Rooting for Injuries

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you feel happy if Brady got hurt?

• Hell yah!
    • Nope

Well, the OP almost got his wish, even before the games started:

(CNN) -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was involved in a two-vehicle accident Thursday morning near his home in Boston, Massachusetts, but is now "fine," according to a source familiar with the incident.

Brady was not injured and was already at football practice after the wreck, the source said.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Steely,

Honestly, I can't say for sure I wouldn't feel a twinge of pleasure from seeing the Pats struggle with Brady going down, but zero pleasure from Brady's actual injury. My pleasure would be more from seeing the team itself struggling.

The Bills have had way more then their share of bad luck in my opinion and I'm not going to lie and say If it happens to someone else in our division that I won't derive a certain degree of satisfaction/pleasure because I probably would,

Just keeping it real fellas,

Yeah that's the general concensus of me and my friends as well. We don't actively root for players to be injured, but we accept it as part of a ultra-violent game. Players for one, as an earlier poster mentioned, are hell-bent on destroying one another, too.

Let us not forget Kellen Winslow's comments years back at Miami. "It's war...they're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a ... soldier."

I remember the outcry was more for his insensitive comments concerning the ongoing war, not the validity of his words which explicitly infer players trying to injure one another.

In another thread, I mentioned I would be happy if Tom Brady got injured. I was SHOCKED when many people were upset at this remark, and thought I was way out of line.

Am I really the only one that was happy and was high fiving people when Brady suffered that early season knee injury a couple years ago?

Do you guys not remember when Wilfork threw and intentional forearm shiv into the side of Losman's knee and injured him on purpose?

We couldn't beat the Patriots the year Brady was hurt anyways, but at least we stood a better chance. They are confirmed cheaters on many different fronts, we need any advantage we can get.

If Stroud lays a vicious sack on Brady this year and knocks him out of the game, you better believe I will be cheering my ass off about it! :)

Here is a situation where I would normally say "no offense, but..." in a reply...however, not going to do it this time as I dont care if you take offense to it Tonya Harding.

Nothing surprises me on this board anymore, but man, some of this crap is just sad. Seriously, you are a massive, and I mean massive, p*ssy and coward for rooting for someone to get hurt so you have a chance to beat them. That is so pathetic that I almost feel sorry for you and that is a philosphy direct from the book "Things Loser Say" which you seem to be the author of, or at the very least, the ghost writer of.

If we cant beat the Pats with Brady then we are not going to beat other great teams either, so whats the point of hoping Brady misses a game so we can have a better shot of winning one game? Winners want to play the best and beat the best, but thats clearly an entirely different book above your reading comprehension.

PS: You do realize that this is just a game right? If your happiness is so hinged on beating the Pats that you wish people hurt just to increase the odds of a win, then you need to make some changed in your life...

:worthy:

Here is a situation where I would normally say "no offense, but..." in a reply...however, not going to do it this time as I dont care if you take offense to it Tonya Harding.

Nothing surprises me on this board anymore, but man, some of this crap is just sad. Seriously, you are a massive, and I mean massive, p*ssy and coward for rooting for someone to get hurt so you have a chance to beat them. That is so pathetic that I almost feel sorry for you and that is a philosphy direct from the book "Things Loser Say" which you seem to be the author of, or at the very least, the ghost writer of.

If we cant beat the Pats with Brady then we are not going to beat other great teams either, so whats the point of hoping Brady misses a game so we can have a better shot of winning one game? Winners want to play the best and beat the best, but thats clearly an entirely different book above your reading comprehension.

PS: You do realize that this is just a game right? If your happiness is so hinged on beating the Pats that you wish people hurt just to increase the odds of a win, then you need to make some changed in your life...

:worthy:

Guest dog14787

Yeah that's the general concensus of me and my friends as well. We don't actively root for players to be injured, but we accept it as part of a ultra-violent game. Players for one, as an earlier poster mentioned, are hell-bent on destroying one another, too.

Let us not forget Kellen Winslow's comments years back at Miami. "It's war...they're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a ... soldier."

I remember the outcry was more for his insensitive comments concerning the ongoing war, not the validity of his words which explicitly infer players trying to injure one another.

Modern day Gladiators playing in arena's that are seen from every living room in the Nation. Some of the best athletes in the world exhibiting the most amazing feats ever known to man kind and we call it the National Football League,

and it all starts tonight, the World Champion New Orleans Saints and Drew Brees against Brett Favre and the Vikings,

Sailing Ships, the Vikings Spits, the Blood of Fathers Land,

only to deceive...(Aerosmith)

I was in a bar in Maine (Big pat fans up there) when Brady got injured. I made a phone call to a HUGE Bills fan who has a Bills Backers elsewhere. He passed along the news and the whole place was cheering!!!! They were happy about the news... This post makes me think of a person who looks down on someone for adultry and mocks them, and turns around and has cybersex on a chat room that night.... Many die hard Bills fans around were happy to hear Brady was out. Even the place that I was at had several Bills fans and we all joked about it.... Don't feel bad for this, just because some people feel it's right or wrong, it's part of the game and your feelings are yours. I just wouldn't post it.......

Well at least someone has a touch of honesty around here.

Have any of you people that are ripping me even been to a Bills game? Do you understand the mentality of the crazed fan? If someone on the opposing team gets lit up, people are cheering like crazy. Some people clap half heartedly when he gets up as some show of "sportsmanship".

I was at the Ralph in the stands when news of the Brady knee started hitting people's cell phones. The news spread like wildfire and fans were literally cheering and high fiving like crazy over the news.

Also, do you comprehend that multiple players suffer injuries in EVERY SINGLE NFL GAME THAT IS PLAYED?

btw I'm not a troll, I'm a longtime season ticket holder.

Edited by Benjamin Barker

Well at least someone has a touch of honesty around here.

Have any of you people that are ripping me even been to a Bills game? Do you understand the mentality of the crazed fan? If someone on the opposing team gets lit up, people are cheering like crazy. Some people clap half heartedly when he gets up as some show of "sportsmanship".

I was at the Ralph in the stands when news of the Brady knee started hitting people's cell phones. The news spread like wildfire and fans were literally cheering and high fiving like crazy over the news.

Also, do you comprehend that multiple players suffer injuries in EVERY SINGLE NFL GAME THAT IS PLAYED?

btw I'm not a troll, I'm a longtime season ticket holder.

You want honesty...I was actually a little bummed out when Brady got hurt and had a hard time even watching the footage. As a fan of football and him coming off such a historical season, I felt bad for him and for the league. I know people who have had that injury and never made it back. I know how painful that injury is and the kind of intense rehab needed to have a chance at a full recovery. Its not something I would cheer for or wish on anyone.

I want to beat the Pats as much as anyone, but not that way. And as big of a fan of the Bills that I am, I am an even bigger fan of football and to see one of its greatest players go down in the opening moments of week 1 is not what I wanted to see nor something I was happy about.

Get this through your head...OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS NOT PLAYING DOES NOT MAKE OUR TEAM BETTER, we are still the same team. This thread should be titled "Things Losers Say" in an attempt to promote your book tour.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest dog14787

Myself personally, I gave an honest response about injuries in general and it could be looked at as cold and calculating to some, but I agree Alpha, to actually high five other folks because someone tore the knee up is barbaric and a horrible thing to do in my opinion.

You guys need to get in touch with reality and come off this happy frappy love one another baloney.

*You realize that NFL players are specifically trying to give other people a concussion on nearly every down? This is a man's game, get real.

**After an interception, defenders always seek out the other team's QB and try to lay a cheapshot on him. Gregggg was coaching up the Saints D to specifically try to hurt Favre and others in the playoffs.

***If some receiver goes across the middle, they are taught to knock him out so violently that he will be afraid to ever go across the middle again.

****And you guys still won't address the question of whether it's okay to then root for Brady to get hit really hard where it just sidelines him for a play or two, just a minor injury? Can I root for that kind of hit? How about a hit so vicious it knocks him out for a half? A game?

Or should I just root for the Bills D to gently cradle him to the ground if they manage to touch him?

Very immature post, IMO.

*No they aren't. They want to hit hard and inflict pain that makes the other player wary of being in their zone. The vast majority want to make big hits but not injure somebody. I point to opposing team members having prayer groups for the injured player on the other team. Dominic Hixon felt horrible about the hit that paralyzed Kevin Everett. Why you think that being a man entails lack of compassion and a depraved sense of morals is beyond me.

**You watch different games than I do. What I've seen during an interception is guys blocking for the returner. A cheap shot on a QB would nullify the TD and the player would catch hell from the coach.

***Cornerbacks are not taught to knock guys out. They are encouraged to give hard hits that will take a receiver off his game mentally.

****When Brady or any other QB gets hit hard and is slow to get up I like to see that. I don't like to see them permanently injured. When Donte sent Ochodinko to the hospital after a brutal legal hit I was happy he made the big hit but not happy to see Ochodinko hurt. Anybody who cheered the Mike Utley or Kevin Everett injuries need to seek intensive psychotherapy, JMO

In one of the preseason games at the Ralph an opposing player was injured and the crowd cheered when he got up and obviously wasn't paralyzed. That's the fan base I'm proud of. IIRC, Michael Irvin was injured in a game in Philly and the fans cheered his injury. That's not a fan base I'd be proud of.

No, I don't root for an injury to Brady. I can't hate a guy that much just because he's good. Do I want to see the Bills hit him hard and knock him out of a game? Yes. But not a serious injury.

p.s. Wilfork is another story -- he's a dirty scumbag and intentionally injured JP. He's the only player in the league that I actually would enjoy seeing hurt.

