Lynch Traded

Dante

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddie runs behind the same OL and averages quite a bit more per carry than Lynch (4.5 per carry vs. 4.0 for their careers). Yes, only the Bills would use a top 10 pick to draft a RB when they have two guys on their roster who have posted 1000k seasons and both average over 4.0ypc..

WHOA!!!! Thats a lot of yards!!! By my calculations that 1 million yards per year! How did we not win more games?

:oops:

what a waste :thumbdown: Inst that what we got for Mcgahee?

That's just it. Most GM's around the league would say selecting an RB in high 1st round is a waste. You can find these guys elsewhere. You need to take a big man, not a skill position that gets used up quicker than any player on the field. RB's have the shortest careers on average. We now have just one pick left on the team from the 2007 draft-Poz.

2.) If I'm a Packers fan, I'm furious right now. How dumb is their management that they wouldn't pony up a third-rounder to get Lynch? Has Ted Thompson watched any games since Ryan Grant got hurt? Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn are taking them nowhere. Lynch could've been the difference between winning the Super Bowl and losing in the first round of the playoffs. I'm sure whatever RB they draft next year will be really solid, but you'd think they'd have a little more urgency to take advantage of the opportunity they have right now.

This lack of logic really confuses me. They have no running game due to no runnERS. Lynch has looked pretty strong with the ball this season (and in the past). Worth a 3rd. Thats make or break for a contender like them. Unless they have another RB lined up somewhere, somehow.

The Bills get little or no value for yet another high pick.

I wonder if we would have taken Patrick Willis with that pick if the 49ers had not taken him. Oh well.

I wish that this trade had happened before J. Bell was signed from our practice squad. I could at least be happy about that.

excuse me for what i'm about to do...

FOR THE LAST FREAKIN' TIME, THE GUY WAS SIGNED THRU 2011!!!! (actually, thru 2012 - but the last year was a 'voidable' year)

(sorry, i'm just so sick and tired of all the, 'it was either trade him, or get nothing when he walks at the end of the season' posts)

If our season if basically 'down the drain' - and maybe it is, or maybe Gailey already thinks it is - then I can understand wanting to get draft picks, but we should have gotten more than a 4th for Marshawn Lynch.

Good trade for him, though - gets him out of a town that doesn't like him very much and gets him back on the left coast, a bit closer to home. I always liked Marshawn.

(Note to all you Lynch-bashers - better keep quiet when he 'lites it up' for the Seahawks.)

I am so disgusted I'm not going to read all the comments..

We trade our strongest RB for a !@#$ing 4th round pick? WTF..

I would have been ok with trading Lynch and putting Bell on the 53 man roster.. but we let Bell slip away so trading lynch now leaves us with no heavy hitters..

I am so pissed right now..

First the Kelsey extension.. and that jackass missed like every tackle vs. the Jets.. He was horrid!! Now we deal our only RB that can grind it out?

I am about to cancel my Directv NFL package and give up on the Bills after 30+ years..

This lack of logic really confuses me. They have no running game due to no runnERS. Lynch has looked pretty strong with the ball this season (and in the past). Worth a 3rd. Thats make or break for a contender like them. Unless they have another RB lined up somewhere, somehow.

Supposedly they like UB's own James Starks(? going from memory), who is eligible to come off the PUP list in a couple weeks. But that reminds me of one of Michael Lombardi's favorite quotes: "Hope is not a plan." You can be hopeful about a rookie coming off a major injury, but you can't plan your Super Bowl run around him.

To keep things a little more on topic, Adam Schefter is tweeting that the Seahawks thought they had a Lynch deal in place last week, but the Bills pulled out at the last minute. I'm guessing that that's where the conditional pick came from.

That's the ticket...trade away your number one picks for a fourth round pick. Maybe we can get a third round pick for Spiller?

You've got to deal in the present. Presently, that is all Lynch is worth. The real mistake was made when he was selected in the 1st round, but hindsight is 20-20.

Best of luck to Marshawn. He was one of my favorite Bills players on the current roster but I knew this was inevitable.

How can anyone say this is a terrible trade? What did people expect we would get from the guy? A 3rd round pick was really the ceiling. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen in this league (See: Bills RB Depth Chart), I'm pretty content we got a 4th + whatever out of him. Maybe it's because of the recent draft-day flubs over the years, but some of you guys greatly underestimate the value of draft picks.

Ok people, stop and read the facts. A lot of people here are bashing the FO for trading Lynch for a 4th round pick.

Here's a snippet of one of the articles linked here.

Bolding by me;

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Seahawks have finagled Lynch from the Bills for a fourth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

A lot of posters I've read in this thread seem to think it's for a fourth rounder only. How about we lay off of the FO bashing until we find out what the conditional pick is. :wallbash: