are we done talking about fitz!!

13player

i can't take the bipolar nature of bills fans. to rip on fitz after this game shows how many morons post on this board. Fitz drove the team down for a game-tying TD on the ROAD. This guy has been as cool and collected as you can get on 3rd downs and lets not forget how many drives he kept alive with his feet. Fitz is 27yrs old, not 35. He understands Gailey's system and is managing the offense to a level we haven't seen in Buffalo in years. Lets at least wait until the end of the season, before we run him out of town as well.

Thank you. I haven't seen offensive production like this since Ted Marchibroda. Granted, it's only a few games, but how long has it been since we had an offense that could convert third downs, and come from behind to tie games? I'd keep the O as is and draft for D.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say the ball slipping out of his hand was somehow "not his fault"? Well then whose fault was it?

It's called "choking". The game was on the line and he made a mistake lost his grip on the ball. Mistakes happen, but it's definitely his fault. He wouldn't try to blame it anyone either, let him own it.

I support Fitzpatrick as the QB for the rest of the season, and retaining him as a future depth player. I just want to see them draft a new QB with true potential to build around

Was it called "choking" when he drove the team down the field, on the road, for a game-tying TD? Was that choking? Or was it choking when Lindell missed the game-winning FG?

Was it called "choking" when he drove the team down the field, on the road, for a game-tying TD? Was that choking? Or was it choking when Lindell missed the game-winning FG?

No. Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough for you.

It was called "choking" when he floated up an awful interception in the clutch moment.

No. Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough for you.

It was called "choking" when he floated up an awful interception in the clutch moment.

No my friend, it's called "choking" when Lindell drills it down the middle on the first attempt, and then misses the second. That was the game right there. Period.

No my friend, it's called "choking" when Lindell drills it down the middle on the first attempt, and then misses the second. That was the game right there. Period.

Nope. That was a very low percentage field goal attempt. A long kick in very windy conditions is not one he is usually going to make. No one expects him to make that most of the time. Lindell has never been a long range guy, anyways. He has an amazing percentage inside of 40 yards and that is his primary value as a kicker. I don't see how that is confusing.

However, the expectation is there for Fitzpatrick to not just lose control of the ball and gently loft it right to the other team.

Nope. That was a very low percentage field goal attempt. A long kick in very windy conditions is not one he is usually going to make. No one expects him to make that most of the time. Lindell has never been a long range guy, anyways. He has an amazing percentage inside of 40 yards and that is his primary value as a kicker. I don't see how that is confusing.

However, the expectation is there for Fitzpatrick to not just lose control of the ball and gently loft it right to the other team.

you know you were probably one of those guys that would rag on Kelly when he threw god awful ints to opposing mlbs early and often in his career.

Wow, sorry to inconvenience Lindell. Sorry that we couldn't put the ball on the 20 yd line for him. Out of range my ass. It wasn't out of range when he drilled it down the middle the first time. It's CHOKING when you have to do it when it counts and you miss it. I love lindell, but you fail to acknowledge that the game could've DIRECTLY been won right there at that moment. THAT is choking. I don't see how THAT is confusing. When fitz threw the INT, there were still several plays that we wouuld've had to have played in order to possibly win the game, being that we weren't even in FG range yet.

Thank you. I haven't seen offensive production like this since Ted Marchibroda. Granted, it's only a few games, but how long has it been since we had an offense that could convert third downs, and come from behind to tie games? I'd keep the O as is and draft for D.

I guess this is what happens when fans are exposed to poor QB play for so long....they are willing to believe barely above average QB play is acceptable.

I don't think that Fitz sucks, but he is not, I repeat NOT, an acceptable option as a full-time starting playoff-caliber QB.

Let Fitz start for the rest of the year, I'm fine with that. Brohm isn't the answer either.

But when the draft comes along and the Bills are picking #1...I'd better be hearing Andrew Luck's name coming out of the commisioner's mouth(if Luck is going into the draft).

There are no Bruce Smith's or Lawrence Taylor's or even a Julius Peppers or Mario Williams in this draft--QB is the way to go..period.

Wow, sorry to inconvenience Lindell. Sorry that we couldn't put the ball on the 20 yd line for him. Out of range my ass. It wasn't out of range when he drilled it down the middle the first time. It's CHOKING when you have to do it when it counts and you miss it. I love lindell, but you fail to acknowledge that the game could've DIRECTLY been won right there at that moment. THAT is choking. I don't see how THAT is confusing. When fitz threw the INT, there were still several plays that we wouuld've had to have played in order to possibly win the game, being that we weren't even in FG range yet.

Okay - what do you think the realistic percentage chance that Lindell has to make that kick in those windy conditions? Maybe 30%?

The coaches understand that is a low percentage attempt. They all know he's going to miss that kick a fair amount of the time.

Trying to blame this on Lindell is really a bit silly.

Okay - what do you think the realistic percentage chance that Lindell has to make that kick in those windy conditions? Maybe 30%?

The coaches understand that is a low percentage attempt. They all know he's going to miss that kick a fair amount of the time.

