Rooting for Injuries

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you feel happy if Brady got hurt?

• Hell yah!
    • Nope

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ing sad

i never root for injuries because if you can't beat the best then you really didn't beat anyone...

the fact that anyone would even admit to rooting for injuries is pretty pathetic.... so if you voted yes for injuries your a piece of ****

No, I don't root for an injury to Brady. I can't hate a guy that much just because he's good. Do I want to see the Bills hit him hard and knock him out of a game? Yes. But not a serious injury.

p.s. Wilfork is another story -- he's a dirty scumbag and intentionally injured JP. He's the only player in the league that I actually would enjoy seeing hurt.

Too late. The Patriots*, and Tom Brady's best days are behind them.

I voted NO. Wishing harm to a fellow human being, particularly one who has done no personal harm to you, says a lot about your character, Benjamin. What has TB ever done to you, other than out-play the Buffalo Bills? You should feel priveledged to watch him play, he is one of the greats. Isn't that what you want to see on Sundays? Ever hear of the Golden Rule?

I'll admit there was a short period in life when hatred dominated my every thought. I fantasized about the million bad things I wanted to inflict upon a certain cretan who entered my life. Thank God that has passed. Hatred is evil my friend.

Wishing you all the best...

GO BILLS!!!

You are looking for confirmation in the wrong place dude. If you think it is cool to cheer an injury, go right ahead. Don't be surprised when kinder folk avoid your company.

What did you say............I was too busy looking at your avatar. Good Lord that is sweet.

Do I wish for someone like Brady, or back in the day, Marino, Cox or Duper to get injured? No.

Am I sad for them if they do get hurt? Hell No.

If Brady got hurt aginst another team then sour grapes. If we intentionally went for his legs and took him out I would be ashamed of our team. The character of our team reflects the character of Buffalo, fair or not. I want to beat the Pats head up w/o taking cheap shots. I don't care if it takes 50 years, that's not part of football. We are better than that and so are the Bills. I never want to have a reputation as a dirty team. I'd rather lose a game than lose my dignity.

I was in a bar in Maine (Big pat fans up there) when Brady got injured. I made a phone call to a HUGE Bills fan who has a Bills Backers elsewhere. He passed along the news and the whole place was cheering!!!! They were happy about the news... This post makes me think of a person who looks down on someone for adultry and mocks them, and turns around and has cybersex on a chat room that night.... Many die hard Bills fans around were happy to hear Brady was out. Even the place that I was at had several Bills fans and we all joked about it.... Don't feel bad for this, just because some people feel it's right or wrong, it's part of the game and your feelings are yours. I just wouldn't post it.......

In another thread, I mentioned I would be happy if Tom Brady got injured. I was SHOCKED when many people were upset at this remark, and thought I was way out of line.

Am I really the only one that was happy and was high fiving people when Brady suffered that early season knee injury a couple years ago?

Do you guys not remember when Wilfork threw and intentional forearm shiv into the side of Losman's knee and injured him on purpose?

We couldn't beat the Patriots the year Brady was hurt anyways, but at least we stood a better chance. They are confirmed cheaters on many different fronts, we need any advantage we can get.

If Stroud lays a vicious sack on Brady this year and knocks him out of the game, you better believe I will be cheering my ass off about it! :)

I want my football team to be tough and physical; and I'll cheer for good, clean, hard hits as much as any fan. Injuries are part of any contact sport and a risk knowingly taken by anyone who participates - and, unfortunately, they will occur. However, I will never understand anyone who wishes for somebody to be hurt or derives any sort of pleasure from the pain and suffering of another human being. It's only a game. I'd rather my team just be better than the other team.

In another thread, I mentioned I would be happy if Tom Brady got injured. I was SHOCKED when many people were upset at this remark, and thought I was way out of line.

Am I really the only one that was happy and was high fiving people when Brady suffered that early season knee injury a couple years ago?

Do you guys not remember when Wilfork threw and intentional forearm shiv into the side of Losman's knee and injured him on purpose?

We couldn't beat the Patriots the year Brady was hurt anyways, but at least we stood a better chance. They are confirmed cheaters on many different fronts, we need any advantage we can get.

If Stroud lays a vicious sack on Brady this year and knocks him out of the game, you better believe I will be cheering my ass off about it! :)

You're an idiot!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't root for an injury to Brady. I can't hate a guy that much just because he's good. Do I want to see the Bills hit him hard and knock him out of a game? Yes. But not a serious injury.

p.s. Wilfork is another story -- he's a dirty scumbag and intentionally injured JP. He's the only player in the league that I actually would enjoy seeing hurt.