Guys like Harrison, Andre "Dirty" Waters, Wilfork and others who deliberately deliver cheap shots deserve to receive cheap shots themselves. A good team is like a band of brothers. If somebody takes a cheap shot at my brother I'm gonna get pissed and attempt some revenge. Those morons seem to only understand physical revenge. If somebody takes out their knees and ends their season it gives them ample time to reflect on their playing style. JMO

If Brady got hurt aginst another team then sour grapes. If we intentionally went for his legs and took him out I would be ashamed of our team. The character of our team reflects the character of Buffalo, fair or not. I want to beat the Pats head up w/o taking cheap shots. I don't care if it takes 50 years, that's not part of football. We are better than that and so are the Bills. I never want to have a reputation as a dirty team. I'd rather lose a game than lose my dignity.

:thumbsup: What he said.

Why is anyone responding to this moron?

Don't feed the trolls.

I normally try to ignore the trolls but this is such a sick topic I felt I had to respond to it.

This is very true. I was there, and this definitely was happening. The Bills were winning - and on opening day, when you are winning, anything is possible.....Then, the news was coming in about Brady. Torn achilles, broken leg, etc......And, there was definitely high fiving, etc. - like this could be our year to win the division!

I know I had mixed emotions about it, but I could definitely understand it. This was like 8 months after these aholes had called a timeout to run up the score even more on us.

Football is a barbaric sport.

I think it's funny how so many people start calling me names. Rather than actually think about an issue, just go with the herd and call me a bad person! :thumbsup:

I'm not quite sure I understand your point here. Are you saying that you're not a bad person for wishing severe harm to people you've never met and don't know, simply because they wear a different uniform?

Watch the America's Game installments on the Raiders Super Bowl winning teams, and tell me football players aren't trying to hurt each other.

***Cornerbacks are not taught to knock guys out. They are encouraged to give hard hits that will take a receiver off his game mentally.

LOL that's the same thing DUCY? Why do you think they had to make rules about helmet to helmet hits? Because players were TRYING to knock the other guy out and hit them in a way that would result in a concussion.

**You watch different games than I do. What I've seen during an interception is guys blocking for the returner. A cheap shot on a QB would nullify the TD and the player would catch hell from the coach.

Either you don't watch much football, or you are really really bad at paying attention if you don't see defenders trying to go lay a thunderous "block" on an opposing QB after an INT. And yes, this has resulted in many penalties over the years.

****When Brady or any other QB gets hit hard and is slow to get up I like to see that

So it's good to hurt him just a little bit? Maybe give him a very mild concussion? Give him some very deep bruising that will hurt for several days?

Edited by Benjamin Barker

In another thread, I mentioned I would be happy if Tom Brady got injured. I was SHOCKED when many people were upset at this remark, and thought I was way out of line.

Am I really the only one that was happy and was high fiving people when Brady suffered that early season knee injury a couple years ago?

Do you guys not remember when Wilfork threw and intentional forearm shiv into the side of Losman's knee and injured him on purpose?

We couldn't beat the Patriots the year Brady was hurt anyways, but at least we stood a better chance. They are confirmed cheaters on many different fronts, we need any advantage we can get.

If Stroud lays a vicious sack on Brady this year and knocks him out of the game, you better believe I will be cheering my ass off about it! :)

:thumbdown: I never want another human being to be injured especially playing a game. Sure I HATE the PATRIOTS and I REALLY HATE the DOLPHINS but that does cause me to want to hurt their fans or see their players injured. What I want is for my team to be good enough to beat their team at full strength. If their key personnel are injured and we win ... does that mean we only won because of the injury?

And, yes I know there have been head hunters in the league but that doesn't make it right either.

So, no ... there are no cheers when opposing players get injured.

There is help for anyone who wants another person hurt ... might be wise to seek it out.

When Mike Stratton rocked Keith Lincoln and broke his ribs everyone cheered the hit. Back then it was the hit heard round the world. It was not a cheapshot, just a hard nose play, no on cheered Keith Lincoln getting broken ribs. We all felt sorry for the guy. But boy did he get hammered. That is what you cheer for, not some freak leg injury to a player.

All-in-all, this is a fascinating discussion. In essence, it's a discussion of ethic. I have printed/saved it to be used in a course I teach on Sports Ethics. Thanks to all of you, no matter what side you take, for contributing to my course. It’s always good to have real life examples to use. :worthy:

Guest dog14787

Football is a barbaric sport.

I think it's funny how so many people start calling me names. Rather than actually think about an issue, just go with the herd and call me a bad person! :thumbsup:

I'm not going as far as calling you a bad person.(its tough to be honest sometimes)

I have friends that would do the same thing and I don't consider them to be bad people.

Deep down where folks don't like to go there's more barbarism and the primal lust for Blood and violence then most folks would ever like to admit.

Ben the more you write in this thread.......well, the more I want to injure you. I would like to Vince Wilfork you bad.

there, that's what you have been wanting all along, no?

:nana:Just kidding but I could think of some names to call you.

But I will just stick with TROLL and put you on my ignore list so I don't have to waste time reading threads like this one again.

Ahhhh that's better the internet is sweet again. B-)