Trying to blame this on Lindell is really a bit silly.

No, you trying to blame this loss on Fitz is a bit silly. Fitz put Lindell within FG range in OT ON THE ROAD..after having driven the Bills for the game-tying TD ON THE ROAD.

It's funny how you say how low the percentage is on making the FG, but at the same time fail to acknowledge that Lindell actually made it in his 1st attempt, to go ahead and miss it (when it actually COUNTED) in his second attempt. So, to answer your question, his chances I'd say were 50/50..too bad we were on the wrong side of that .50.

Edited by bobobonators

Spritzy is simply way too inconsistent to be an elite-level NFL quarterback. He has an uncanny knack for making terrible blunders that cost the team hard fought games.

Granted, he is better than anything else we got, but don't fool yourself into thinking that our feisty journeyman Spritzer isn't just keeping the seat warm until we draft our next potentially elite-level qb. Let's just hope it pans out and we can compete for a championship for a decade - and hopefully Spirtzy can hold the clipboard and earn a ring or two as well :)

No, you trying to blame this loss on Fitz is a bit silly. Fitz put Lindell within FG range in OT ON THE ROAD..after having driven the Bills for the game-tying TD ON THE ROAD.

It's funny how you say how low the percentage is on making the FG, but at the same time fail to acknowledge that Lindell actually made it in his 1st attempt, to go ahead and miss it (when it actually COUNTED) in his second attempt. So, to answer your question, his chances I'd say were 50/50..too bad we were on the wrong side of that .50.

Listen, the loss is a combination of things. Is Fitz one of those? Yes. I'm sorry if you can't see that throwing an interception while driving is costly. Not to mention missing a wide open CJ Spiller to end the game in OT. Which would have taken wining the game off of Lindell's shoulders. How about the 4 to 5 errant throws he made. A couple of those could have been INTs. Yes he makes some good throws. But I'd say he makes a good amount of god-awful looking throws too. And this happens every game with Fitz, Is that something you want to see out of a "franchise" QB? I'd hope not.

Today explains every reason why we need a QB and its not Fitz.

the guy sucks, he's inconsistant and tired of the kelly comparisons. :wallbash:

You're nuts. Fitz played well enough to win today, and he's played well enough to win every week since he's started. Imagine if you will, the Bills defensive front 7 actually holding down Charles and Jones to under rushing 125 total yards between them. Bills win this game in regulation. Despite Fitz taking the entire first half to get going. Despite the ball slipping out of his hands and landing right in Berry's gut. The Bills would have won 10-0 or perhaps 10-3, 10-7 tops.

With this defense, Peyton Manning would have to be perfect to eek out wins.

Dude, you are being so foolish man. You want to relieve Fitz of all responsibility because of ONE drive and then hang the whole loss on a very difficult missed FG. Doesnt matter if he hit the first one, that doesnt change how difficult that long of a FG was in windy conditions. Your logic on that is so flawed its not even funny.

As far as Fitz goes, he did lead a good drive to tie the game, but ONE drive doesnt absolve him from his mistakes. There are a lot of ways we could have lost this game by far more (see the 3 INT's that should have happened by Fitz, including what should have been a pick 6 on first play of game) and a lot of ways we could have won/tied the game (Fitz doesnt throw INT, Lindell doesnt miss FG, Moorman doesnt shank that punt, etc).

But Fitz did throw an INT on a drive where we were getting close to FG range in regulation and if he doesnt throw that pick and instead completes it to the open Evans we most likely win the game in regulation as we were moving the ball well and would have been close to FG range at that point. So, as much as your crush on Fitz wants you to put all blame else where, he shoulders a big load in this loss along with a number of other players and units on this team.

Again, not knocking Fitz, I love how he plays, but he has a knack for making costly mistakes, including his last 3 INT's which have significantly contributed to our last two losses. Are the losses all on him, of course NOT, but he certainly has been a relevant factor in them. And your attempts to absolve him of any responsibility remind me of all the Trent and JP apologists on this board...

Edited by Alphadawg7

If you arent drinking koolaid and you are a qbs coach please explain the lack of making a big play when its there time after time in the clutch..The interception at the end of the game was a peewee football throw, the Overthrow by ten plus yards to Cj Spiller down the sideline??? Real qbs make plays when the game is on the line, they dont turtle up and pee down their leg...He is a good backup but in no way do I want him as The "QB"...

Real QBs don't play in Buffalo.

Dude, you are being so foolish man. You want to relieve Fitz of all responsibility because of ONE drive and then hang the whole loss on a very difficult missed FG. Doesnt matter if he hit the first one, that doesnt change how difficult that long of a FG was in windy conditions. Your logic on that is so flawed its not even funny.

As far as Fitz goes, he did lead a good drive to tie the game, but ONE drive doesnt absolve him from his mistakes. There are a lot of ways we could have lost this game by far more (see the 3 INT's that should have happened by Fitz, including what should have been a pick 6 on first play of game) and a lot of ways we could have won/tied the game (Fitz doesnt throw INT, Lindell doesnt miss FG, Moorman doesnt shank that punt, etc).

