, not as easy as two of KC's drops, but Wilson should have had it none the less to go with Whitners...

But what does Cassels performance have to do with Fitz? Cassel could throw 10 TD's and 0 INT's or 0 TD's and 10 INT's in a game and it still has absoultely nothing to do with the bad throws Fitz made. Seriously, this is your response to Fitz's performance?

No offense, but this is about a irrelevant response as you could have made to the post I put up...

Well said. I wouldn't mind a big free agent splash to the O-line but 3 or 4 Stud Rookie Defensive players and some scruity/changes to our Defensive philosophy could have us back in the swing of things. Suh was a monster this week and is a dominating force. We need that.

If we are counting defensive 'drops' against our QB, then we should count Offensive 'drops' as well. Spiller and Evans should have each scored. He could have had 3 TD's on the day. Ridiculous critical thinking.

What? How did Spiller and Evans drop TD passes? I saw Fitz over throw both by a mile (again, on Fitz) that could have been scores, but please recap the dropped TD's by both of them because I didnt see any dropped TD's by either of them. I did see bad throws that missed open recievers that could have led to scores, but that adds to the list of bad throws Fitz made not the other way around...

This is like deja vu with how people used to invent things to absolve Trent of his mistakes

Edited by Alphadawg7

There is no comparison to Kelly but you are a little off. No turnovers today defensively. Your points are a little extreme.

Actually, a comparison to how Kelly played at Arrowhead wouldn't be far off. When the Chiefs are contending and the fans get jacked, that stadium is arguably the hardest to visit in the league. Always has been. Add some typical swirling winds and you see more than a fair share of missed gimme FGs and bad passes.

GO BILLS!!!

How can you say the ball slipping out of his hand was somehow "not his fault"? Well then whose fault was it?

It's called "choking". The game was on the line and he made a mistake lost his grip on the ball. Mistakes happen, but it's definitely his fault. He wouldn't try to blame it anyone either, let him own it.

I support Fitzpatrick as the QB for the rest of the season, and retaining him as a future depth player. I just want to see them draft a new QB with true potential to build around

So, what's it called when he completed a 37 yarder to Parrish on 3rd and 8 to keep the scoring drive alive late in the 4th quarter?

What's it called when he throws a TD to Johnson on 4th and goal?

Shall I keep going or do you not require more to feed your total ignorance of the game in general and the QB position in particular?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Today explains every reason why we need a QB and its not Fitz.

the guy sucks, he's inconsistant and tired of the kelly comparisons. :wallbash:

Are these the explanations you are referring to?

1: A 3 point loss in the last seconds of OT

2: Leading the team down the field throwing the football to score a TD and tie it at Arrowhead (one of the loudest places to play) with 2 minutes left and force said OT

3: Putting the team in position to win the game only to have the time-out and then the miss by Lindell

4: Having the team near again only to have the plays called and the coaches decision to punt the ball instead of run for a few yards here and there and try the long FG

5 Oh, and having to do this with constant pressure in his face and making plays with his feet, changing coverages and protections.

Yes you are right these are all clear indicators that he "sucks"

Bottom line is if he doesn't overthrow Spiller on that bomb you would be up on this board singing his praises. I am not going to say he is an elite QB but saying he sucks means you are misinformed or do not understand football.

Or you have a Trent Edwards jersey on... :oops:

I will give naysayers the one pic was BAD and costly but he lost grip of the ball on the throw. It happens. :wallbash:

Fitz didn't have a the game he did last weel, but he is still our best option, and I for one am not giving up on him. He is a fighter and plays with guts and heart. I like him, and I hope he is our guy. We have 9 more games to determine if he has "it" and I think he does. I am not drinking cool-aid, I am a quaterbacks coach and I think he has all the tools and the ability to play football well at the highest of levels. I wouldn't bench him for Brohm or even Luck. We need a pass rusher and a LT before we need to replay Fitzpatrick.

:w00t:

Stay off the internet while you are in school!

Actually 2, Wilson had one he should have caught, not as easy as two of KC's drops, but Wilson should have had it none the less to go with Whitners...

But what does Cassels performance have to do with Fitz? Cassel could throw 10 TD's and 0 INT's or 0 TD's and 10 INT's in a game and it still has absoultely nothing to do with the bad throws Fitz made. Seriously, this is your response to Fitz's performance?

No offense, but this is about a irrelevant response as you could have made to the post I put up...

"Almost" plays don't count. That's how it's relevant. And I'm no Fitz lover.

Edited by Doc

What? How did Spiller and Evans drop TD passes? I saw Fitz over throw both by a mile (again, on Fitz) that could have been scores, but please recap the dropped TD's by both of them because I didnt see any dropped TD's by either of them. I did see bad throws that missed open recievers that could have led to scores, but that adds to the list of bad throws Fitz made not the other way around...

This is like deja vu with how people used to invent things to absolve Trent of his mistakes

Yeah, your right. :worthy:

Why? It was a tough game, but he hung in there and didn't panic. He got that late TD to send it OT and stuck it out here and drove down the field three times just to be screwed by his coach's bad play calling.

Fitz is doing just fine. We would have been blown out if brohm or trentative was in there so relax. Fitz was not the reason we lost that game. How about a RT that can actually block DE's?