Lynch Traded

Dante

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we would have accepted a 4th from those teams..it'd almost be a 5th as they're pretty good. Seattle's 4th probably a better bet. They wanted a 3rd from the Eagles.... Anyway, our 1st round picks from the decade of the Aughts are lookin' like a bunch of zeros

2002- Mike Williams Out of football for awhile, may be in the NFL again, I don't know but a colossal bust

2003- Willis McGahee- No longer on team. Decent player, though

2004- Lee Evans- still with team, but possibly the most overpaid WR in football. The guy bears no resemblance to say, Andre Johnson and is a one trick pony.

J.P. Losman- bust, out of NFL

2005 no 1st

2006 Donte Whitner- below average safety who makes no plays. Decent locker room presence, but that's about it. Huge reach that Kiper thought may have been available in the 3rd round.

John McCargo- team tried to trade him once and was inactive vs Jets team that rolled up nearly 300 yards on the ground. Enough said?

2007 Marshawn Lynch- Traded

2008 Leodis McKelvin - Jury still out. Why did the Bills not want Ryan Clady ?

2009 Aaron Maybin- Probably the next cut. Can't play the run and gets no pass rush. Picked over many better players that start for their teams and make pro bowls.

Wow. How does Tom Modrak keep his job?

I suspect that Seattle will win that division.

I do not fault them for this. It is simply posturing to say he is not available. If they publicly say Lynch is available, how does that help?

I can't believe this simple fact has been so elusive for so many. Is it not obvious they cannot show their hand? What value is there for NFL teams in revealing details in any roster moves before the fact anyhow?

Running backs are a dime a dozen.

That the Bills drafted 3 with first round picks in a decade and picked one O-lineman (a guard no less) is why the RBs suck.

Good line + average RB = great RB. See Denver, the Shanny years, where he had a 150 yard/week RB no matter who it was.

Only a HOF RB behind a bad line actually looks good. Sanders made a lousy line look good. Not many can do that.

Don't think we would have accepted a 4th from those teams..it'd almost be a 5th as they're pretty good. Seattle's 4th probably a better bet. They wanted a 3rd from the Eagles.... Anyway, our 1st round picks from the decade of the Aughts are lookin' like a bunch of zeros

2002- Mike Williams Out of football for awhile, may be in the NFL again, I don't know but a colossal bust

2003- Willis McGahee- No longer on team. Decent player, though

2004- Lee Evans- still with team, but possibly the most overpaid WR in football. The guy bears no resemblance to say, Andre Johnson and is a one trick pony.

J.P. Losman- bust, out of NFL

2005 no 1st

2006 Donte Whitner- below average safety who makes no plays. Decent locker room presence, but that's about it. Huge reach that Kiper thought may have been available in the 3rd round.

John McCargo- team tried to trade him once and was inactive vs Jets team that rolled up nearly 300 yards on the ground. Enough said?

2007 Marshawn Lynch- Traded

2008 Leodis McKelvin - Jury still out. Why did the Bills not want Ryan Clady ?

2009 Aaron Maybin- Probably the next cut. Can't play the run and gets no pass rush. Picked over many better players that start for their teams and make pro bowls.

Wow. How does Tom Modrak keep his job?

I can beat this. By the start of the 2011 season (if there is one), the only guys still on the Bills team on that list are probably McKelvin and Evans. What a joke.

How quickly people forget that Lynch had the best start to a career since Thomas. But hey he is a thug so he is porbably no good. Now he gets to play behind a good line, I hope he tears it up out there.

Freddie runs behind the same OL and averages quite a bit more per carry than Lynch (4.5 per carry vs. 4.0 for their careers). Yes, only the Bills would use a top 10 pick to draft a RB when they have two guys on their roster who have posted 1000k seasons and both average over 4.0ypc..

While I'll miss Beast Mode in Buffalo and while I would like to have seen a little more value (though two picks seems like a fair deal depending on that 2012 conditional), this deal had to be made.

We don't need three RB's all competing for carries - in the end no one gets into a game flow when they all only get 5 carries a piece.

Sure Marshawn / CJ could have been awesome, if we didn't have 1,000 other needs!

Goodbye Marshawn, I'll pour a little of my 40 out and waive a crushed blunt in the air in your honor tonight...

Not really happy with the trade, but whatever.

Could be something we dont know, like Lynch and his agent told Buffalo that they would not be re-signing here no matter what. If that was the case then at least we got something for him. I thought he still had another year left on his contract though?

My first 2 thoughts:

1.) I had been encouraged that the Bills were holding out for value. Assuming that conditional pick is low (which is usually the case), I'm very discouraged. We got 2 third-rounders and a 7th-rounder for McGahee. A four (even a high four) and maybe a seven next year is not very good. I thought it would take a second-rounder to get Lynch, especially since there are multiple confirmed suitors (Seahawks, Packers, Eagles), and 2 of them are fairly desperate. Sometimes a contender will overpay for an in-season trade, because their focus is on winning it all *this* year, and next year's draft can't help that. See San Diego giving the Dolphins a 2nd-rounder for Chris Chambers a few years ago.

2.) If I'm a Packers fan, I'm furious right now. How dumb is their management that they wouldn't pony up a third-rounder to get Lynch? Has Ted Thompson watched any games since Ryan Grant got hurt? Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn are taking them nowhere. Lynch could've been the difference between winning the Super Bowl and losing in the first round of the playoffs. I'm sure whatever RB they draft next year will be really solid, but you'd think they'd have a little more urgency to take advantage of the opportunity they have right now.

Obviously, if the conditional pick turns out to be something of significant value, that will completely change my thinking.