But Fitz did throw an INT on a drive where we were getting close to FG range in regulation and if he doesnt throw that pick and instead completes it to the open Evans we most likely win the game in regulation as we were moving the ball well and would have been close to FG range at that point. So, as much as your crush on Fitz wants you to put all blame else where, he shoulders a big load in this loss along with a number of other players and units on this team.

Again, not knocking Fitz, I love how he plays, but he has a knack for making costly mistakes, including his last 3 INT's which have significantly contributed to our last two losses. Are the losses all on him, of course NOT, but he certainly has been a relevant factor in them. And your attempts to absolve him of any responsibility remind me of all the Trent and JP apologists on this board...

I'm not absolving him of anything. The INT was bad, but the chiefs scored 0 points off of it. How did that INT "significantly" contribute to this loss? What exactly was the result of that INT? Instead of having Fitz drive us to FG range at the end of the 4th quarter, he drove us to the exact same FG range in the first drive of OT. What was the result? Missed FG. I guess that INT made Lindell miss the FG. The point of my reply to the other poster was that if anyone is going to be accused of choking in this game, it should be Lindell.

It's funny how you give Fitz a 1 sentence "blurb," if you will, for the game-tying TD, but then go on a rant about an INT that the chiefs scored 0 points off of. You make it a point to blab on about Fitzy's last 3INT's...sorry, two of those INT's came in a game against this team called the Ravens, you may not have heard of them, but they're pretty damn good. Let me apologize on Fitzy's behalf for going 29-43 for 382yds and 4td's against that team you never heard of, in THEIR HOUSE. You're a joke. 3Int's have been costly...I guess his 12td's this season have been of no help.

Here's a hint, it'll relieve a lot of stress for the bashers: You're supposed to root for the players on the team you supposedly like..

Edited by bobobonators

Listen, the loss is a combination of things. Is Fitz one of those? Yes. I'm sorry if you can't see that throwing an interception while driving is costly. Not to mention missing a wide open CJ Spiller to end the game in OT. Which would have taken wining the game off of Lindell's shoulders. How about the 4 to 5 errant throws he made. A couple of those could have been INTs. Yes he makes some good throws. But I'd say he makes a good amount of god-awful looking throws too. And this happens every game with Fitz, Is that something you want to see out of a "franchise" QB? I'd hope not.

LMAO.

In 5 games: 105 of 176; 1200yds; 240yds/gm; 12td's; 5int; 91.1 QB rating. About 25 teams in this league would give you their right NUT for those kind of numbers...but yet here I am: an apologist for Ryan Fitzpatrick's play this season. LMAO. One would think I was posting on a Jets board.. :blink:

oh ya, and add on 22 rushing attempts for 159 yards in 5 games. By comparison, CJ Spiller for the entire season: 26 for 113 yds.

Ya, Fitzpatrick is DEFINITELY the problem, and not a part of the solution.

LMAO.

In 5 games: 105 of 176; 1200yds; 240yds/gm; 12td's; 5int; 91.1 QB rating. About 25 teams in this league would give you their right NUT for those kind of numbers...but yet here I am: an apologist for Ryan Fitzpatrick's play this season. LMAO. One would think I was posting on a Jets board.. :blink:

I understand where you are coming from here...you are defending a player on your favorite team and I get that.

I really don't think that the people who posted in this thread, myself included, think that Fitz completely sucks.

But can you honestly sit there and say that you think he is an elite-level QB??

If you could take a poll of the 32 GM's in the NFL giving them the choice of drafting a potential franchise QB with the first overall pick, or keeping Fitz, what do you think the results would be?

No one here is saying "cut Fitz because he blew these last two games", they are just stating the obvious fact that he is not an elite-level QB...something the Bills have been desperately searching for since the retirement of Jim Kelly.

If the guy they want is there at QB then they take him but if we had the slightest semblance of a defense Fitz has 3 win. I can't find much fault in Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, maybe, but give it a rest. Fitz also threw 2 horrible picks against the Pats and the Ravens to contribute heavily to those losses. Sure the D sucks, but Fitz and any Bills QB has to stop making the huge mistakes and miss-fires that plague Fitz.

Today, Fitz was Fitz. One good throw, one mediocre throw, two horrible throws, a decent throw....etc. He had help today, mostly from a run defense that is the most pitiful run D I have ever seen. Also, Howard at RT was brutal today. Hali owned him, lock, stock, and barrel. Yet, despite it all, the game was there and Fitz simply came up empty multiple times when one key play, and the game was over. He had his shot at the end of regulation and twice in OT. 0 for 3 when one key play gives us the game. It was there for the taking and Fitz said "no thanks".

Fitz is a heartbreaker. He plays hard, has moxy, has guts, but his arm betrays him, the Bills, and us over and over again. His INT in the final seconds was a brutally horrible throw, and one gets tired of seeing balls slip out of his hand when throwing, along with his wildly inconsistent accuracy. Fitz the "Heartbreaker". Brohm may turn out to be a bum, but we may get to see him soon.

Edited by Spiderweb