I see your point with the Wilfork hit, but I blame the league more for not coming down hard on him. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Bills fan, but that hit looked intentional to me. Also The refs should be authorized to expel a player for a hit like that. As far as injuries, I will never root for it, but i agree with an earlier post where it was said no tears would be shed either. I think everyone knows that injuries are a part of the game.

Guest dog14787

#1 It's a game that's less important than the human beings who play it.

#2 Rooting for anyone to be injured is a bit sick, JMO.

#3 I'd rather beat a team at full strength rather than give their whiny fans a reason to make excuses.

#4 Taking the high road is always the better thing to do.

#5 Legal hits that "jack up" a dude are awesome. Sometimes referred to snot bubblers. Vince Wilfork has to live with himself and I have to live with myself. I can't be happy with myself if I wish ill will on others.

Great post Steely,

Honestly, I can't say for sure I wouldn't feel a twinge of pleasure from seeing the Pats struggle with Brady going down, but zero pleasure from Brady's actual injury. My pleasure would be more from seeing the team itself struggling.

The Bills have had way more then their share of bad luck in my opinion and I'm not going to lie and say If it happens to someone else in our division that I won't derive a certain degree of satisfaction/pleasure because I probably would,

Just keeping it real fellas,

I don't hope for it, but I sure as hell don't shed any tears if it happens either.

To expand on this:

It's one thing for an injury to happen during the normal course of the game, and to realize, because of that injury, there is now an opportunity.

It's quite another wishing and hoping for that injury to happen.

As somebody pointed out in this thread, while you, Barker, are actively rooting for somebody to purposely hurt Brady (just so your team has a better chance to win a game), there is some idiot out there who is hoping and praying Spiller's knee gets wrecked for life (so his team will always have a better chance to win a game)

I was kind of hoping a certain poser, I mean poster would get carpal tunnel.

This post makes me think of a person who looks down on someone for adultry and mocks them, and turns around and has cybersex on a chat room that night....

In my best George voice "was that wrong? because when I started here, if any one would have told me that kind of thing was frowned upon"

You guys need to get in touch with reality and come off this happy frappy love one another baloney.

You realize that NFL players are specifically trying to give other people a concussion on nearly every down? This is a man's game, get real.

After an interception, defenders always seek out the other team's QB and try to lay a cheapshot on him. Gregggg was coaching up the Saints D to specifically try to hurt Favre and others in the playoffs.

If some receiver goes across the middle, they are taught to knock him out so violently that he will be afraid to ever go across the middle again.

And you guys still won't address the question of whether it's okay to then root for Brady to get hit really hard where it just sidelines him for a play or two, just a minor injury? Can I root for that kind of hit? How about a hit so vicious it knocks him out for a half? A game?

Or should I just root for the Bills D to gently cradle him to the ground if they manage to touch him?

difference between hurt and injured... i think some want to scare WR or QB by rattling their cages, but not want to actually injure them and take them out so they can't play. certainly not for more than that game. and in most cases, players hit to dislodge the ball or tackle or whatever. i'm sure most of these guys have all been injured, and don't necessarily wish to end another's season.

for me as a fan, while i certainly did not mind brady going out for the season considering how much i "despise" him, i don't really want him or any bigtime players out so we have a better chance to win. that's not exactly bragging rights, it's a no-win situation. you win, it's "who cares?" and you lose it's even worse. if yer beating a team at or near it's best, it's nothing to get excited about.. kinda like beating the Colts to finish last year. okay, tiny amount of satisfaction for beating belichik i guess, but minimal... ;-)

So when someone hits Spiller on the sideline after he is down and he doesn't get up, it is ok for the fans on the other team to cheer it?

Like I said in the other thread, I hope you get hurt. :wallbash:What are you a psychopath?

Brady whether he plays for the Cheats* or not is prolly the best the game has ever seen. I want my team to beat the best the competition has to offer. Do I want him injured no. I don't want anyone injured, even Wolford.

BTW I am not voting your stupid poll.

You may get troll status soon, you are being considered for the ignore list.

Overshoot much?

I get the general sentiment: It's a dick move to cheer for someone to get hurt. And I usually agree.

But Tom Brady has devolved into a 1st class assshole, and although I don't want him to suffer any kind of horrific Eric Wood style injury, if he gets banged up and misses a few games, good.

I can't believe all the people who are falling into this a$$leak's trolling trap. I fell yesterday. Don't give him the satisfaction. He found a touchy nerve and he'll keep hitting it until he's ignored.

Real fans can have intelligent conversations.

Go Bills!