Lynch Traded

Dante

And this affects me how? I should care why? Unfortunately when the team turns around there will be room for the bandwagoners to come back!! :wallbash:

BTW, I think the FO wants a certain type of player on this team. Lynch wasn't around very much in the off season and is one shot away from a year suspension. I'll reserve total judgment until the second pick is announced but right now I like this. I'd rather they get the chemistry right and go from there.

For those who think Lynch is a bad player, he went to the pro bowl for cryin out loud. He sucked last year but looks good, so far this year. JMO

I really wish Bell was still on the the PS. They'll probably promote Anderson.

BTW, does anyone know if the Bills had to dump a player in order to reactivate Nelson? If so this does that.

Suspended players do not count against a team's active roster. So yes, when Nelson gets activated, there will need to be an open roster space. But I think the Bills will add an RB first, then cut a TE to make room for Nelson. Keep in mind that Nelson's coming off surgery and may not be able to play for a couple weeks anyway. If he's unable to play, the Bills can request a roster exemption to let him practice with the team while he heals, and only activate him once he's ready to play. Such exemptions only last 1-2 weeks, and are usually granted.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way things ended up this isn't a terrible move, but if you take a step back and look at the bigger picture it's just another failure. Drafted the wrong guy, lost value for various reasons, left with what will potentially amount to a door prize.

Agree, from a big-picture perspective, this is yet another failure by the Buffalo Bills organization. Having said that, all we have is the PRESENT and the present dictates that we get what we can for him. And sometimes, the opposite happens -- we get value for a guy who was once a rookie free agent -- e.g. trading Jason Peters for a 1st round pick, so win some, lose some (and not wanting to discuss particulars of Peters here -- just stating that sometimes you get a guy for nothing and can trade him for something, so the Bills don't always lose on these situations, but they do lose on them too many times. Bottom line, you have to start where you are and that is what is on the roster TODAY and where do we go from here. Bashing the regime of Marv Levy, while valid, doesn't change the fact that we are where we are. We only have the players on the present roster to deal with and that's just how it is.

One factor I haven't seen mentioned is that Lynch is in his 4th year. Yes he's young for a 4th year player, but RB's typically don't have long careers. So trading a former 1st rounder who is at the top of, or on the down side of a typical career arc, for a 4th round pick plus an additional pick seems about right. Now factor in things such as ML being one party away from a full year suspension, his lack of maturity/professionalism,his desire to be elsewhere, depth at the position, and the decrease in value of RBs in a pass oriented league, and it looks like they got a reasonable return.

Because we've seen conditional picks thrown into trades before, and it's almost always a 7th-rounder that could upgrade to a 6th-rounder. Especially when the value of the 4th-rounder is being reported. If it was "2 conditional picks," maybe one of them could be pretty high. When it's "a 4th-rounder and a conditional pick," typically the conditional pick is somewhat of a throw-in. I've definitely never seen a report of "an X-rounder and a conditional pick" where the conditional pick was able to even match the X pick.

And I'm sick of being told to wait before criticizing the Bills. I waited for 10 full years, thank you very much. Now I'm allowed to B word when I want about what I want, and those privileges don't get revoked until they make the playoffs.

You don't know what the pick is. You're guessing only.

You have every right to criticize the FO. Perhaps I took my frustration out on you unfairly. I don't remember a lot of your posts here. I tend to read the post and ignore who wrote it, in most cases. There are some people who do nothing but criticize. I've criticized moves the team has made I just get tired of the people who constantly criticize everything.

I believe this whole board lacks the ability to comprehend English. Everyone keeps saying that we traded Lynch for JUST a fourth round pick, it clearly states AND a conditional 2012 pick.

:thumbsup:

Suspended players do not count against a team's active roster. So yes, when Nelson gets activated, there will need to be an open roster space. But I think the Bills will add an RB first, then cut a TE to make room for Nelson. Keep in mind that Nelson's coming off surgery and may not be able to play for a couple weeks anyway. If he's unable to play, the Bills can request a roster exemption to let him practice with the team while he heals, and only activate him once he's ready to play. Such exemptions only last 1-2 weeks, and are usually granted.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

One factor I haven't seen mentioned is that Lynch is in his 4th year. Yes he's young for a 4th year player, but RB's typically don't have long careers.

It come down to this for me-For a guy who absorbs a lot of hits I really don't trust Lynch to take care of his body to ensure he has a long career.

I believe this whole board lacks the ability to comprehend English. Everyone keeps saying that we traded Lynch for JUST a fourth round pick, it clearly states AND a conditional 2012 pick.

If you think the conditional pick is higher than a 6th, you're nuts.

The Bills got a 4th round pick. Hopefully whoever they draft can play someday.

I think the conditional 2012 pick is due to the possibility of a lockout in 2011. So it could be a higher pick than expected. If it goes to a fourth rounder then two fourth round picks would be ok in my book.

I believe the word "conditional" refers to how Lynch does with the Seahawks, so what the range that pick falls has yet to be revealed.

PTR

The more I think about it I think the new guys at OBD did pretty good with the cards they were dealt. They turned a guy who had little value (when compared to the position he was drafted) and generated a good amount of interest and excitement for him by never showing any sign that they had doubts about him as a player... despite his off-field problems, suspension, unwillingness to participate with their off-season program and occasional lack of on-field concentration and performance. I mean they did such a good job that they even got a lot of the fan base excited about Lynch again, which is a big reason why this trade is so painful for some. Lynch likely wasn't their guy all along, but you sure as hell wouldn't want another team to know that.